You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Zidane Resigns!

Right call from him I reckon. Near impossible to better what he's done already, and this team will need some serious rebuilding in the next few years. He should just wait for Deschamps to fuck up and guide France new golden generation to world cup glory, establishing himself as arguably the most successful player-manager in history.

Hope Real poach Poch. Or nick Sarri ahead of Chelsea.

• Upvote 1

He's won them 3 Champions Leagues and one La Liga title in 3 years. I'm not sure he's that keen to come to England as of yet, as I can see him waiting until Allegri finally leaves Juventus and then going for that job. Or he might decide to take the France job once Deschamps leaves, which might well be this summer regardless of how well France do.

Zizou.

Setting aside that we lost to them the other night, I’ve always absolutely loved him as a player, and sure, it’s with Madrid, but he’s stepped up from a top ten best ever, minimum, playing career, won 3 European Cups in his 3 seasons as a manager, and stepped back down. I hope he never takes another job in football.

Would only be a slightly inferior way to sign off than if he hadn’t pulled his headbutt in 2006, but instead cleaned Mourinho’s favourite snivelling little gimp’s clock for him, before waving at the crowds and strolling off into the sunset.

• Upvote 1

Your heart will be broken one day with thinking like that. Enjoy him while he's here. What will be will be.

Not a chance. What's more likely to happen is he built a great to watch side who can beat anyone but will never have to funds to win the league.

Fans will start whinging that champions league semis is all well and good but we want the league.

Not a chance. What's more likely to happen is he built a great to watch side who can beat anyone but will never have to funds to win the league.

Fans will start whinging that champions league semis is all well and good but we want the league.

A semi is no good to anyone.