You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

I think we will win the CL.

thompsonsnose

I really hope we avoid Utd if they go through. That cunt will park the bus at home. He'd take a nil nil all day. He'd enjoy coming to Anfield looking for the one goal to fuck us up. I don't think my nerves could handle that. Ideal draw for me.

Spurs v Barca

City v Utd

Bayern v Madrid

Reds v Shakhtar/ Roma.

Semis

Barca v City

Reds v Bayern.

Final

Reds v City.

It's a European competition. City are imposters really. We win number 6. Piece of piss.

I really hope we avoid Utd if they go through. That cunt will park the bus at home. He'd take a nil nil all day. He'd enjoy coming to Anfield looking for the one goal to fuck us up. I don't think my nerves could handle that. Ideal draw for me.

Spurs v Barca

City v Utd

Bayern v Madrid

Reds v Shakhtar/ Roma.

Semis

Barca v City

Reds v Bayern.

Final

Reds v City.

It's a European competition. City are imposters really. We win number 6. Piece of piss.

City are live contenders like it or not,  I think they are the only British club with a realistic chance of beating Barca and/ or Madrid

Spurs v Barca

City v Utd

Bayern v Madrid

Reds v Shakhtar/ Roma.

Semis

Barca v City

Reds v Bayern.

Final

Reds v City.

The winner of Shaktar/Roma really is the plum draw for the quarters

Spurs v Barca

City v Utd

Bayern v Madrid

Reds v Shakhtar/ Roma.

Semis

Barca v City

Reds v Bayern.

Final

Reds v City.

I have found a flaw in your logic.

If Madrid could somehow beat Bayern, I would say we have a decent chance against them. But while we are good, let's not kid ourselves - Bayern are much better. Not saying we can't beat them ("on our day," etc.) but it would be a massive upset.

That said I don't get the people saying Roma is the plum draw. Surely it's United? In a neutral stadium I'd back Roma to beat United 7 times out of 10. I don't think we can get United in the draw (although if all 5 English clubs get through then I suppose we could) but I would back us to absolutely take them apart if we did.

Pretty sure we can get English teams now.  Isn't it only the first knock out stage that's protected?

Wouldn't fancy united at all.  Exactly what we struggle against with world class players instead of the shite Pulis and co use to successfully put a spanner in our works.

Pretty sure we can get English teams now.  Isn't it only the first knock out stage that's protected?

Wouldn't fancy united at all.  Exactly what we struggle against with world class players instead of the shite Pulis and co use to successfully put a spanner in our works.

Yes, open draw from now on.

Some belting ties from the next round onwards.

I really hope we avoid Utd if they go through. That cunt will park the bus at home. He'd take a nil nil all day. He'd enjoy coming to Anfield looking for the one goal to fuck us up. I don't think my nerves could handle that. 

On the flipside, if we knock them out it could finish Mourinho at United. 

Maybe so but sometimes it can work against teams strolling in easy games then having to step it up against better opposition in crucial games. PSV will always struggle because of this. Bayern also to a lesser extent.

I remember Keane saying Utd had an advantage going into the big games in 99 as nearly every game was a cup final. They maintained the intensity throughout the jammy cunts.

This is an advantage we have over other sides as Klopp has them at it 100%. If the players carry it on to the pitch we can beat anyone.

If we don't we can be beaten by anyone.

• Upvote 1

That said I don't get the people saying Roma is the plum draw. Surely it's United? In a neutral stadium I'd back Roma to beat United 7 times out of 10. I don't think we can get United in the draw (although if all 5 English clubs get through then I suppose we could) but I would back us to absolutely take them apart if we did.

I can't get my head around how anyone could say they'd rather play United than Roma or Shaktar. I don't even know how good these teams are tbh, though Roma are 4th in Serie A 16 points off the top which would suggest they're not that good. I want to avoid the English teams until they're clearly the easiest teams left. The stress of playing United in the QF of the Champions League when the 4th best team in Italy or the best team in Ukraine is still in it?! No thanks...