You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Keir Starmer

rb14

10 minutes ago, Bjornebye said:

FF on the GF but Rafa was 1/6 on to be Celtic manager before Postecoglu got the job. Hope this goes some way to proving that right now those odds are no guarantee of anything. 

I remember that time.  I was in on Martin O'Neil. 

Shoot me now. 

56 minutes ago, Bruce Spanner said:

Was listening to The News Agents earlier and they were going through the numbers on polling, and it’s not as simple as is being made out, hence the safety first stance.

When you do polling you exclude the ‘don’t knows’, this is true of all the main polling companies.

So, in the polls we see where Labour are on 40+ % and the Tories on 20% for example there’s a further 17% of people polled who are not part of these numbers. Only the 100% of people who said they had a firm choice are part of the overall polls, leaving nearly a fifth of people who previously voted not part of the figures.

The deep dive on them is that the majority are conservative votes, based on their 2019 voting.

Thats why people are banging the no complacency drum as once you factor in Reform cutting a deal to stand down, like previous, and these other voters who are ‘undecided’ you actually have a much closer race potentially, as unbelievable as that honestly is.

Yep, it's a soft lead as it is- we've seen these Labour leads vanish before when it comes to actual elections, never mind with nearly a fifth undecided. I don't like what Starmer's doing and think it's self-defeating, but I can see why. Yet again, it's hold your nose and vote Labour it seems, then just hope to fuck they don't squander a government or two and let these thieves back in.

50 minutes ago, Bjornebye said:

FF on the GF but Rafa was 1/6 on to be Celtic manager before Postecoglu got the job. Hope this goes some way to proving that right now those odds are no guarantee of anything. 

Gnasher's quoting bookies' odds in a political discussion. Jesus.

7 hours ago, Mudface said:

Yep, it's a soft lead as it is- we've seen these Labour leads vanish before when it comes to actual elections, never mind with nearly a fifth undecided. I don't like what Starmer's doing and think it's self-defeating, but I can see why. Yet again, it's hold your nose and vote Labour it seems, then just hope to fuck they don't squander a government or two and let these thieves back in.

A soft lead? Where have we seen a 25 point lead vanish in election year? 

7 hours ago, Mudface said:

Gnasher's quoting bookies' odds in a political discussion. Jesus.

Well odds compilers give a fairly accurate guide of the outcome of any given competition. Getting the odds right is their job, otherwise they'll get taken to the cleaners. But for your peace of mind i've also read the tea leafs,

https://www.allure.com/story/how-to-read-tea-leaves-tasseography

And..the results were....drum roll.. a resounding Labour win.

They leaves also said Mugface win gold medal in the pompous twat Olympics. So i've put a tenner on the double. 

That "We Deserve Better" thing sounds like a reasonable idea to me, but it's being done in a way that stinks of grift.  The website appears to just be a donation page, with no real idea of where the money goes or what the criteria for disbursing the funds are.  If it's legit, it's cack-handed.

3 hours ago, Gnasher said:

Well odds compilers give a fairly accurate guide of the outcome of any given competition. Getting the odds right is their job, otherwise they'll get taken to the cleaners. But for your peace of mind i've also read the tea leafs,

https://www.allure.com/story/how-to-read-tea-leaves-tasseography

And..the results were....drum roll.. a resounding Labour win.

They leaves also said Mugface win gold medal in the pompous twat Olympics. So i've put a tenner on the double. 

Im not believing anything until the octopus tells us who wins 

3 minutes ago, Bjornebye said:

Im not believing anything until the octopus tells us who wins 

He was fucking spot on in that world cup that Octopus. He wouldn't be allowed now, see what happened to Greta Thunberg. 

1 hour ago, Jairzinho said:

Insinuating that an Israel lobbyist paying you 70 grand a week before a vote on a cease fire would influence your vote seems a bit of stretch. 

Top, top democracy. 

Even more bizarre is the idea that the Israeli's would pay Lammy any money to abstain on a ceasefire vote when, A, how Lammy votes isn't going to make the slightest bit of difference to how they operate, B, Lammy would be bound by the party whip as a shadow minister, C, they could have got him to vote against the motion for half of that.

The shit that people believe when it suits what they want to believe is fucking outstanding levels of delusion.

• Upvote 3

Also, how the fuck have I got that cunt @Gnasher on my timeline again? He's still on my ignore list, but every other thread I open now I'm having to scroll through the obligatory 10 posts a page full of his copy and paste comments from the likes of Tribune and all the twats on Left Twitter that he passes off as considered content and his own views.

image.png