You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Boxing 2022

Elite

4 minutes ago, Dr Nowt said:

Watched on mute on a stream in a bar that’s way too loud, but it looked every inch a scandalous decision.

Imagine spending years putting together a 27-0 record, stepping aside to let a unification bout happen, training your heart out, stepping up in levels and executing as well as that against a world class fighter in his own backyard and still getting robbed. Absolutely spirit-crushing.

Boxing is such an incredible sport but fucking hell, it’s hard not to hold it in contempt sometimes. 

I don't know whether you could hear it but Jamie Moore expressed the exact same sentiments when he was asked about the fight in the post-fight breakdown. Soul destroying.

1 minute ago, Boss said:

I don't know whether you could hear it but Jamie Moore expressed the exact same sentiments when he was asked about the fight in the post-fight breakdown. 

I’ve not heard any of the commentary, boxers’ or trainers interviews mate. He’s dead right though and fair play for him calling it out, for all the good it will do. Just heartbreaking for the lad on a human level.

• Upvote 1

I saw the punch stat after the fight and it is so one-sided in Caterall's favour, it's incomprehensible how the judges could award the fight to Taylor. I'm used to seeing dodgy decisions in the US but did not expect this in the UK between two British fighters. What a scandal.

Because the refs and judges in both sports are meant to be sacrosanct and unquestionable. Therefore, they can get away with whatever they want because they only answer to themselves. 

Robert Smith and Peter Walton defending these terrible decisions every week tell you everything. 

I don't think Ian John Lewis's card is corrupt. Every judge had it identical with the exception of one round. Catterall lost every round after the knockdown. He had 4 rounds left with a fighter he'd just badly hurt, and he didn't win any of them. He has to look at himself there. Win just one of those rounds and he would've been crowned champion.

Taylor looked a shell of his usual self last night, the weight cut obviously fucked him up badly and Ben Davidson is the culprit. Similar to what happened with Fury in Wilder 1, Taylor needs to leave him.

That said, on the night Catterall was the clear winner and was robbed. Boxing is a great sport but at times the corruption makes it almost pointless to invest your time in.