You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

The New Cricket Thread

A_S

Guest Pistonbroke
2 minutes ago, Mudface said:

From Cricinfo- "total 12 reviews against Wilson this Test - 8 overturned, 4 struck down. Aleem Dar, 4 reviews - 2 overturned, 2 struck down".

Surely it's about time they have the best umpires like in the past, regardless of nationality. Dar is good, this Wilson fellow is a joke. 

Guest Pistonbroke

Warne banging on about Root not playing a shot, and he's right. However, he is conveniently forgetting the umpteen times the Aussie players used the same ploy and got away with it.

Guest Pistonbroke

Aussies appealing way to much. I thought you can get a warning for excessive appealing? 

The way Lyon is bowling this isn't looking good. Shows how shit Ali is at the moment. Even if we go on to lose this test I won't flap though. Smith can't carry Australia every game and we will hopefully have a full bowling compliment at Lords. Archer could be key with the slope. I'd also drop either Buttler/Bairstow and strengthen the batting. We could always pick a different opener and move Roy down the order in place of Buttler/Bairstow. Ali also needs dropping for his own good (unless he bats for hours if needed today). 

Guest Pistonbroke
3 minutes ago, Mudface said:

Stupidity from Roy

He's just not top order at this form of the game. He's a player who could cause carnage further down the order if we get off to a good start, playing him as an opener needs to be sacked off ASP. 

1 minute ago, Brownie said:

That's absolutely disgraceful from Roy. Unforgivable.

1 minute ago, Pistonbroke said:

He's just not top order at this form of the game. He's a player who could cause carnage further down the order if we get off to a good start, playing him as an opener needs to be sacked off ASP. 

Guest Pistonbroke

Denly fails again. Why the fuck couldn't Ali bowl like this. Also Denly spunked a review, he must have known he'd edged that onto his pads. Not helped by Root who seems to be shit at reviews. 

Guest Pistonbroke
Just now, Brownie said:

Why is he reviewing it when he knew he hit it?! We might need that review later on, absolutely idiotic.

As I said at the start of this test, bang average team i'm afraid.

Nah, we are every bit as good as the Aussies if we choose the right players. Aussies have bigger problems than us if Smith doesn't score big. This series will be tight, no reason we won't go on to win it. We've also been missing a strike bowler for just about all 5 days. 

8 minutes ago, Brownie said:

Why is he reviewing it when he knew he hit it?! We might need that review later on, absolutely idiotic.

As I said at the start of this test, bang average team i'm afraid.

They are, but so are Australia really. For both teams, their good bowling attacks are cancelled out by their unreliable batting.

Main difference here is Australia are carried by an all-time great batsman. England have (I'd argue) five average batsmen, a couple of all-rounders and a very good - but not great - batsman. On top of this Australia's attack hasn't been running on fumes due to their best bowler pulling up injured on the first morning.

This one has gone in all likelihood but it's all to play for in the series really.