You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Transgender stuff - what's going on?

Gym Beglin

2 hours ago, TheHowieLama said:
The former poster child for white nationalism has quietly come out as transgender in their debut book — in which they reminisced about being mistaken for a girl while working with their father's KKK chapter.

R Derek Black revealed in the epilogue of their new memoir, “The Klansman’s Son: My Journey from White Nationalism to Antiracism,” that they identified as LGBTQ and used they/ them pronouns.

Black, 35, became famous in 1999 at the age of 10, when they appeared on salacious daytime talk program “The Jenny Jones Show” to peddle the backward beliefs of their father, Klu Klux Klan Imperial Wizard Don Black and godfather, former Grand Wizard David Duke.

While spouting racist rhetoric and even in pictures of them as a child dressed as a Confederate soldier, Black sported a long, flowing haircut that seemed inconsequential at the time, but the youngster was harboring a secret joy for strangers constantly mistaking them for a girl.

“I liked the gender confusion, except in public bathrooms, where adult men always took it upon themselves to compliment my looks before telling me I was in the wrong room,” Black said.

RICO!!

I am calling bullshit on the claim that any man complimented this person on their feminine looks or stated that they should be in the women's toilet

9533cdb267f888c3a76110f39493833f

9 minutes ago, redheart said:

I am calling bullshit on the claim that any man complimented this person on their feminine looks or stated that they should be in the women's toilet

9533cdb267f888c3a76110f39493833f

Classic AGP behaviour. 

Also not surprising a kid brought up in that environment turned out to be mentally ill 

Interesting thread on the Tories' "bold" (translation - plucked straight from the comments section of the Mail Online, just like all their recent policy announcements) decision to ban puberty blockers.

https://x.com/JolyonMaugham/status/1796068218466914427?t=CprRA0q97ctC446zuTSocw&s=19

(ad hominem incoming in 5... 4... 3...)

Cass report said there was little or poor quality evidence of their efficacy.  Stop pushing experimental treatments on kids. 

You’ll also notice that this policy is also being rolled out across Europe too.  France being the latest yesterday.  

Who to believe?  I’ll stick with the scientists.  

6 hours ago, AngryOfTuebrook said:

Interesting thread on the Tories' "bold" (translation - plucked straight from the comments section of the Mail Online, just like all their recent policy announcements) decision to ban puberty blockers.

https://x.com/JolyonMaugham/status/1796068218466914427?t=CprRA0q97ctC446zuTSocw&s=19

(ad hominem incoming in 5... 4... 3...)

You are trying to point score with this and be political? Children should be able to be whoever they feel and be as comfortable as they can but they shouldn't be able to alter their body permanently until they are over 18. 

I'd of got a Steven Gerrard tattoo on my forehead and penis reduction when I was a teen but I'm glad I did neither. 

• 2 weeks later...

https://www.tampabay.com/news/florida-politics/2024/06/11/florida-transgender-trans-children-medical-ban-judge-unconstitutional/

Florida’s restrictions on medical care for transgender children are unconstitutional, a federal judge ruled Tuesday as he struck down a signature priority of Gov. Ron DeSantis.

U.S. District Judge Robert Hinkle’s decision invalidates much of a 2023 law and rules approved by state boards prohibiting children from accessing medical treatment for gender dysphoria, such as puberty blockers and hormones.

“Florida has adopted a statute and rules that ban gender-affirming care for minors even when medically appropriate,” Hinkle wrote in his 105-page order. “The ban is unconstitutional.”

“Transgender opponents are of course free to hold their beliefs,” Hinkle wrote. “But they are not free to discriminate against transgender individuals just for being transgender. In time, discrimination against transgender individuals will diminish, just as racism and misogyny have diminished. To paraphrase a civil-rights advocate from an earlier time, the arc of the moral universe is long, but it bends toward justice.”

Hinkle pointed to comments from DeSantis and House representatives about young children being castrated or sterilized because of medical treatments for gender dysphoria. Hinkle said that the state admitted during the trial that there was no factual basis for those remarks, and that the record showed no evidence any Florida child had been “castrated or mutilated.”

“Perhaps all this talk about castration and mutilation is just political hyperbole,” Hinkle wrote. “But it casts at least some doubt on the assertion that these decisionmakers’ motivation was sound regulation of medical care in the best interest of transgender patients rather than outright disapproval of transgender identity.”

DeSantis’ press secretary, Jeremy Redfern, said that the state would appeal Hinkle’s new ruling, as well.

“Through their elected representatives, the people of Florida acted to protect children in this state, and the Court was wrong to override their wishes,” Redfern said in an emailed statement. “We disagree with the Court’s erroneous rulings on the law, on the facts, and on the science. As we’ve seen here in Florida, the United Kingdom, and across Europe, there is no quality evidence to support the chemical and physical mutilation of children. These procedures do permanent, life-altering damage to children, and history will look back on this fad in horror.”

1 hour ago, Jack the Sipper said:

I've stuck this in here because we all know why he's made those remarks against her. Being extremely diplomatic, I'll say that they were ill-judged and poorly-timed, coming on the 8th anniversary on the death of Jo Cox.

His apology doesn’t even mention her name. 

In other news a bloke has just won a women’s pool tournament. Again.