You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

8 minutes ago, Funkasy said:

He does wave for offside. Just looked at the replay from the match.

that was for the offside after the handball call when the ball went out to the corner.

Here's the latest - so yeah they fucked it up, the corrupt fucks
"

On a potential offside in the build up to a VAR no penalty at Everton. The restart was not an offside, the Premier League Match Centre has said the VAR thought the footage was inconclusive, but on further review after the final whistle it ‘looks a penalty’ #EVEMCI"
  • Upvote 2

6 minutes ago, Jhinge Machha said:

that was for the offside after the handball call when the ball went out to the corner.

Here's the latest - so yeah they fucked it up, the corrupt fucks
"

On a potential offside in the build up to a VAR no penalty at Everton. The restart was not an offside, the Premier League Match Centre has said the VAR thought the footage was inconclusive, but on further review after the final whistle it ‘looks a penalty’ #EVEMCI"

That is awful stuff.

29 minutes ago, Jennings said:

If you think its an officialdom bias towards City you're off your rocker.

We have a thread mocking Everton for their crackers conspiracy theories yet people believe city have referees in their pockets and are blatantly cheating in front of millions of people.

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

8 minutes ago, Arniepie said:

We have a thread mocking Everton for their crackers conspiracy theories yet people believe city have referees in their pockets and are blatantly cheating in front of millions of people.

What do you think of it ? How do they come to the conclusion after 3 min and multiple angles its not a penalty?

Nah, it's not corruption - as in somebody is getting something in return for favorable calls to City.

But there is no doubt that certain teams have seen more than their fair share of the rub of the green - going back to Fergie time.

This is an incredible mix of cover your buddies ass and sheer incompetence.

• Upvote 3

11 minutes ago, Arniepie said:

Go back and look at the games City have played against Arsenal, Wolves and now today. There is something funny going on. 

They always have Manc officials on their games whereas we (rightly) never have Mike Dean on our games.

8 minutes ago, 3 Stacks said:

In almost any situation, corruption shouts are stupid. In this case, what honest other explanation is there? It's impossible to believe the refs could fuck up such an obvious call. It's incredible.

Taken in isolation, decisions like this can be put down to mistakes. When you also look at the handball they got against Wolves - decisions which have gained them 4 points - you do have to wonder. Especially when the ref on VAR tonight was also the ref who chose not to give the pen for the foul on Jota against Spurs or a red for Kane.

48 minutes ago, Funkasy said:

What do you think of it ? How do they come to the conclusion after 3 min and multiple angles its not a penalty?

Abdication of responsibility and one official not wanting to be seen as undermining another by saying you got that wrong in front of the crowd and tv audience.

I believe there may also an element of officials thinking if they call out an error of the on pitch ref, when the roles are reversed and that ref is on VAR for the same guy in the box calling him out, he may call out his error to 'level up' the strikes against them. Im sure Riley considers the number of 'wrong' decisions a ref makes when allocating them to important games so having few decisions overturned by VAR could be seen as benefiting themselves.

All this bollocks could be resolved by VAR simply telling the on field ref to go view the monitor over these decisions. If the ref needs help with lines on screen and replays, that's all VAR needs to do and not say 'you missed this' or 'you got that wrong.'

In this country, the majority of fans are like Evertonians, they take the moral high ground when it comes to corruption and cheating, they believe it doesn’t/can’t happen in this country but are quite happy to call out corruption in Italy or elsewhere. 
Simply put, where there’s money, there’s corruption, our league has the most money and so, if you believe that, why wouldn’t there be dodgy dealings?
I’ve watched football for a long time now and although I don’t get all decisions right, when I see incidents like tonight’s at Goodison, my first instinct is usually right.

Immediately Rodri put his arm towards the ball and controlled it, and his reaction straight after, convinced me it was handball.

The replays convinced me further.

Why any official couldn’t see that with all the technologies available leaves me personally with one conclusion, whoever was calling it has an agenda to not call things as they are, in other words, they are corrupt.

Perhaps there are some who are similarly corrupt in our favour, maybe not, I don’t know, but nothing would surprise me after tonight.