You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Boxing day left hook v Those welsh wankers Swansea.

Guest Pistonbroke

Exactly the way to deal with the dross in this league - we are getting better at it.

The good hidings are mounting up and it is nice - next step is when we aren't dishing out the good hidings we find a way to nick wins.

Get that sorted and we are really in business.

The way to deal with it is buy better midfielders, defenders and a keeper.

Coutinho and Firmino won the game today with no help from our anoymous midfield. Swansea gave up and we added some glitz to it but it really changes nothing in the grand scheme of things. The front three cant do it every week and when they're not on it, an anonymous midfield is a huge problem.

• Downvote 1

Coutinho is an absolute wizard. £225m absolute minimum. 16 at this point of the season is really impressive from Firmino, who’s in a rich vein of form. Trent looks the absolute business, you can see the kid is going to make it at the top level, his use of the ball and crossing are top class. Cracking goal by Oxlade Chamberlain as his stock continues to rise.

Coutinho and Firmino won the game today with no help from our anoymous midfield. Swansea gave up and we added some glitz to it but it really changes nothing in the grand scheme of things. The front three cant do it every week and when they're not on it, an anonymous midfield is a huge problem.

This. I really enjoyed the win today. The goal from TAA and a world class performance from Phil the icing on the cake for me.

But the weak areas are still there of course, and we should start adressing them in January.

100% and it needs addressing - we are feast or famine aren't we....fortunately due to how good the front 4 are we see more feast than we used to do but the other glaring holes remain.

Keita is of course hopefully one of them sorted the summer will hopefully see the rest sorted...the worry is we'll spend so much time and energy and so much of our limited funds replacing Coutinho that we won't fully fix all the holes....

Hopefully Klopp has what he wants clearly in his head and we act decisively to get them.....Then maybe we will be in business

Am I right in, every time Phil is captain he has a stormer? Also I don’t like it when he’s been captain all game and the vice captain comes on they take it off him, the club captain I agree with but for the vice captain to take it is a bit stupid. Might aswell make him captain till the end of the season to keep him interested, he could potentially have a bad back again if we refuse to sell him in January. When he plays like this he’s unbelievable, as good as Suárez was at times.

Fair play to some of you, found a way to moan despite winning 5-0 in 3rd gear. Going to go back and rep for the effort at keeping up the misery. Truly impressive.

Coutinho is a genius. What he displayed in glimpses before 2017, he is producing nearly every minute of every game.

Great to have Lallana back. 

• Upvote 4

Fair play to some of you, found a way to moan despite winning 5-0 in 3rd gear. Going to go back and rep for the effort at keeping up the misery. Truly impressive.

Coutinho is a genius. What he displayed in glimpses before 2017, he is producing nearly every minute of every game.

MF behaviour.

• Upvote 4

Pretty much actually.

Good lad, at least he has some tools to actually make it here if he puts it together, unlike a Benteke for instance.

However Arsenal wasted seven years waiting. Displays like today does nothing to answer the question why the fuck youd waste 40m on him.

TAA has to start at RB in the home games against shite for me....he offers so much more in an attacking sense than Gomez who of course is going to be a centre half anyway.

Gomez should be in the middle now. With Klavan, and then with VVD If that ever happens.

Looking at TAA and Roberson i find it hard to fathom how they have not nailed down the spots.

Clearly Gomez' forte is at CB so even more baffling that hes being compared, negatively, by some, to TAA at RB.

TAA - from the BBC

Liverpool goalscorer Trent Alexander-Arnold to Sky Sports: "It's a dream come true to score at Anfield, especially to win. I’ve scored two goals away from home but it's good to get one at Anfield, especially at the Kop. I had a few family members here."

On what Jurgen Klopp said to him at full-time:

"He was really happy with the goal. I got an elbow to the face at one point and he said I had to get back up unless I had a broken nose.

"The performance could have been better, especially in the first half."

100% and it needs addressing - we are feast or famine aren't we....fortunately due to how good the front 4 are we see more feast than we used to do but the other glaring holes remain.

Keita is of course hopefully one of them sorted the summer will hopefully see the rest sorted...the worry is we'll spend so much time and energy and so much of our limited funds replacing Coutinho that we won't fully fix all the holes....

Hopefully Klopp has what he wants clearly in his head and we act decisively to get them.....Then maybe we will be in business

I'd say the Kieta money is already come out of the Phil fee. Replacing Coutinho is going to a hard task.

Sticking with TAA who actually adds something offensively and shifting Gomez into the centre could solve two problems without spending.

Winning in 2nd/3rd gear is exactly how we should be playing against the bottom teams at times, it keeps us fresher for the bigger games. You’ll always get idiots moaning at it, it’s normally the same idiots who moan at rotation and then moaned last January when we run out of steam and scraped 1-0s (in 3rd gear) some people aren’t ever happy.

People complaining about Oxlade-Chamberlain today are thick as shit, he won the ball back a few times, kept the ball moving, moved the ball up the pitch quickly and scored a goal but that wasn’t good enough? Fuck me what more do people want? Henderson, Can or Wijnaldum rarely make the runs beyond the striker that AOC did today, he created so much space for Firmino and Coutinho by dragging their midfield and Fullbacks all over the place, he’s improving very quickly.

• Upvote 3