You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

January 2019 Transfer Thread

AngryOfTuebrook

56 minutes ago, Anubis said:

Potential sale of Solanke to Brighton. Apparently we've had two offers to buy him from PL clubs.

I think Fulham are the other team. What happened at Palace? The owl seemed unhappy, it was like the club had told him he hadn't failed a medical but they didn't think he was fit enough and forced them to pull out. Owl was deffo blaming the club. 

1 hour ago, Trojan1892 said:

Clyne to Bournemouth..... what a strange decision that is when he can play RB and LB

I don't get why we didn't keep him for this month. Get gomez back, get 2 fa cup games out of the way if we get past wolves. Loan him in the last day or so of the window. 

• Upvote 1

We've been ruled out of a move for Mario Balotelli. That's a shame...

Newcastle United are considering a sensational swoop for former Liverpool man Mario Balotelli, according to a report.

It has been claimed that Magpies boss Rafael Benitez is looking at the possibility of bringing the Italy striker to St. James’ Park this month as he seeks reinforcements in the forward department.

Arsenal were linked with a move for Balotelli in May, with Gazzetta dello Sport claiming that the Gunners could make a bid with Borussia Dortmund and Marseille also thought to be interested.

Marseille reportedly remain interested in the 27-year-old, while a return to Serie A has also been touted as a distinct possibility.

The Mirror claim that Newcastle hold a genuine interest in the former Milan and Inter star, while Nice will not stand in Balotelli’s way if he wishes to move on in January, as manager Patrick Vieira confirmed.

“I have given Mario a few extra days off to think about his future and what he wants to do,” Vieira said.

“He’s under contract here and everything is possible, if we can come to a common agreement who knows.

“When it comes to Mario, I want to answer back, or just slam him up against the wall or leave him hanging by his collar on the coat rack, but I can’t, as I’m no longer a player.

“I don’t want to say something I’ll regret. I am trying to be constructive in my comments to him.”

Balotelli did say back in 2016 in an interview with Xinhua that he would have no problem returning to England: “[If I go back to England] it would not be to Liverpool.

“Because I found myself [performing] very bad in Liverpool. I said the team was good and the fans are amazing, but I would never go back to Liverpool.

“The first one I think in England is Manchester City, and the second team I always like is Arsenal. That doesn’t mean I’ll go to play there. I just like them.”

46 minutes ago, Barry Wom said:

I think Fulham are the other team. What happened at Palace? The owl seemed unhappy, it was like the club had told him he hadn't failed a medical but they didn't think he was fit enough and forced them to pull out. Owl was deffo blaming the club. 

The story I know is that Solanke's representatives put forward some demands that palace deemed unreasonable hence it didn't go ahead.

From a Bournemouth forum....

TAA is obviously first choice now then there's Gomez when he's back that has also played there. Plus they have Milner who could likely do a good job there if needed. To be fair to him and his versatility, he could probably do a good job as a keeper if called upon.

• Upvote 2