You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Coronavirus

Bjornebye

10 minutes ago, TheHowieLama said:

In terms of deaths or cases? Using my trusty Google covid map thingie I see Lombardy region has had 80k new cases in the last two weeks - their entire total is about 225k so it is more prevalent there now than ever.

NYC shows just under 10k for the last two weeks.

Stockholm shows just under 35k total cases - 6300 of them in the last two weeks with half of those just in the last 4 days.

8 minutes ago, Mudface said:

I think Lombardy's been hit pretty hard again- over 8500 cases yesterday (about 1/3 of the total cases in Italy as a whole), and well over 80K since the middle of October.

New York has a death rate over 2.5 times the UK, and despite still being partially locked down, is running over 2000 cases a day, about double the rate at the end of September.

Dunno about Stockholm.

Was fat fingering that in edit mode soz

• Upvote 1

12 minutes ago, TheHowieLama said:

In terms of deaths or cases? Using my trusty Google covid map thingie I see Lombardy region has had 80k new cases in the last two weeks - their entire total is about 225k so it is more prevalent there now than ever.

10 minutes ago, Mudface said:

I think Lombardy's been hit pretty hard again- over 8500 cases yesterday (about 1/3 of the total cases in Italy as a whole), and well over 80K since the middle of October.

New York has a death rate over 2.5 times the UK, and despite still being partially locked down, is running over 2000 cases a day, about double the rate at the end of September.

Dunno about Stockholm.

Yes, Lombardy seems to have the same share of cases as during the first wave, although some areas that were largely spared the first time around are registering more now, like Sicily. Lombardy was something like 8K out of 29k total today. New York seems to be doing better than the rest of the US. London apparently has a lower growth in cases than elsewhere, if I am not mistaken.

Denmark has been experiencing higher per capita deaths than Sweden over the past week or so, will be interesting to see how Sweden will cope with the second wave, if they can keep the deaths in single digits.

4 minutes ago, SasaS said:

Denmark has been experiencing higher per capita deaths than Sweden over the past week or so, will be interesting to see how Sweden will cope with the delayed first wave, if they can keep the deaths in single digits.

I've amended that mate. 

5 minutes ago, SasaS said:

Yes, Lombardy seems to have the same share of cases as during the first wave, although some areas that were largely spared the first time around are registering more now, like Sicily. Lombardy was something like 8K out of 29k total today. New York seems to be doing better than the rest of the US. London apparently has a lower growth in cases than elsewhere, if I am not mistaken.

Denmark has been experiencing higher per capita deaths than Sweden over the past week or so, will be interesting to see how Sweden will cope with the second wave, if they can keep the deaths in single digits.

This is London-

image.png

and the North west for comparison, over a month longer time frame, as it restarted earlier there-

image.png

image.png

1 hour ago, Colonel Bumcunt said:

Are you in favour of herd immunity over a 4-6 week lockdown and mass testing? 

What does mass testing achieve, especially when that testing is very flawed? 

I'm far from convinced about the efficacy off half arsed lockdowns. If you have a draconian lockdown then it obviously limits the ability of the virus to spread, but at what cost? 50,000 undiagnosed individuals with cancer is now estimated, add to that the excess deaths at home, the increase in mental health issues. A lockdown is so far from being a panacea.

My issue is, what is our strategy? Kick the can down the road (at incredible cost) while we wait for a silver bullet vaccine, which is not likely to ever arrive. It's madness.

2 minutes ago, SasaS said:

I am too stupid to read this, could you please interpret, it's the same or what?

The north west one got pasted twice for some reason... It's cases in London since the start of September and cases in the north west since the start of August.

Unfortunately, you can't overlay or do cases per capita, but the charts are available here- https://coronavstats.co.uk/england/localData - if you want to see other areas/ timescales etc.

5 minutes ago, Spy Bee said:

What does mass testing achieve, especially when that testing is very flawed. 

I'm far from convinced about the efficacy off half arsed lockdowns. If you have a draconian lockdown then it obviously limits the ability of the virus to spread, but at what cost? 50,000 undiagnosed individuals with cancer is now estimated, add to that the excess deaths at home, the increase in mental health issues. A lockdown is so far from being a panacea.

My issue is, what is our strategy? Kick the can down the road (at incredible cost) while we wait for a silver bullet vaccine, which is not likely to ever arrive. It's madness.

Strategy throughout Europe seems to be controlled suppression, until it threatens to overflow, then panic and blunt instruments.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, SasaS said:

It will certainly be interesting to see what happens with the second wave in Lombardy, Stockholm, New York, London and similar area where a level of above average communal immunity has supposedly been reached.

Here's London:

Graph in New York is basically the same shape too.

https://www.nytimes.com/interactive/2020/us/new-york-coronavirus-cases.html

Magna Carta trending at 1 on twitter now. People in Britain believe this shit. We're fucked, as a nation we're fucking finished. I watched that BBC2 documentary last night about how South Asia controlled the virus by mass track and trace, safe distance, mass testing and everyone producing and wearing PPE. The South Koreans just seem more organized, insightful and intelligent in using common sense than us. 

We got morons putting a page of the Magna carta on their pub doors and serving pints.

Alex and Hancock being sued for the T&T debacle and appointing ‘failing upwards’ Dido Harding without a proper tender process. 

https://m.huffingtonpost.co.uk/entry/government-sued-dido-harding-test-and-trace_uk_5f9ff885c5b65662bcc91ecd

Looks like they’ll be in the courts for years with the backlog of cases that’ll be pending once the clouds pass. 

On 23/09/2020 at 12:53, Spy Bee said:

Take away everybody's rights indefinitely, or take away some people's rights temporarily. Hmmm, now let me think.

Despite the Zoe App getting excited, triage numbers continue to fall

On 25/09/2020 at 16:27, Spy Bee said:

Small percentage increase today

image.png

Next week we will see whether we should trust joinzoe or NHS Triage, because one of them is miles out.

On 30/09/2020 at 10:56, Spy Bee said:

Triage figures still looking good

I presume the spike yesterday had a lot of older test results. We won't know that until we can look back at specimen date in a week or so.

On 02/10/2020 at 10:45, Spy Bee said:

Triage still trending down

1 hour ago, Spy Bee said:

Hopefully this and the much maligned JoinZoe App ;) show that the tiered approach was working (or we're closer to a level of saturation than you all think) and that we'll see things continue to plateau/drop off.

I’m sure these triage figures will work out. Any day now. 

Couple i know who teach in China are getting on my tits this year.

Every time we go into some sort of new lockeown measure she posts something about them having fun in Shanghai, on the piss or at Disney world or something and often replies to comments with "thinking of you all" or some such.

Tell you who I'm thinking off, all those

Uighurs in Chinese concentration camps, or the Hong Kong activists with police truncheons up their arse, I bet they won't be going to shanghai Disney world any time soon.

• Upvote 5

Just been a piece on the news about how little Cornwall has been affected by covid infections. Despite this and the fact i'm going to lose about £5k, will get no government help and cant go to the pub, I actually agree we should be locked down. Lives matter.

• Upvote 1