You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Things You Found Out Today That Surprised You?

Bruce Spanner

1 hour ago, easytoslip said:

I like the way it kept dipping it in the water and then swilled it down. 

Herons are boss, there used to be a Heronry in Ince Blundell  by the Roundhouse. Its surprising what they will eat, like Woodpeckers eating Blue Tits etc, remember that Pelican swallowing the Pigeon in Hyde Park, you wouldn't of thought 

It must be grim being a mammal that's on every cunts menu. 

In the Isle of Man you quite often see herons on the beach in the early hours of the morning. I used to work nights, and as I was walking home along the promenade at around 5am, one swooped right past me. Fucking big grey bastard, it was like a pterodactyl. I nearly shit meself. 

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, General Dryness said:

In the Isle of Man you quite often see herons on the beach in the early hours of the morning. I used to work nights, and as I was walking home along the promenade at around 5am, one swooped right past me. Fucking big grey bastard, it was like a pterodactyl. I nearly shit meself. 

Haha they're not that big, though they have a big wing span which I suppose will make it look that way. 

You want to be walking across a field in thick fog, as me and the mates where doing years ago around Formby Hall, thousands of Geese were coming into land on us, shit ourselves there, the noise was unbelievable, we just legged it. 

An experience that. 

2 minutes ago, cloggypop said:

Mad when you see them just sitting around in the middle of Amsterdam. The city caters for all sorts of weirdos. 

%C2%A9sam_hobson_urban_heron_09.jpg?form

%C2%A9sam_hobson_urban_heron_17.jpg?form

That is mad that, never seen one in a town, I know they'll come down in a garden with a pond in built up areas. 

What are they after at night? 

1 minute ago, sir roger said:

My dad and a few of his mates were invited by another workmate to brag about his new koi carp fishpond in the garden , and as they were about ten yards away a heron swept down and wolfed the fucking lot of them and then soared off. The guy was gutted, they thought it hilarious.

Koi carp are expensive I think so he probably was but what can you do? 

17 hours ago, easytoslip said:

I like the way it kept dipping it in the water and then swilled it down. 

Herons are boss, there used to be a Heronry in Ince Blundell  by the Roundhouse. Its surprising what they will eat, like Woodpeckers eating Blue Tits etc, remember that Pelican swallowing the Pigeon in Hyde Park, you wouldn't of thought 

It must be grim being a mammal that's on every cunts menu. 

Too right. It's weird because with big fish, they tend to spear them to death before attempting to swallow them whole. But mammals, they dunk a few times to make them slide down easier then down they go.

I stumbled across another YT vid of a raven or crow that had caught a young rabbit. It held it down for a minute or two then eviscerated while still live and kicking!

26 minutes ago, dockers_strike said:

Too right. It's weird because with big fish, they tend to spear them to death before attempting to swallow them whole. But mammals, they dunk a few times to make them slide down easier then down they go.

I stumbled across another YT vid of a raven or crow that had caught a young rabbit. It held it down for a minute or two then eviscerated while still live and kicking!

It's a cruel world, there was one with a Water Buffalo stick in the mud and some Lion I think it was getting into its head and as it was groaning and trying to struggle some Hyena trots by and starts eating it arse first, grim. 

You could hear the people filming it shout oh my gard oh my gard. 

As it said in Journey to the Centre of the world, eaten alive horrible horrible. 

43 minutes ago, easytoslip said:

It's a cruel world, there was one with a Water Buffalo stick in the mud and some Lion I think it was getting into its head and as it was groaning and trying to struggle some Hyena trots by and starts eating it arse first, grim. 

As it said in Journey to the Centre of the world, eaten alive horrible horrible. 

Saw a video of two lions eating a wildebeest. It had fallen onto its back with its legs apart and one of the lions bit its knackers clean off.

Insult to fucking injury, that.

2 hours ago, easytoslip said:

Think I saw that. Is it the one where the water buffalo had injured one of it's front legs so couldnt walk never mind run?

This is the crow and the rabbit. Dont watch if anyone's of a nervous disposition!

1 hour ago, General Dryness said:

Saw a video of two lions eating a wildebeest. It had fallen onto its back with its legs apart and one of the lions bit its knackers clean off.

Insult to fucking injury, that.

Yeah, you're dangly bits are asking for it, there was another one with a Leopard had a Boars head and Hyena had its arse in a tug of war, the unfortunate creature was squealing. 

Hyenas do get a bad press though, the opportunist cunts. 

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, easytoslip said:

Yeah, you're dangly bits are asking for it, there was another one with a Leopard had a Boars head and Hyena had its arse in a tug of war, the unfortunate creature was squealing. 

Hyenas do get a bad press though, the opportunist cunts. 

I think Hyenas are the nut jobs of the animal world. Saw a vid of one stroll up to a group of lions having a doze and this crazy cunt decides to have a go at what was probably one of the younger males or females.

Next thing a big male lion decides to teach the hyena a lesson. Really mauls it then strolls off leaving it to peg out slowly.

I mean, who the fuck decides to mess with a lion never mind a group of them? Crazy fuckers.

• Upvote 1

Ghastly, that Crow was inhumane. It must of swooped on it as it was just grazing and generally thinking about life, and the other Crow just going about its business. 

Just shows you that anything will eat anything. My mate had a pet Carrion Crow, one had a Magpie and I had a Jackdaw his name was Jack strangely enough, it was boss until it fucked off. 

• Upvote 2

22 minutes ago, dockers_strike said:

I think Hyenas are the nut jobs of the animal world. Saw a vid of one stroll up to a group of lions having a doze and this crazy cunt decides to have a go at what was probably one of the younger males or females.

Next thing a big male lion decides to teach the hyena a lesson. Really mauls it then strolls off leaving it to peg out slowly.

I mean, who the fuck decides to mess with a lion never mind a group of them? Crazy fuckers.

What about  them Honey Badgers? They don't give a fuck the bad tempered individuals. 

• Upvote 1