You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Do you think we should sell Keita?

Kevin D

Well?  

101 members have voted

1. 1. Well?

5 minutes ago, Jairzinho said:

Yep, and Ox. 

Get rid. Sign someone that isn't always injured.

Don't actually rate either player anyway. Keita's decision making and awareness of where he is on the pitch are terrible and the Ox basically pops in a worldly every ten games but does little else.

Yeah me neither. Feels like the bad old days where we carried a lot of players who came with a rep but had the 'odd' decent game but then were shite for months or didn't play at all. With the kind of quality we've got coming through and with the fact we're a proper draw for players, we should sell.

It's not like the boy has had a poor season. Been here two and a half years. I honest dont see this 'good player in there' stuff. He gets knocked off the ball too easily, his stature isnt his fault but his body strength seems weak to me.

It's great looking good when we're playing well. It's a lot better to look good (and perform) when we're not. Ox outscores him so Im still baffled at people saying sell Ox too.

The obvious thing is selling Naby this window wouldnt be wise given our injuries. But, our injured midfield players are coming back and available. In any event, just how long will it be before he's injured again? He's only been able to string 4(!) consecutive games together, hasnt he?

Nah, if we got a good offer or player and exchange and money, Id sell him in this upcoming window. Time to cut the losses before the value tanks.

10 minutes ago, Jairzinho said:

Yep, and Ox. 

Get rid. Sign someone that isn't always injured.

Don't actually rate either player anyway. Keita's decision making and awareness of where he is on the pitch are terrible and the Ox basically pops in a worldly every ten games but does little else.

I think Chamberlain will be kept long term because he can play in attack on occasion. And the home grown thing. Keita, at his current level, has fewer benefits. I hope he'll be gone if he doesn't prove himself this season. 

Would love to be wrong, but regardless of the injuries, Keita has looked too lightweight for the PL whenever he’s played, sure there have been flashes of class, but that’s not what we paid for.

Don’t see us recouping the money we paid out, but if he goes back to Germany as part ex for someone we might want, a centre back maybe, then we should cut our losses.

He’s a PL and CL medal winner, so he’s not had a totally wasted time in England.

He's just not a very good fit, for whatever reason.

Thiago and Jones are brilliant additions to the midfield, and Fabinho will be back there next season.

Would be happy to upgrade him for a younger, more durable, and more suitable model.

• Upvote 1

30 minutes ago, Section_31 said:

Yeah me neither. Feels like the bad old days where we carried a lot of players who came with a rep but had the 'odd' decent game but then were shite for months or didn't play at all. With the kind of quality we've got coming through and with the fact we're a proper draw for players, we should sell.

Yep, just don't need to put up with it now. Get shut, and sign someone good. 

2 hours ago, Lee909 said:

Don't agree

You cannot rely on him to be fit, He has played around 50% of the games since he has been here, if he could stay fit then yes its a no brainer. But he is paid a fortune for a player we just can't rely on. Again like others of the right offer is there and we can get a good replacement then i would sell. The age of the squad needs revamped in the next few years and at 30 at the start of next season,on big wages he is a prime candidate to move on now

Lost, I believe, 1 game in major comps in 3 seasons that he has played in (Atalanta H). Best 3rd choice CB in the league by a wide margin. Another 3 full seasons at least at his age at the very top level. Not the kind of quality you gamble on finding a replacement for.

Midfield options over next couple of years are gonna be a real area that needs looking at.

Keita and Oxlade just can't stay fit.

Wijnaldum - might be off.

Henderson is 31 end of this season and Thiago will be 30.

Milner is surely in his last year - he's 35 soon.

Keita who is only 25 would on paper be ideal and coming into his prime to help with that ageing group, but unless his ability to stay fit changes then there is surely no future for him with us.

For whatever reason, he just hasn't fit. 

He's not bad, definitely not, but maybe the injuries have ruined his chances of settling properly. 

The signing reminds me a little of Veron when utd signed him. He was one of the most sought after midfielders on the planet, but like keita, it just didn't work out. 

I don't dislike the lad at all, but I think it's best for both parties if a deal could be done for some decent centre half. 

I think if he goes to another European club and stays fit then we'll see the player we thought we signed again. 

And best of luck to him

Henderson is quite the player now. He certainly hasn't always been. Early days I'm sure there was even talk of him leaving on loan or sold. Now he's top boy.

Keita is not necessarily destined for the same levels but if we sell all players after a couple of years because they don't deliver, we wouldn't be where we are now.

Henderson was in the team straight away and played consistently - he might not have been a world beater but never carried the expectations Keita did.

Rodgers didn't have a clue in the transfer market and even after that shambles re: Dempsey he was pretty useful his second season.

By his third season he was integral.

2 minutes ago, TheHowieLama said:

Henderson was in the team straight away and played consistently - he might not have been a world beater but never carried the expectations Keita did.

Rodgers didn't have a clue in the transfer market and even after that shambles re: Dempsey he was pretty useful his second season.

By his third season he was integral.

Rodgers told Henderson he was free to leave Liverpool if he chose to. Hardly the mark of a player hitting the heights. He did struggle the early seasons, especially when Gerrard played. There are some great players ahead of Keita but that won't always be the case, especially if Gini and/or Millie leave. He has good performances in him, personally I'd rather see them fulfilled here than somewhere else.