You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Keir Starmer

rb14

6 hours ago, Rushies tash said:

We all want that, but the argument is that the country will not suddenly lurch to the left no matter how much people will benefit from these policies. As with the Labour win in 97, they need to be seen as a safe pair of hands to get the vote from wavering Tory supporters, as well as being endorsed by right wing media owners.

I don't think we don't all want that.

There are millions of people in this country who are happy to accept the massive disparities between rich and poor in this country, because it doesn't affect them

"Why should they get an 8%pay rise?I haven't had one'

Thats where the problem lies 

Just now, Arniepie said:

There are millions of people in this country who are happy to accept the massive disparities between rich and poor in this country, because it doesn't affect them

Get into power and just change stuff without mentioning it. Good times. 

1 hour ago, Arniepie said:

I meant the people in this thread. But agree with you about the attitude of many in this country with regards to the lot of others.

Tony Benn being quoted by the lovely Grace Blakeley on breakfast tv whilst some tory twit looks on just feels so right for the times...here she is paying homage to Nye and the seagulls of Cardiff city centre.

Benn was of course right, Blakeley same, same as with Mick Lynch, as Sharon Graham, as Fergul Sharkey, as the right wing daily daily mails political columnists Dan Hodges and Peter Hitchens, as is Jeremy Corbyn and John McDonall, as is Nicola Sturgeon, Gordon Brown and John Prescott amongst many many others..

The cost of living, renationalisation, workers pay issues are imo soon to be similar to the debate surrounding the Iraq war. Winter will undoubtedly be bleak. It'll be pick your side. 

Sorry but imo at the moment the Labour leadership and all those making excuses for it need a wakeup call. 

26 minutes ago, Gnasher said:

Typical observation from a Labour (torylight) centrist who has no understanding why people have to go on strike and why they need support. 

Because you've got a Brexit government, voted for by Brexiteers and consumed by Brexit?

1 minute ago, skend04 said:

Because you've got a Brexit government, voted for by Brexiteers and consumed by Brexit?

I'm not sure the whole world resolves around brexit tbh, yours seems to but we have a shit tory government, a lacklustre opposition, a war in eastern europe, sanctions, worldwide inflation and workers rights to also contend with.

Nice of you to offer up government a capitalists get out of jail excuse though.

• Downvote 1

4 minutes ago, Numero Veinticinco said:

I wonder if we could have an alternative thread, where it's not loads of spam from Twitter, or would Gnasher just spam that too? 

Spam = any stuff remotley critical of our much loved politicians.

You have an ignore button at you're disposal it saves you from waving mythical 1000 pounds in cash under the noses of people who read this forum and have to rely on food banks. 

Just now, Gnasher said:

Nah, just endless links of unreadable or off topic stuff. You can post twitter links to how awful he is, I don't care, I'd just like somewhere to actually talk about politics instead of this constant stream of shit. 

7 minutes ago, Gnasher said:

You have an ignore button at you're disposal it saves you from waving mythical 1000 pounds in cash under the noses of people who read this forum and have to rely on food banks. 

I gave significant amounts to food banks this month. What have you done? Did you post them a Twitter link? 

As for the ignore button, I've tried that, half the thread goes missing and the other half is your spam in quotes. I'm just asking if I start an alt-thread, for us utter scab cunts coward shrill bonzos who want to talk about things without loads of shit off twitter, if you'd just spam that too? If you will, fine, I just won't bother. 

1 minute ago, Numero Veinticinco said:

Nah, just endless links of unreadable or off topic stuff. You can post twitter links to how awful he is, I don't care, I'd just like somewhere to actually talk about politics instead of this constant stream of shit. 

Agreed.

Grace Blakeley talking about the cost of living crisis this morning on national TV would indeed be very "off topic" to someone like you. 

However others may or may not, want to listen to what she has to say.

3 minutes ago, Gnasher said:

Agreed.

Grace Blakeley talking about the cost of living crisis this morning on national TV would indeed be very "off topic" to someone like you. 

However others may or may not, want to listen to what she has to say.

Her posting a 'me, Bevan, and a seagull' selfie. It's top notch, 'on topic' Starmer stuff. You post that stuff until your fingers bleed. I'm not asking you to stop, I'm asking - and it's become obvious you won't actually answer this question either - if you'll keep it in here or if you'll just copy the same stuff to a different thread?

7 minutes ago, Numero Veinticinco said:

Her posting a 'me, Bevan, and a seagull' selfie. It's top notch, 'on topic' Starmer stuff. You post that stuff until your fingers bleed. I'm not asking you to stop, I'm asking - and it's become obvious you won't actually answer this question either - if you'll keep it in here or if you'll just copy the same stuff to a different thread?

As the other link (which you've conveniently ignored) was about the current cost of living crisis and Labour's stance on it i will keep it right where it is unless a mod tells me otherwise thanks.

It might not be relevant to you and your band of cronnies but others might not be so concerned. Geddit?

Here you go, have another blast. 

19 minutes ago, Numero Veinticinco said:

Nah, just endless links of unreadable or off topic stuff. You can post twitter links to how awful he is, I don't care,

Oh you do care, you're a shill.

You certainly care enough to go to the trouble of commenting on it. Don't you?

I'd just like somewhere to actually talk about politics instead of this constant stream of shit. 

Well use the ignore button, you won't see it then will you?