You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Summer 2022 Transfer Thread

AngryOfTuebrook

They're getting into Leeds territory if they're not careful

They've sold 10% of La Liga rights for the next 25 years and they've sold 49.9% of the Merchandising operation.

It all seems very short term when the money is going into signing players when the simpler solution would appear to be a couple of years of restructuring and rebuilding.

1 hour ago, MegadriveMan said:

Chelsea aren't in for De Jong. Barcelona are just using Chelsea to try and drive the price up.

Neither De Ligt or Kounde are an improvement on Rudiger, and I don't think Sterling really fixes any of the attacking issues they had last season.

Wasting your time fella. 

• Upvote 1

6 minutes ago, TD_LFC said:

They've sold 10% of La Liga rights for the next 25 years and they've sold 49.9% of the Merchandising operation.

It all seems very short term when the money is going into signing players when the simpler solution would appear to be a couple of years of restructuring and rebuilding.

Maybe they're intentionally trying to bankrupt themselves so they can do a Rangers and get the club honours and stadium transferred to a new legal entity?

14 minutes ago, joe_fishfish said:

Maybe they're intentionally trying to bankrupt themselves so they can do a Rangers and get the club honours and stadium transferred to a new legal entity?

I'd love to see their fan base down in the regional leagues in Spain. 

Add to the problems the stadium is in a shit state by all amounts and needs a major overhaul 

1 hour ago, TD_LFC said:

If I remember rightly Laporte sorted their financial problems last time around didn't he? Came in in a similar situation and got it all sorted. This time though he seems to be selling off their future, unless somehow these deals are not quite what they seem. 

20 minutes ago, TheSire said:

Is it me or do the Echo just waffle for a good 5 pages or not even mention who they're referring to in the headline? I think the technical term is 'clickbait'? Bastards!

In between the 200 adverts that pop up yes. Every time a player who Liverpool were vaguely linked to signs for another team they seem to do a crap article that has no relevance or point involving Liverpool. They then just throw in a random amount that the club saved by not signing them.

1 hour ago, Barrington Womble said:

If I remember rightly Laporte sorted their financial problems last time around didn't he? Came in in a similar situation and got it all sorted. This time though he seems to be selling off their future, unless somehow these deals are not quite what they seem. 

It was less drastic than it currently is but yeah, there's a documentary of his first year and how they dealt with lots of the financial impropriety of the previous owners and shipped out a load of high priced under performing players and brought in the likes of Ronaldinho to kick start their revival.

Half of that management team went off to Man City, some ended up in jail or investigation of fraud (Sandro Rossel who was the big pull for the Brazilian players).

4 hours ago, Barrington Womble said:

I can only assume he’s looking for a quick-ish fix, get them back to where they were and then the rest will take care of itself. 

Still, €50m on 34 year old Lewendowski is nuts. 

Difference Laporte might find this time is not falling into a youth team filled with talent coming  through at the same time. 

Pedri looks great but the rest while promising have a long way to get close to what came through the Barca academy over a 10 year span. 

4 minutes ago, Lee909 said:

Difference Laporte might find this time is not falling into a youth team filled with talent coming  through at the same time. 

Pedri looks great but the rest while promising have a long way to get close to what came through the Barca academy over a 10 year span. 

I think that’s why they might be going for some short term fixes - Apzalacutea (sp), Alonso, Lewendowski… get them challenging for La Liga & the latter stages of the CL again and hope Gavi, Pedri, Fati, Araújo, Garcia and Dembele (should he resign and be re-registered) can be there for the long term and make them year in, year out challengers.

14 minutes ago, Lee909 said:

And Gavi seems to be a talent. He's 17 and already has 10 Spanish caps. 

Anyway, Man City…

Signed Haaland and Phillips.

Potentially Cucurella coming in.

aLost Jesus & Fernandinho.

Decent chance they’ll lost Sterling and Ake.

Talk Gundogan and Silva may still go. 

If they lose say Sterling, Ake & Gundogan or Silva, is it just me or do they look short?

De Bruyne, Mahrez & Walker are all 30+ as well.

I know Palmer, McAtee & Delap are highly rated and I know we have similar faith in unproven talent like Elliott, Carvalho, Ramsey etc or 30+ players (VVD, Thiago, Hendo) but does anybody else think City look short? 

If that's City's business for the summer, I'd be quietly confident of winning the league next season, regardless of Haaland.

Bernardo Silva, cunt though he might be, is a big player for them. Gundogan is a really good player, they probably would have blown it on the last day if not for him. If De Bruyne gets a bad injury, we could streak away from them.