You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

I think we will win the CL.

thompsonsnose

Brilliant. So what are the chances on us winning old big ears then?

Bookies give 14/1 on us winning it. Considering they want to make a proft, the market gives us app 6-7% to win it.

What does our math expert say? Should I run to the bookies or keep my money?

Bearing in mind the thread title and some algorithms I would calculate our odds to be precisely one in... one. 

The only teams I fear are the ones we underestimate or the ones that can just sit back and absorb. The ones that arrogantly think they're going to brush us aside I'm quite confident against. We thrive on that.

I don't think anyone arrogantly think they'll brush us aside.

Teams with quality midfielders and who know how to control a game and defend will most likely knock us out.

For everyone saying how this team is better than 2005 etc, point out who of the current crop has the balls of Gerrard, Didi, Carra and Sami? This team would go 3-0 up, capitulate in the second half then lose on penalties.

So you're saying Liverpool will be 2020 European champions?

• Upvote 1

• 2 weeks later...

We’re not exactly going in under the radar 2005 style, but there was a cheat-mode swagger about us tonight that I haven’t seen since parts of the Suarez title attempt and the Rafa-in-Europe era before that.

Can’t see that group of players fearing any team.

• Upvote 1

I don't know how this is even happening but the 538 stats model just updated and WE ARE ODDS-ON TO MAKE THE SEMI-FINALS!!

What is even happening, this season is crazy.

DWByYspVoAAh4u2.jpg

So what you're saying is that the 99% chance of us making the quarter finals, if we play Moreno in the second leg, we're out?

- Liverpool have scored 52 goals in 20 away games this season, at an average of 2.6 per game. I believe it makes them the highest scoring team of away goals of all the major leagues in Europe. 

- In European competition, that figure increases to 3.6 goals per game, with the reds scoring 18 from 5 on the continent (including the Hoffenheim qualifier) 

- Only 3 times have Liverpool failed to score away from home (City and Swansea in the league, Leicester in the league cup)

In a competition where away goals can be so crucial, it is a handy stat. 

• Upvote 1

Tonight’s win was very impressive. With the outcome of the tie now seeming a formality, it still leaves us five tough games to win it. This assumes we go through, and it assumes the opponents from the quarters to the final will be top notch.

A one off game? Fine. We have a good chance. But putting in five such performaces in a row, which is what I think will be needed to win it, I’m not so sure.

I’m enjoying it as much as anyone and hope we can do it. No one will want to face us. Keep it going you [orange] men.