You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

The New Cricket Thread

A_S

Guest Pistonbroke
29 minutes ago, Jairzinho said:

Predictably shite. 

It's a one day team. 

Probably blame the Big Bash/IPL where many of the batsmen go to play, they then find it hard to adapt back to the longer game. 

Guest Pistonbroke
16 minutes ago, lifetime fan said:

He’s a cunt. 

I bet he loves it when England lose so he can spout his stuff. Vaughan is another one. 

4 hours ago, Pistonbroke said:

Probably blame the Big Bash/IPL where many of the batsmen go to play, they then find it hard to adapt back to the longer game. 

There are two people in this series, who are Big Bash standouts and worthy of a chance at Test cricket.

One is Wade, who duly made a century.

The other is his Hurricanes team-mate, Archer.

Over to you, England panel.

19 minutes ago, sir roger said:

Anybody have any idea how you get rid of the original post box if you start responding and then change your mind or nip off ? It just seems to sit there , as above ( Apologies Total Longo )

No but it's annoying. I usually just go out of the thread and come back in and then it gives you the option to clear anything you've previously typed. 

22 hours ago, lifetime fan said:

Always used to like Vaughan, he’s turned into a right bitter rent a quote cunt lately though.

I really can't stand him. 

As for Pietersen. An absolute genius of a Batsman but them texts killed his legacy. You can take the South African out of South Africa..... 

46 minutes ago, sir roger said:

Anybody have any idea how you get rid of the original post box if you start responding and then change your mind or nip off ? It just seems to sit there , as above ( Apologies Total Longo )

Click above the left hand corner of your original post, a cross in a box appears, click it twice and press return. Works for me.

3 minutes ago, sir roger said:

Imagine getting a shout to play for Gloucestershire 2nds , turning up with your bat and pads & finding Jofra Archer is in the opposition. No wonder he got a 6-for.

You see the last two overs from Glos against Glamorgan in the T20 the other night?  

2 hours ago, sir roger said:

Yep, thank Christ we don't have KP to come in at 4 and we've got Joe Denly now , phew!

No one could ever question his talent and ability, if they did they’d almost be as big a cunt as him. 

But his england career should have been over for good once he started texting the opposition telling them how to get out his own Captain. 

32 minutes ago, Rico1304 said:

A mate recommended a podcast called ‘Grade Cricketers’ today.  Not listened myself but he said it’s great especially if you’ve played or play at amateur level. 

It's really good. It's Australian but relatively balanced. I've been listening to it for a few weeks. 

Also, if you're searching for it it's 'The Grade Cricketer'

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, lifetime fan said:

You see the last two overs from Glos against Glamorgan in the T20 the other night?  

Yes it was very entertaining stuff from your boys , was hoping they would get the win at the end.

A boon for headline-writers with Tye causing a tie.

• Upvote 1