You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Wokeism

Bjornebye

24 minutes ago, Rico1304 said:

I think it’s the fact you won’t be able to opt out as the peer pressure or fear of being the only one without their pronouns will be perceived as ‘anti’.  

What will be hilarious, and it’ll happen, is when someone who identifies as one of the more outlandish (by that I mean completely fucking bollocks) genders like ‘fae’ or ‘twin spirit’ wants their pronouns on their badge.  I mean would you want a bank manager or mortgage advisor who thinks they are a cat? 

I demand one with Jedi underneath my name. 

35 minutes ago, Rico1304 said:

I think it’s the fact you won’t be able to opt out as the peer pressure or fear of being the only one without their pronouns will be perceived as ‘anti’.  

What will be hilarious, and it’ll happen, is when someone who identifies as one of the more outlandish (by that I mean completely fucking bollocks) genders like ‘fae’ or ‘twin spirit’ wants their pronouns on their badge.  I mean would you want a bank manager or mortgage advisor who thinks they are a cat? 

Could be good for a laugh!

1 hour ago, Rico1304 said:

My bank manager identifies as a black hole.

Nah I kind of see the point from both sides mate what pissed me off is the daily Mail using it as another divisive headline. “Woke” I hate that term. 

1 hour ago, Rico1304 said:

Which ones are the cat pronouns, I don't think I either learned them?

47 minutes ago, Bjornebye said:

My bank manager identifies as a black hole.

Nah I kind of see the point from both sides mate what pissed me off is the daily Mail using it as another divisive headline. “Woke” I hate that term. 

Reading a little more into it Halifax said it was important to open up the conversation about pronouns. Why? They are a bank.  It’s just pandering to Pride Week for likes. 

21 minutes ago, Rico1304 said:

Reading a little more into it Halifax said it was important to open up the conversation about pronouns. Why? They are a bank.  It’s just pandering to Pride Week for likes. 

I don't really care enough to be arsed about it mate. Neither do you. x 

• Upvote 1

5 minutes ago, Rico1304 said:

Ha ha. One of my mates has a Coutts account.  The chequebook is fucking massive - like twice the size of normal cheques.  

My exes dad banked with them. She used to like reminding me when we got off the train at Charing Cross. Every. Fucking. Time. 

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, Bjornebye said:

My exes dad banked with them. She used to like reminding me when we got off the train at Charing Cross. Every. Fucking. Time. 

Ha, I had to pick up my first wage cheque from them, as they were my employer's bank. Never had a cup of coffee and a biscuit offered to me in the HSBC!

* seen the above emerging cheque debate/ bunfight: the one I had was slightly larger than your usual type, but not by much.

Edited by Jarvinja Ilnow
Enquiring minds (Numero)
  • Upvote 1

17 minutes ago, Jarvinja Ilnow said:

Ha, I had to pick up my first wage cheque from them, as they were my employer's bank. Never had a cup of coffee and a biscuit offered to me in the HSBC!

* seen the above emerging cheque debate/ bunfight: the one I had was slightly larger than your usual type, but not by much.

Of all the rows I’ve had on here that would be the weirdest.  

• Upvote 1