You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Transgender stuff - what's going on?

Gym Beglin

On 28/04/2024 at 22:04, Rico1304 said:

Another ‘win’. The process is the punishment but this woman has been amazing.  

You’ll note the exemplary damages award.   

Social worker suspended over gender critical views awarded £58,000

https://www.thetimes.co.uk/article/c18e91c6-e124-4a6d-a491-87031e762e6d?shareToken=935ed5d7fca85c05293dc2372986c70f

In an ironic twist, she looks like a man.   

• Haha 2
  • Upvote 1

48 minutes ago, Total Longo said:

Anyone see that "Miriam" documentary on Channel 4 last night? An absolute clusterfuck of ideas, even when you factor in that it was made 20 years ago i have no idea how that show got aired.  

Was going to agree but realised I was thinking of Miranda. 

• Haha 5

1 hour ago, Total Longo said:

Anyone see that "Miriam" documentary on Channel 4 last night? An absolute clusterfuck of ideas, even when you factor in that it was made 20 years ago i have no idea how that show got aired.  

Awful.  

Stonewall are actively campaigning to make sex by deception legal.  

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

It’s often said that girls forced into competing against boys should refuse to comply and highlight the unfairness. A couple of weeks ago a bunch of high school girls competing against a boy in shot-put decided to step out of the circle and ‘foul’ in protest.  

They’ve all been banned from future competition. 

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

Not sure how true this is across the board, its anecdotal. Talking to a female friend the other day she told me that she was out in the car on her own and broke down at about 11pm. She phoned the breakdown people telling them what had happened and told them that she was a lone female only to be told that they no longer differentiated and she would no longer be a priority.

Like I say, I trust her to have been telling the truth, that being the case its shocking.

14 minutes ago, A Red said:

Not sure how true this is across the board, its anecdotal. Talking to a female friend the other day she told me that she was out in the car on her own and broke down at about 11pm. She phoned the breakdown people telling them what had happened and told them that she was a lone female only to be told that they no longer differentiated and she would no longer be a priority.

Like I say, I trust her to have been telling the truth, that being the case its shocking.

Thats a big turn around.  I worked for the AA Breakdown on the phones, they had 2 big offices near here so loads of people here worked for them over the years. One year a patrolman was fired because he turned up alone female and said ‘I bet you were worried out here on your own, anyone could have come along’.  She just mentioned it in feedback and he was gone. 

20 minutes ago, A Red said:

All we hear from women is that they're strong, independent and should treated as equals to men*. She can wait in the queue like anybody else who has broken down.

*when they're not doing your fucking head in about something else

16 minutes ago, Mook said:

All we hear from women is that they're strong, independent and should treated as equals to men*. She can wait in the queue like anybody else who has broken down.

They should be treated as equals to men. They are vulnerable to men who are stronger and a lot more raped. It’s possible to hold these two thoughts in your head. Well, it should be.  

18 minutes ago, Mook said:

That might be the view of a lot of blokes until its their daughter/mother/wife stuck in a layby on a lonely road at midnight

2 minutes ago, A Red said:

That might be the view of a lot of blokes until its their daughter/mother/wife stuck in a layby on a lonely road at midnight

I'm more than happy for it to happen to my wife.

My Mum's a martial arts expert & would boot fuck out of Chuck Norris.

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Mook said:

I'm more than happy for it to happen to my wife.

My Mum's a martial arts expert & would boot fuck out of Chuck Norris.

And your daughter is 9 years old so wouldn't be driving.....I can see you're not going with it

1 minute ago, Paulie Dangerously said:

Seems the house of cards is falling down. NHS making biological female wards only, various sports bodies bringing in common sense again. 

What a weird time the last few years will be to look back on. 

In fairness that's just the Tories trying to score an easy win, male, female, animal vegetable and mineral will continue to be dumped in corridors.

• Upvote 1

5 minutes ago, Paulie Dangerously said:

Seems the house of cards is falling down. NHS making biological female wards only, various sports bodies bringing in common sense again. 

What a weird time the last few years will be to look back on. 

Indeed.  It had to happen eventually. 

Soon all the people who were right behind it will pretend they thought it was rubbish all along and that ‘other people’ have finally seen sense.  

(That was why the question ‘Are transwomen women?’ was always so useful - the answer to that question is unequivocal).   

• Downvote 1

1 hour ago, A Red said:

I might be wrong, but I believe in that situation they will still be given priority. It's just the breakdown bods can't / won't say priority itself is specifically based on gender i.e. if Frank is broken down in the middle of the M1, but Susan is sitting in Tesco car park on a sunny Wednesday afternoon, she won't go to the head of the queue.

2 minutes ago, Babb'sBurstNad said:

I might be wrong, but I believe in that situation they will still be given priority. It's just the breakdown bods can't / won't say priority itself is specifically based on gender i.e. if Frank is broken down in the middle of the M1, but Susan is sitting in Tesco car park on a sunny Wednesday afternoon, she won't go to the head of the queue.

Yeah, I had a look online after I'd posted that and that seems the case. Still seems a bit daft that they cant say they will prioritise Susan over Frank if they are both in similar situations i.e. Lonely roads at midnight.

Again, lets pretend they are the same when they are not.

Mind you, Frankie and a boy named Sue makes it complicated. Fuck working for the AA.

2 minutes ago, A Red said:

Yeah, I had a look online after I'd posted that and that seems the case. Still seems a bit daft that they cant say they will prioritise Susan over Frank if they are both in similar situations i.e. Lonely roads at midnight.

Again, lets pretend they are the same when they are not.

Mind you, Frankie and a boy named Sue makes it complicated. Fuck working for the AA.

Yeah, I'd imagine they're just shit scared of getting sued somehow. I think all emergency services have to deny any form of prioritisation based solely on gender, age, race, etc. They can be considered contributing factors, but not part of a de facto hierarchy of response.

1 minute ago, Clem H Fandango said:

An ex of mine forgot that cars needed coolant and subsequently blew the head gasket ruining her shit car. 

They/them can go back of the queue.

Whats coolant?

• Haha 1

This poor girl - Gender GP will hopefully get prison time 

https://www.bailii.org/ew/cases/EWHC/Fam/2024/922.html

Telling that the couldn’t get anyone in the U.K. to be an expert witness, but the Aussie is scathing of Weberley.  No examination by a doctor, no follow up, no tests on the impacts of testosterone, massively over dosing her  AND no counselling.   

(Will the weirdos neg a post about child abuse? We’ll see and either way it’ll prove a point). 

• Downvote 3

4 minutes ago, Babb'sBurstNad said:

Negged, because it seemed like a dare to do so.

Ha! Good point 

The only alternative to a joke is sticking up for child abuse - I’m getting a word…

• Haha 1
  • Downvote 1

In the US cancer outcomes for black women are worse than other demographics. The American Cancer organisation are about to start a study to understand the causes.  

Participants have to identify as black and as a woman.  Identify.  

• Downvote 1

8 minutes ago, Rico1304 said:

In the US cancer outcomes for black women are worse than other demographics. The American Cancer organisation are about to start a study to understand the causes.  

Participants have to identify as black and as a woman.  Identify.  

That’s me fucked then