You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Coronavirus

Bjornebye

13 minutes ago, TK421 said:

https://news.sky.com/story/coronavirus-woman-named-and-shamed-by-neighbours-on-facebook-for-not-joining-clap-for-carers-11978192

Coronavirus: Woman 'named and shamed' by neighbours on Facebook for not joining clap for carers

Also interesting is that she feels the need to provide an excuse for not clapping.

That is all pretty totalitarian, how NHS is no longer mentioned without adjectives "our" or "wonderful" and its employees must be described as heroes.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 3

15 minutes ago, TK421 said:

https://news.sky.com/story/coronavirus-woman-named-and-shamed-by-neighbours-on-facebook-for-not-joining-clap-for-carers-11978192

Coronavirus: Woman 'named and shamed' by neighbours on Facebook for not joining clap for carers

I haven't been out and applauded once. Not to make a point or anything I just feel like a tit and honestly don't even realise it's happening until I hear some clapping in the distance and think "fuck it's Thursday already". If I lived on a main rd or knew some NHS staff lived near then maybe I would ( I wouldn't ). I've nothing against people showing their appreciation  that way even if it's a reminder to themselves how important the NHS and it's staff are. Some people I think theyre patting themselves on the back. If I see a frontline worker I'll tell them they're fantastic and thank them. 

7 minutes ago, SasaS said:

Also interesting is that she feels the need to provide an excuse for not clapping.

That is all pretty totalitarian, how NHS is no longer mentioned without adjectives "our" or "wonderful" and its employees must be described as heroes.

Starmer should start shaming those who dont pay the same percentage of tax as health workers.

1 minute ago, Bobby Hundreds said:

I haven't been out and applauded once. Not to make a point or anything I just feel like a tit and honestly don't even realise it's happening until I hear some clapping in the distance and think "fuck it's Thursday already". If I lived on a main rd or knew some NHS staff lived near then maybe I would ( I wouldn't ). I've nothing against people showing their appreciation  that way even if it's a reminder to themselves how important the NHS and it's staff are. Some people I think theyre patting themselves on the back. If I see a frontline worker I'll tell them they're fantastic and thank them. 

I'm the same as you. 

34 minutes ago, Sugar Ape said:

In a normal country that would be a massive fucking scandal. Here, it’ll probably add 10 points to the public approval of the incontrovertibly rotten Tory handling of this crisis.

• Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, Section_31 said:

Seems to be a lot of people driving like dickheads lately, nearly been clipped both in the car and walking on the pavement in the past week. White van man especially has become quite feral.

I think people have got used to the roads being empty, no excuse for driving like a prick though.

1 hour ago, Bobby Hundreds said:

Yep. 

51 minutes ago, Section_31 said:

Seems to be a lot of people driving like dickheads lately, nearly been clipped both in the car and walking on the pavement in the past week. White van man especially has become quite feral.

Yep. Got in an argument with some young lad in a brand new bling Audi who sped past my kids. Wanted to kill the skinny prick. 

17 minutes ago, Rico1304 said:

Tonight Mathew I’m going to be ;

- Katie Hopkins

- Tommy Robinson

- Actual Hitler

If you're doing the draft you still need 3 more and you should list what instruments they're on.

Westminster bridge is trending on twitter, one of the tweets from there :

• Upvote 1

28 minutes ago, Dougie Do'ins said:

What a shower of fucking cunts they are.  

Yep. How to ruin an initially sincere and well meaning gesture to a group of people working their asses off and risking their lives on our behalf.

The fucking UK, man. Capital of busybodies, and virtue-signalling, nasty pricks obsessed with anyone who they don't think are 'deserving'. Piece of piss to divide and conquer and turn people with the same common interests against each other. The likes of Cummings must be pissing themselves laughing at how easily we're distracted. 

Just been watching the BBC news. They're reporting about coronavirus in turkey. They've got some doctor on who's identity they've had to keep secret and why? Because there's people dying of coronavirus and it's not being reported in the official numbers. If people haven't had tests they're not being counted. Wow. What type of a country would do that? Oh yeah, this fucking shithole we all live in, yet the BBC has been ignoring doctors and nurses saying just this since the outbreak began, much better.to frown on those dodgy Muslims who slowed down our PPE. They only started talking about what's happening in care homes when the noise on social media got too loud..the BBC is a fucking joke, you'd have thought this government was threatening their funding the way they've been behaving

• Upvote 2

52 minutes ago, Mudface said:

Yep. How to ruin an initially sincere and well meaning gesture to a group of people working their asses off and risking their lives on our behalf.

The fucking UK, man. Capital of busybodies, and virtue-signalling, nasty pricks obsessed with anyone who they don't think are 'deserving'. Piece of piss to divide and conquer and turn people with the same common interests against each other. The likes of Cummings must be pissing themselves laughing at how easily we're distracted. 

I knew this would happen, said it on a post a few days ago. For tonnes of people it’s not even about the NHS. It’s about ‘how do I make this about me so I can be loud and put it on Facebook to show just how much I care, (even though I’ve got my partner who under declares his income to avoid tax living here which I in turn don’t declare so I can keep claiming full benefits)‘. It’s rife - I know a girl who works on the complaints department at a bank (currently from home) She put a photo on of her in the queue at Aldi with a comment along the lines of ‘the life of a key worker’ just so desperate for comments full of gratitude. It’s pathetic. 
They’re the same people who go to a house party because they think it doesn’t apply to them but then insist all 30 of them tip outside the front door at 8 to clap because otherwise they’re out of order. Twats.

• Upvote 1

8 minutes ago, Geoff Woade said:

I knew this would happen, said it on a post a few days ago. For tonnes of people it’s not even about the NHS. It’s about ‘how do I make this about me so I can be loud and put it on Facebook to show just how much I care, (even though I’ve got my partner who under declares his income to avoid tax living here which I in turn don’t declare so I can keep claiming full benefits)‘. It’s rife - I know a girl who works on the complaints department at a bank (currently from home) She put a photo on of her in the queue at Aldi with a comment along the lines of ‘the life of a key worker’ just so desperate for comments full of gratitude. It’s pathetic. 
They’re the same people who go to a house party because they think it doesn’t apply to them but then insist all 30 of them tip outside the front door at 8 to clap because otherwise they’re out of order. Twats.

That post you mention made me chuckle with the Spiderman suit reference. It's a bit of a break for the people doing the clap but that should be the strength of it. To name someone for not clapping just seems a bit of a cunts trick.