You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Cheltenham 2017

Megadrive Man

Just read a shout for Dans Le Vent in the last race today. It's currently 80/1.

Allegedly from the yard. They expect it to run very well, expecting a place but wouldn't rule out it challenging to win.

Third favourite in the race is Western Ryder. In its last race, Dans Le Vent only finished 1 and 3/4 lenghts behind Western Ryder. Makes the difference in price seem a bit drastic.

Again, I can't vouch for the accuracy of the "tip" but it's worth a quid or two each way.

Thought he was going to hold on for a place there. Unlucky.

Missed most of Tuesday's racing as I was stuck in the hospital while the lad had a few tests done because he wasn't feeling too good,turned out to be nothing in the end.

As for Wednesday,I had £10 free bet on Willoughby Court in the first and had a couple of places, but the only one  that paid was Sir Valentino as I had it at about 40/1 at the off. Absolutely gutted I overlooked Flying Tiger with Richard Johnson on at 33/1 though,what a price!

As for matched betting, apart from Betway's first and last race refund I can't buy a free bet.

Empire of Dirt vs Un de Sceaux looks the most interesting race tomorrow. Got both in a acca with Harry/Let's dance/Squouateur

Would love to see Tobefair win, looks like he's on drift tonight.

Fair fucks to anyone in profit so far.

Quite like the outsider Aso in this race for some e/w value,Vaniteux is a big price.Also pays to remember that the next 2 days are on the New Course rather than the Old Course and this brings in some different aspects. There are more flat runs and therefore gaps between fences so stamina plays a big part.

Yorkhill wins by a street if he doesn't have to side step fallers on two occasions.

Maybe. But it hardly cost him any distance and was done at a stage when they were still going at a fairly slow pace.

Top Notch's error comes at the business end of the race. Yorkhill's swerves weren't that material. He still wouldn't have kicked for home until he did.

Had a combination tricast in the first, first win in years (only do the big meets when I can be bothered)

£5 and a bit so far today then, WOOP WOOP!

Had Top Notch in a Lucky 15 as well, so bit disappointed with that mistake

Big meet beaut.

Maybe. But it hardly cost him any distance and was done at a stage when they were still going at a fairly slow pace.

Top Notch's error comes at the business end of the race. Yorkhill's swerves weren't that material. He still wouldn't have kicked for home until he did.

We'll have to agree to disagree. Breaking the rhythm of a horse, especially at this level, is incredibly important. For it to happen twice in a race and still win shows he was the best horse in the race by a distance.

Quite like the outsider Aso in this race for some e/w value,Vaniteux is a big price.Also pays to remember that the next 2 days are on the New Course rather than the Old Course and this brings in some different aspects. There are more flat runs and therefore gaps between fences so stamina plays a big part.

Had a fiver each way at 40/1 for a surprisingly decent return of £55. £4 on Presenting Percy too has made it a decent day so far.