You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Summer 2022 Transfer Thread

AngryOfTuebrook

6 minutes ago, MegadriveMan said:

Bernardo Silva won't go and you've missed out Alvarez who is incredibly highly rated.

Yeah, I missed Alvarez. My bad. I’ve also read City have no expectations for him this season, just settle in and learn the language.

We’ll see.

Talk Silva wanted out last summer. The talk isn’t going away. Him leaving would be a huge bonus. The cunt.

On 08/07/2022 at 10:22, manwiththestick said:

Chelsea have lost Rudiger and Christensen and looks like Alonso and Azpilecueta (sp) are going, they may be suspect at the back this coming season, have they signed a defender yet?

They're after Nathan Ake. So even if they sign him, it's questionable if they would have signed a defender.

See Paul Gorst saying he thinks there is a big opportunity for us to sign Bellingham this summer. Also says the feeling is the club don't feel there is a negotiation to be had with Dortmund now.

Interesting that the Echo aren't all sticking to the line of us not really needing anyone.

9 minutes ago, HBenn said:

See Paul Gorst saying he thinks there is a big opportunity for us to sign Bellingham this summer. Also says the feeling is the club don't feel there is a negotiation to be had with Dortmund now.

Interesting that the Echo aren't all sticking to the line of us not really needing anyone.

They need the clicks though. 

25 minutes ago, Lee909 said:

Reads more like can they afford to wait a year incase there is a bidding war, but they don't expect Dortmund to budge. Reads as the normal column filling drivel to me

His comment on Twitter was there a big opportunity to buy this summer. Breaks from the line that Dortmund won't sell this summer. The Echo are always super positive about the club, even when some say they need to do more. Just a bit weird to be saying they could make a move if LFC and Dortmund are adamant this summer is not an option.

We have gone from no price for him, to a price and even rumours City will go for him this summer. Still think there may well be legs to this one this summer 

7 minutes ago, HBenn said:

His comment on Twitter was there a big opportunity to buy this summer. Breaks from the line that Dortmund won't sell this summer. The Echo are always super positive about the club, even when some say they need to do more. Just a bit weird to be saying they could make a move if LFC and Dortmund are adamant this summer is not an option.

We have gone from no price for him, to a price and even rumours City will go for him this summer. Still think there may well be legs to this one this summer 

Not sure he's worth the money myself. But if the club do, who can argue. 

For the right money Dortmund will buckle but it'll be on their terms. Think it's getting late for it to happen as I'd imagine if he comes in Keita and Ox go out to balance the books a bit

1 hour ago, HBenn said:

The window has followed a predictable pattern. The business we wanted to do was done very early, before pre-season. If there is something left to come, it's because the opportunity presents itself, but it's always like that and journos can only learn of that when it's happening in real time. They're all just speculating right now because nothing is happening. It's no use looking for veiled meanings from what they say.

• Upvote 1

7 hours ago, Lee909 said:

Not sure he's worth the money myself. But if the club do, who can argue. 

For the right money Dortmund will buckle but it'll be on their terms. Think it's getting late for it to happen as I'd imagine if he comes in Keita and Ox go out to balance the books a bit

Yes, it is getting late and we know Jurgen would prefer to have his players in early.. Just keeping an open mind that's all as the big transfers often occur towards the end of the window

55 minutes ago, JagSquared said:

Might have been asked elsewhere but do we get a cut of the sterling deal? 

we’ve got a net spend championship to win.

I think 20% on profit. I noticed conveniently the price they announced today ensured a 2m loss at 47m. Expect the next deal between the 2 clubs to look at completely the wrong value as a week ago this deal was valued at 60m. 

1 hour ago, Barrington Womble said:

I think 20% on profit. I noticed conveniently the price they announced today ensured a 2m loss at 47m. Expect the next deal between the 2 clubs to look at completely the wrong value as a week ago this deal was valued at 60m. 

Be interesting what Ake might go for then. 

Although anything over about £6m is vastly overpriced. 

8 hours ago, JagSquared said:

Might have been asked elsewhere but do we get a cut of the sterling deal? 

we’ve got a net spend championship to win.

Didnt he sign a new contract, which would remove any previous agreements?