You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Other Football 22/23

Bjornebye

Fair play to Everton for their last 2 performances. No idea where they've come from as they barely looked to have a goal in them before that. It also must have been a major prematch confidence boost watching that shambolic Leicester display at Fulham earlier. No chance they're going down now. The other teams down there are looking so bad that I was starting to think 1 win might do it for them anyway. I didn't expect it to come today though. Maybe we can go through all this again next season. The hope is that with all their financial problems they remain as perennial strugglers and eventually run out of luck.

Brighton just didn't look prepared for this game at all. Maybe all the fixtures have caught up with them or maybe it was sheer complacency after all the plaudits they've been receiving. I can only hope that they're so embarrassed after this today that they're extra fired up against Newcastle next week as we really need a favour from them in that game. 

16 minutes ago, Colonel Bumcunt said:

Yeah that's the key for me.  Today is interesting as Everton are defending so deep, like many teams do against us, but will be totally alien to Brighton.  

Agreed. He’s been anonymous, however, the players ahead of him aren’t offering anything either. 

12 minutes ago, Scott_M said:

Agreed. He’s been anonymous, however, the players ahead of him aren’t offering anything either. 

He reminds me of Thiago in a way, he's very tidy and clever, but like with Thiago in these games we tend to see him struggle because he can't exploit space, or very rarely.  We need players in midfield who can create space, or take a man on, or blam a long range shot on goal that the keeper spills and leads to a good goal chance. If he does any of these things in the remaining half then I'm open to change my mind on him...

34 minutes ago, an tha said:

Need Forest to win tonight now and Leeds to beat Newcastle next week.

Defeats for the shite against the cheats and for Leicester v us would then with 2 games to go leave leicester and the shite in bottom 3.

Still hope....

The way things are going Southampton will rifle 10 past Forest and Lord Lucan will appear on the pitch at full time. 

48 minutes ago, Rushies tash said:

Why are Brighton slinging in cross after cross? Have they never met Everton's defenders? Or a Sean Dyche team?

They're still doing it. And Everton's defence are still dealing with it. Fucking easily. Whoever came up with this tactic for Brighton needs sacking.

• Upvote 1

6 minutes ago, johnsusername said:

The way things are going Southampton will rifle 10 past Forest and Lord Lucan will appear on the pitch at full time. 

I've literally just placed a £500 bet on this happening...just added in "riding shergar" to the lord lucan bit.

Buying money.

2 minutes ago, Anubis said:

Other clubs at the bottom should be threatening the PL with legal action for not concluding the investigation ASAP.

Dyche will do a Burnley with them over the next couple of seasons. Any points deduction will come from a position of upper mid-table safety.