You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Car bomb at the women’s hospital

Red74

10 hours ago, Red74 said:

Mate of mine used to know how to get songs for free on the one in our boozer when we were kids. He’d have this playing on repeat for 2 hours everytime we went in there. It was annoying at first but became a highlight seeing people’s faces thinking, I’m sure I’ve just fucking heard this….

How long did it take you all to come out?

6 hours ago, Rico1304 said:

I don’t think he’s used to people not listening to the words he says, or being with people as fucking stupid as the Tory MP. 

EE4FE73D-7835-4274-98FF-3F3C6CEE8D7E.jpeg

Just observed some of the clips from last night, and if you look at Twitter, it appears a lot people on there are not used to hearing long words either. 

52 minutes ago, Skidfingers McGonical said:

Just observed some of the clips from last night, and if you look at Twitter, it appears a lot people on there are not used to hearing long words either. 

I’m no fanboy, I think his stance on religion is absolutely crazy and goes against virtually everything else he says. But not everything he says is wrong.  You know, like a normal person.  

2 hours ago, Skidfingers McGonical said:

Mississauga? 

That embedded tweet reminds me of a particular poster on here who thinks nothing of lying or slandering but hits the roof when challenged on it. 

3 hours ago, Rico1304 said:

I’m no fanboy, I think his stance on religion is absolutely crazy and goes against virtually everything else he says. But not everything he says is wrong.  You know, like a normal person.  

I ignore the religious stance, he’s got his area of expertise and he’s a fascinating listen at times.

He has most interviewers off because they haven’t got any understanding of what his field is. That Channel 4 interview is a prime example. It’s used by one side to make out he got roasted, when the actual outcome was the opposite.

There’s a good debate with him and Stephen Fry knocking about too. 

• Upvote 1

9 minutes ago, Skidfingers McGonical said:

I ignore the religious stance, he’s got his area of expertise and he’s a fascinating listen at times.

He has most interviewers off because they haven’t got any understanding of what his field is. That Channel 4 interview is a prime example. It’s used by one side to make out he got roasted, when the actual outcome was the opposite.

There’s a good debate with him and Stephen Fry knocking about too. 

The C4 one was a car crash. Might watch the Fry one - ta. 

6 minutes ago, Skidfingers McGonical said:

Not on his part, well I didn’t think anyway.

It was a prime example of an interviewer trying to manipulate an interview to paint the interviewee as something they aren't. And making an absolute arse of it.

There's a video knocking about on YouTube of how many times she says "so what you're saying is ..." and then proceeds to totally misinterpret what he just said. Hatchet job gone wrong.

• Upvote 1

• 1 year later...