You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Man City (H) - Premier League - 7/2/21 - 16:30

Bjornebye

1 minute ago, Jairzinho said:

Do we now have four centre backs that aren't injured? Davies, Phillips, Kabak and Williams? 

I mean obviously, we don't actually think any of them are better than our central midfielders at centre back but, we've got four of them. That's got to count for something right?

That's just it. Williams goes back to the U23s and Davies takes his place as emergency cover.

Phillips has played himself back in.

We're well stocked in midfield.

Hendo and Fab have been brilliant there.

It's all down to how well Kabak settles and performs WHEN given the chance.

2 minutes ago, an tha said:

I can see him being 1st choice versus:

Phillips

Williams

Davies

Unless of course Klopp keeps Henderson in that list.....but i just can't see that.

Agreed on the first point. Disagree on the 2nd.

Jones is back in the frame with Keita to come back too.

5 minutes ago, Em City said:

No overwhelming need for an actual centre half against the best attacking outfit in the league?

Christ, I hope you're right.

Ok, when you put it that way, it sounds stupid, but Foden, Sterling, Mahrez and Bernardo Silva aren't going to got to battle with our centre backs. We don't need a bruiser in there against that attack, we need people who can read the game. And Fabinho and Hendo can read the game. 

2 minutes ago, The Guest said:

Look at that City side.  Player for player we absolutely blow it out of the water.  We will win this and comfortably I think.

Not sure about this, the only midfielder we have that gets into their side is Thiago. Only forward we have that gets into their side is Salah, on this season's form. And obviously you'd take their centre backs over ours, because we don't have any.

I'm surprised City have put together such a run with that side. I actually think we are favourites given the two line-ups.

I know we have had some shocking results lately, but City suit us so much better than the bottom sides.

Having Mane back is a colossal boost

Ironically i don't think we win or lose today based on how our centre halves play, but i do feel it is very likely we win or lose today based on how our midfield plays and the fact that the two midfielders who would for me be most effective against these today are playing as our centre halves is massive and bad for us......not because of what they'll do as centre halves, but because of what they now won't do as midfielders!

“Good morning chaps. I know neither of you have played in the Premier League before, and have had a total of six hours training together, but would you awfully mind playing today against one of the most fearsome attacks that the Premier League has ever seen? You see it would give those excitable chaps on The Liverpool Way Football Forum match thread one less thing to have a meltdown over. Until they decide you shouldn’t have started after all. When they’ll have a meltdown. Thanks.”

• Upvote 1

Henderson's played in midfield loads this season and not been able to put together any sort of form, I don't think he's a big loss there at all. Wasn't long ago everyone on here was moaning about him dinking little floaty crosses into the box over and over again, he wasn't doing that from centre back.

I'd much rather see Fabinho in midfield though, as he'd allow Thiago to push on more.

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, joe_fishfish said:

Henderson's played in midfield loads this season and not been able to put together any sort of form, I don't think he's a big loss there at all. Wasn't long ago everyone on here was moaning about him dinking little floaty crosses into the box over and over again, he wasn't doing that from centre back.

I'd much rather see Fabinho in midfield though, as he'd allow Thiago to push on more.

I think Hendo has overtaken Fabinho as 4th choice 'centre half'. Better for Thiago as well that Fab is in midfield.

3 minutes ago, joe_fishfish said:

Pretty wide of the mark for fir me that. The only thing would agree with is wanting Thiago to push up. 

19 minutes ago, joe_fishfish said:

Not sure about this, the only midfielder we have that gets into their side is Thiago. Only forward we have that gets into their side is Salah, on this season's form. And obviously you'd take their centre backs over ours, because we don't have any.

In all fairness, you're talking out of your backside there lad. 

• Upvote 1

20 minutes ago, joe_fishfish said:

Absolute nonsense.  Gundogan has been decent this season but you think Rodri and Bernardo are better than Gini?  Bernardo is more of a wide forward anyway that’s scored one goal all season.

They also aren’t playing a centre forward.  They’re playing Mahrez who Mane has been better than this season and the stats back it up. There’s also Sterling who has almost identical stats as Mane who I think you’d be mental to pick ahead of Mane.