Quantcast
Super League Poll - FF - Football Forum - The Liverpool Way Jump to content
MegadriveMan

Super League Poll

Super League Poll  

149 members have voted

  1. 1. Are you in favour of the proposed super league?

    • Yes - Its a super idea
      29
    • No - It's a disgrace
      120


Recommended Posts

 

And even if the Super League falls through, and we finish 13th in the League, we'll still get into the new revamped, 177-team ECL.

 

Happy days.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, MegadriveMan said:

Didn't mean to put this in the Members forum, can somebody move it to the football forum please? 

Done.

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Unlike with VAR, I'll wait till it becomes either a success or a humongous failure before labelling it a great or shit idea. Because the important thing is that I personally look correct.

  • Upvote 6

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Not voted.

I don't like it in principle but I'm prepared to wait for more details about it and UEFA's counter plans before jumping to a conclusion. I'd be happy with the status quo if FFP was enforced properly but it won't be. I'm not going to be happy when the Saudis take over Newcastle and other clubs get bought by other countries or crooks leaving sides who live mostly on their fruits of their own efforts scrambling around for the crumbs.  

  • Like 1
  • Upvote 8

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
35 minutes ago, aws said:

Not voted.

I don't like it in principle but I'm prepared to wait for more details about it and UEFA's counter plans before jumping to a conclusion. I'd be happy with the status quo if FFP was enforced properly but it won't be. I'm not going to be happy when the Saudis take over Newcastle and other clubs get bought by other countries or crooks leaving sides who live mostly on their fruits of their own efforts scrambling around for the crumbs.  

Can’t some it up any better than this.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I genuinely feel that if you told me we wouldn't have anything like this version of a Super League in my lifetime, but it meant Liverpool would be relegated at the end of this season, I'd be hugely in favour of it.

 

That's how much I hate this idea.

 

If the Premier League docked us and the other 5 clubs 30 points for even trying this, I'd celebrate. If it all fell apart and then UEFA announced that all 12, including Liverpool, were banned from the CL for the next 3 seasons, I'd celebrate.

  • Upvote 6

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I haven’t voted yet. Generally I’m against it but await more details.
 

In the end, I’ll probably stand with the manager, players and the majority of the fans. Just as Shanks told us we should. He was right way back then and if there is to be any kind of club at the end of this, with even a passing resemblance to LFC, it needs to happen now. 

 

I do find myself wanting to stick two fingers up to the hypocrisy of it all though and give some of these self proclaimed ‘defenders of the beautiful game’ a massive fuck you as we slam the door on our way out. I know I’d regret it though, however much they’re pissing me off, they’re also in the right. 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm against the super league but I'm also against Murdoch, Sky, sportswashing, shit English referees, bantz. 

 

I would like the game to go back an earlier model where any team with good management and structures can have a period of success. Leeds in the 60s/70s, Forest, Derby, Ipswich and so on. But that's never going to happen. 

 

 

  • Upvote 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I hate it. Like Bobby said yesterday, what right have they got to take out champions league/european cup away from us? As fans we deserve much more of a voice and I hope the noise from all 6 sets of fans is loud enough that they pull out of it. I can't believe 12 people have voted in favour already 

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Bjornebye said:

I hate it. Like Bobby said yesterday, what right have they got to take out champions league/european cup away from us? As fans we deserve much more of a voice and I hope the noise from all 6 sets of fans is loud enough that they pull out of it. I can't believe 12 people have voted in favour already 

UEFA have done a good enough job with their ticket allocations

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It's a bit shit.  Just sort out Financial Fair Play to ensure a more level playing field for all involved.

Either way I think football as we know/knew it is fucked until it get's it's house in order.  Happy that we won the league & champions league in the last two years so if I walk away now (as best I can) I have some good memories to take with me. 

  • Upvote 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, rubble-rouser said:

It’s fucking dreadful.

 

the only way it works is by eliminating UEFA.

 

I don’t think we’ll have a proper league to play in next season.

Surely that's the good thing about it. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, Pete said:

It's a bit shit.  Just sort out Financial Fair Play to ensure a more level playing field for all involved.

Either way I think football as we know/knew it is fucked until it get's it's house in order.  Happy that we won the league & champions league in the last two years so if I walk away now (as best I can) I have some good memories to take with me. 

That ship has sailed and when the Saudis get in at Newcastle the usual dipshits will be crying about another Club "cheating" their way into the Top 4 whilst we inevitably lose out.

 

Something had to be done with the PL and Uefa allowing this to happen with open arms/bank accounts.  Plus we now have VAR costing us points (again the PL) which alog with the shit we've served up will see us out of the CL.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Its amazing they are doing this without explaining or justifying why. I would have thought a massive PR campaign would have come first not just an announcement. It means everyone just draws their own conclusions and most people conclude greed. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, rubble-rouser said:

Yeah, because the new powers will be arbiters of justice and morality.

 

 

At least they'll have a say in it unlike now.  These Clubs make the majority of the money for these competitions yet are dictated to by cunts creaming off the top.  Goes for the PL as well with no mark clubs that offer fuck all bar rolling over for the likes of the Mancs yet can gang together and force other Clubs into what they want.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×