You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Boxing 2022

Elite

3 hours ago, Kevin D said:

Was at a memorial for a friend who passed away in covid, last night, but I have 5 texts from pals and 3 alerts from boxing websites saying fight of the year.

Certainly up there, Kevin. Won't be the same knowing the result like. 

Respects to your friend.

Still buzzing from that fight last night. It was brilliant. Glad Conlan is okay but it's worrying the way he went out, could be a precursor to something way more serious in future fights so he needs to be assessed massively.

56 minutes ago, Elite said:

Still buzzing from that fight last night. It was brilliant. Glad Conlan is okay but it's worrying the way he went out, could be a precursor to something way more serious in future fights so he needs to be assessed massively.

Seemed a strange one , can't see anything but a cuffed shot and then he was just out on his feet.

5 hours ago, sir roger said:

Certainly up there, Kevin. Won't be the same knowing the result like. 

Respects to your friend.

Appreciate it, fella.

Ended up on stage, against my nerves &  better judgement, to speak aboout how much I miss him.

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, Elite said:

Pretty shitty that from Taylor. I'm going off him a bit after the last few months 

I’d say fair play to him.

Catterall won the fight, but the reaction to what happened has been hysteria on a level that I’m not 100% sure I’ve seen in this country before.

When the Speaker of Parliament(who has presided over Johnson’s litany of lies in the commons) said he was referring the matter to the police and the minister of Sport, we went from justifiable outrage to outright farce.

3 minutes ago, Kevin D said:

Catterall won the fight, but the reaction to what happened has been hysteria on a level that I’m not 100% sure I’ve seen in this country before.

When the Speaker of Parliament(who has presided over Johnson’s litany of lies in the commons) said he was referring the matter to the police and the minister of Sport, we went from justifiable outrage to outright farce.

Agree. Look at the state of sport in general too. 

22 minutes ago, Kevin D said:

Miguel Vasquez- Ritson was on Skysports for the whole world to see.

I had Vasquez backed to win on points that night. I'm still fuming over it. At very, very best it was 11-1 in rounds. 

I even e-maiked Paddy Power to see if he'd give me one of those justice payouts they put out sometimes. 

6 minutes ago, Byrnie said:

I had Vasquez backed to win on points that night. I'm still fuming over it. At very, very best it was 11-1 in rounds. 

I even e-maiked Paddy Power to see if he'd give me one of those justice payouts they put out sometimes. 

Clear 11-1 for Vasquez.

If you were Ritson’s mum, dad and his accountant, maybe you could go 10-2 Vasquez.

58 minutes ago, Kevin D said:

It has been farcical like. There's definitely some xenophobia involved with Taylor being a Scot and Catterall being English.