You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Keir Starmer

rb14

8 minutes ago, Section_31 said:

I agree, but what I'm saying is that it was the same under Corbyn, if not worse.

At the 2019 conference most of the MPs were sat on the naughty step while we had to sit through speeches by delegates about Kashmir.

Yeah i understand. The Labour movement has always had 'a certain element' shall we say.

Spocky the shill from la la land. Scathing indeed. Not sure I’m going to recover from that burn.

I know who Micheal Crick is. After all we studied the same subject, though I suspect I got a better passing grade. Big brained, you see. 

All this bluster about reselection. Mandatory reselection is a left-wing staple policy. It was the desire of Corbyn and others to bring it back so that everyone, including Zarah, would face it. They failed in that, so agreed to change the trigger process to make it easier to trigger a vote rather than just 100% face the vote. This is what they wanted to happen. I think some just don’t understand how the process works. That leads to people coming up with conspiracies that Starmer is sat there with a voodoo doll of left wingers, plotting their demise, rather than Corbyn’s Team changing it making it easier for those busy bodies in CLPs to trigger it. 

7 minutes ago, Numero Veinticinco said:

Spocky the shill from la la land. Scathing indeed. Not sure I’m going to recover from that burn.

I know who Micheal Crick is. After all we studied the same subject, though I suspect I got a better passing grade. Big brained, you see. 

Good, so he's not "some random fella from twitter" as you quipped earlier. 

7 minutes ago, Numero Veinticinco said:

All this bluster about reselection. Mandatory reselection is a left-wing staple policy. It was the desire of Corbyn and others to bring it back so that everyone, including Zarah, would face it. They failed in that, so agreed to change the trigger process to make it easier to trigger a vote rather than just 100% face the vote. This is what they wanted to happen. I think some just don’t understand how the process works. That leads to people coming up with conspiracies that Starmer is seat there with a voodoo doll of left wingers, plotting their demise, rather than Corbyn’s Team changing it making it easier for those busy bodies in CLPs to trigger it. 

Is Crick now on your unofficial 'not allowed to memtion list along with Owen Jones, Ash Sakar and some other women you got all upset over who no-one had ever linked anyway?

4 minutes ago, Gnasher said:

Good, so he's not "some random fella from twitter" as you snipped earlier. 

Is Crick now on the unofficial 'not allowed to memtion' list along with Owen Jones, Ash Sakar and some other women you got all upset over who no-one had ever linked anyway?

There’s no list. You can post anyone you like. You just can’t stop people from responding in the way they see fit. If you post something, and others think it’s dogshit and the author is dogshit, they’re allowed to say it. This doesn’t constitute a ‘not allowed to mention’ list, that’s a pure fabrication on your part. It’s just the right of response on an open forum. 

I was talking about your general penchant for spamming Twitter weirdos. Not Crick. Does Crick have any evidence of this Labour HQ conspiracy? 

BTW, you responded to information about how the trigger process actually works with some nonsense about invented lists and not an acknowledgment… curious, isn’t it. 

6 minutes ago, Numero Veinticinco said:

There’s no list. You can post anyone you like. You just can’t stop people from responding in the way they see fit. If you post something, and others think it’s dogshit and the author is dogshit, they’re allowed to say it. This doesn’t constitute a ‘not allowed to mention’ list, that’s a pure fabrication on your part. It’s just the right of response on an open forum. 

I was talking about your general penchant for spamming Twitter weirdos. Not Crick. Does Crick have any evidence of this Labour HQ conspiracy? 

BTW, you responded to information about how the trigger process actually works with some nonsense about invented lists and not an acknowledgment… curious, isn’t it. 

Nah you were responding to and talking about Crick till I pulled you up. Nevermind.

You believe anyone with left wing veiws to be weirdos though don't you, so it's going to be a large pool. The old adage 'it takes one to know one' is certainly true here 

Weirdos to people like you are people such as climate change activists, people who crack innocuous jokes at the expense of the Royal family etc. Throw em in the woodchipper. Hmm.

1 minute ago, Gnasher said:

Nah you were responding to and talking about Crick till I pulled you up. Nevermind.

You believe anyone with left wing veiws to be weirdos though don't you, so it's going to be a large pool. The old adage 'it takes one to know one' is certainly true here 

Weirdos to people like you are people such as climate change activists, people who crack innocuous jokes at the expense of the Royal family etc. Throw em in the woodchipper. Hmm.

So nothing on the actual subject, just Boris-style bluster? Fair enough. Laid bare again. 

Back on the subject of what Michael Cricks describes the "corrupt" Labours selection, re-selection policy. 

I don't know if that's true but I do know the actions from Labour HQ looks fucking awful. Right up and down the country. 

Here's Emma Dent Coad. Won the traditional tory seat of Kensington for Labour in 2017 lost it 2019. Has been a Labour member for decades and is probably 'centre left'. 

She's worked tirelessly for the victims of Grenfell and pushed and pushed for emergency workers to get tested for potential medical issues through breathing hazardous smoke caused by the fire. 

All subsequent reports have proven her correct on every issue. In this time she's also battered cancer herself. 

Sorry for tweets but best to hear direct from her.

You'd think all the hard work she's done for those affected by the tragedy, the firefighters, teachers, social workers, housing staff etc she defended in that community  would ensure her she gets a fair shot at being selected to stand again as that communitys MP at the next election. She's wrote a book on the area and I'd be surprised if many know the constituency, it's people and its problems better. 

Now here come Labour. This is happening up and down the country,  though thankfully not in Wales to my knowledge.

Thats not only a kick in the teeth for her its a kick in the teeth for all those residents she's given a voice. I think its probable Cricks bang on the money.

Corbyn didn't fail to bring in mandatory selection, he ( along with ' Red Len ' ) actually watered down Conference's push for this in 2018. 

Changes to make deselection of Labour MPs easier, by lowering the number of branches that have to vote to trigger a contest from 50% to 33%, were passed by a large majority at Labour's 2018 Party Conference.[12] However, the proposal made by a number of CLPs for open selections was not permitted to go to a vote, leading to criticism from Momentum who described the changes as "meager" with "key proposals being watered down".[13]

No Labour MPs were deselected during the leadership of Ed Miliband or the leadership of Jeremy Corbyn.

17 minutes ago, sir roger said:

Corbyn didn't fail to bring in mandatory selection, he ( along with ' Red Len ' ) actually watered down Conference's push for this in 2018. 

Changes to make deselection of Labour MPs easier, by lowering the number of branches that have to vote to trigger a contest from 50% to 33%, were passed by a large majority at Labour's 2018 Party Conference.[12] However, the proposal made by a number of CLPs for open selections was not permitted to go to a vote, leading to criticism from Momentum who described the changes as "meager" with "key proposals being watered down".[13]

No Labour MPs were deselected during the leadership of Ed Miliband or the leadership of Jeremy Corbyn.

No, 'Corbyn and others' failed in bringing about mandatory reselection in the 2018 democracy review and had to settle for 'meagre' alternative to what they wanted. Mandatory reselection is Bennite bread and butter. The fact they had to settle for what they saw as an improvement - a step towards - rather than the whole hog is evidence they failed to get it in their full policy. 

14 minutes ago, Section_31 said:

Kwarteng? 

That idiot Shaun something or other who tried to run for Major I believe. 

I'm suprised it's taken Numeros so long to trawl and and come up with some sort of shitty slur. Luke Akehusts phone must've been engaged.

Meet Shaun Bailey. Numeros new mate.

https://www.theguardian.com/politics/2018/oct/03/tories-london-mayor-pick-shaun-bailey-multiculturalism-robs-britain-of-its-community

https://www.theguardian.com/politics/2021/dec/14/shaun-bailey-quits-london-assembly-role-after-lockdown-party-reports

Of course the real bad people are Emma Coad, Jeremy Corbyn and some left wing woman blogger who no-one bar him has heard of from the Internet.

2 minutes ago, Numero Veinticinco said:

Right, so because I simply acknowledged that she called a black guy a token ghetto boy, that guy is now my new friend and I’m a Tory. 

Seems like a fair and sensible analysis. It’s almost as if you’re trying to use Boris-style bluster to deflect. 

She an anti semite as well? That's the way it now works doesn't it?

Anyway here is the lady in question talking quietly and  eloquently about Grenfell, the issues surrounding cladding and the constituents she has been denied the chance to represent. 

Ignore the nasty slurs, they are used as a deflection. Judge her for yourself. 

Michael Crick is right. The fact she's been denied the chance to stand as their MP is disgusting. 

“London’s government has changed a lot over the past century whether it be the LCC, GLC or beyond 2000 into the current system with the mayor and GLA. There’s been some good candidates and many awful ones across different parties. Bailey is possibly the worst. Whether it’s ignorance or not, he doesn’t even get the basics. Pretty much every statement is misleading and pretends others are at fault for what his own party in Westminster have decided, whether it be police and transport funding cuts or measures last year when the pandemic struck. Khan has hardly covered himself in glory over many issues, yet somehow Bailey has managed to avoid often legitimate grievance and gone after the problems his own colleagues created – and then been a lapdog to them. “

https://www.fromthemurkydepths.co.uk/2021/04/19/shaun-bailey-releases-manifesto-for-london-mayor-lets-take-a-took/

In this blog the writer makes a great point about investing in infrastructure, growing a city and seeing revenue increase. 

We’ll all be talking about a Merseyrail stop at the Baltic for another 10 years at least. 

30 minutes ago, Gnasher said:

She an anti semite as well? That's the way it now works doesn't it?

Sure, why not. Bluster away. Deflect away. If that's the way you want the conversation to go because I happen to quote something she actually said and that the party understandably might not want to be associated with, rather than ignore the reality and pretend she's perfect and she's been overlooked for no reason, then just crack on. Me and my best mate that I've never heard of will just have to get on with it, I guess. 

3 minutes ago, Numero Veinticinco said:

Sure, why not. Bluster away. Deflect away. If that's the way you want the conversation to go because I happen to quote something she actually said and that the party understandably might not want to be associated with, rather than ignore the reality and pretend she's perfect and she's been overlooked for no reason, then just crack on. Me and my best mate that I've never heard of will just have to get on with it, I guess. 

Err rightio.