You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

The Snooker

Bjornebye

18 minutes ago, Remmie said:

Why does everyone hate Selby? Don't mind him. Obviously want Ronnie to win though. 

I've always found him dull to watch. His personality is barely there, and what he has got is weird. And he's got a great record against Ronnie - I think he's probably the only player who intimidates O'Sullivan. 

To be fair it's probably irrational. Same goes for Robertson as well. 

It's interesting that with Ronnie's comments about the shite standard of younger players, there aren't that many that have the charisma of O'Sullivan, Williams and Higgins either.

I've always enjoyed snooker, but when those 3 retire I'm wondering if I'll be rooting for anyone that much to be bothered watching

• Upvote 1

It does feel like that 90s period was a golden age for the standard of the game.  I’m sure the 80’s was a lot bigger because there weren’t as many channels to watch etc but the fact that these players are still there this many years later is ridiculous.

Snooker clubs just don’t exist the way they did years ago so the player base is bound to be a lot smaller so we may never see it again.  It will be interesting to see where the game is in 20 years.

3 hours ago, johnsusername said:

I've always found him dull to watch. His personality is barely there, and what he has got is weird. And he's got a great record against Ronnie - I think he's probably the only player who intimidates O'Sullivan. 

To be fair it's probably irrational. Same goes for Robertson as well. 

And his nickname is the fucking jester from Leicester! He's the personality of a used tea bag and is as much like a jester as Jacob reese Mogg. 

I don't think he intimidates Ronnie as such, its just he slows up his play and when he break builds its also slow and boring but it is effective against Ronnie.

Steve Peters is a huge help to Ronnie. Let's hope he runs Selby over with his car to help this time!

Yep after Ronnies comments in his interview saying "lump on Selby" he can fuck off. His arrogance is too much. Does more damage to the sports than good. Fuck him. 

He will probably win it though. 

Rem is right about the personalities. Take the 3 old timers away and you really don't have much in the way of entertainment. Selby, Roberston, Trump, Ding .... all really really boring bastards. Obviously on form Trump is good to watch but he is very dislikable. 

The likes of Bingham, Maguire, Carter (even though he is a massive cunt), Allen and Hawkins have a bit of life about them but they aren't going to keep it interesting as a sport. 

Then Wilson (I like the lad), Lisowski, McGill, Yan Bintao...... They really need to up their games. Wilson has an outside chance of this if he plays like he did against Judd. 

I still fucking love the snooker me. 

10 minutes ago, Bjornebye said:

Yep after Ronnies comments in his interview saying "lump on Selby" he can fuck off. His arrogance is too much. Does more damage to the sports than good. Fuck him. 

He will probably win it though. 

Rem is right about the personalities. Take the 3 old timers away and you really don't have much in the way of entertainment. Selby, Roberston, Trump, Ding .... all really really boring bastards. Obviously on form Trump is good to watch but he is very dislikable. 

The likes of Bingham, Maguire, Carter (even though he is a massive cunt), Allen and Hawkins have a bit of life about them but they aren't going to keep it interesting as a sport. 

Then Wilson (I like the lad), Lisowski, McGill, Yan Bintao...... They really need to up their games. Wilson has an outside chance of this if he plays like he did against Judd. 

I still fucking love the snooker me. 

Don't hate the game, hate the player.