You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Spurs (H) - Saturday 11/2/17. 5:30pm BT Sport

Preston Red

Standing on the near post would do that, plus it gives the player more options should the ball go underneath the wall as he can actually move his body more. 

Might help deal with the low free-kick, but it would also bring about several other significant drawbacks. You could now put one or two strikers just in front of the keeper to further mask his view as you wouldn't be offside anymore. Not to mention strikers could just focus on getting on any rebound without the fear of being called offside. Which is why hardly anyone puts defenders on the goal-line. What Phil did is probably the cleverest way to go about it.

Guest Pistonbroke

Might help deal with the low free-kick, but it would also bring about several other significant drawbacks. You could now put one or two strikers just in front of the keeper to further mask his view as you wouldn't be offside anymore. Not to mention strikers could just focus on getting on any rebound without the fear of being called offside. Which is why hardly anyone puts defenders on the goal-line. What Phil did is probably the cleverest way to go about it.

True, but with a free kick so close to the box and pretty central it would be hard to pick out a forward. 

Its a thread about yesterday's match which Emre Can played very little of. Enjoy the victory and focus on the positives rather than a player whose short appearance did pretty much nothing to affect the outcome.

Nope, still no idea.

The whole point of the post was to highlight how good the team played yesterday without Emre Can in the side. Our winless streak included him starting in the side. He didn't start yesterday and the midfield was massively improved. Sorry to have to explain that to you.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

Lucas Leiva @LucasLeiva87 2h2 hours ago

@Musker_LFC don't you get tired to criticise me mate ? Enjoy the win today and clean sheet .

218 replies 1,015 retweets 2,156 likes

Ha ha Love it Lucas

Saw that this morning when I was checking Twitter.

Looks like he's deleted the tweets (there were 2 more aimed at Musker) aside from the one above.

Strange how he found the tweet as the guy is a nobody really, but it must have really got under his skin.

Saw that this morning when I was checking Twitter.

Looks like he's deleted the tweets (there were 2 more aimed at Musker) aside from the one above.

Strange how he found the tweet as the guy is a nobody really, but it must have really got under his skin.

He's a knobhead (one look at his profile will tell you that), but he's somehow garnered over 50k followers. 

He's a knobhead (one look at his profile will tell you that), but he's somehow garnered over 50k followers.

Just had a quick look myself. Knob head? Really? Why?

The tweet Lucas reacted to seems to be the same as everyone's reaction on here when they found out he playing at centre back

Guest Pistonbroke

Speak for yourself, I've already sent three carrier pigeons with I hate you cunt strapped to one leg his way.

I baked him a cheesecake but ate it myself, that'll teach the cunt. 

I don't think he did did he?

I'm not on twitter, so might be missing something, but he just seems like some jabroni who fancies himself as some sort of pundit.

The post showed a tweet from Lucas to this punk telling him to fuck off in the nicest possible way. Seems like this cock is constantly giving him shit in twittersphere.

These players seem to believe that its enough to defeat the top five teams to win the league. Someone please get them out of that mentality.

Was a good win.

Over a fortnight's break next.

Then away to a relegation candidate on a Monday night.

We know how that type of scenario normally goes.

• Upvote 2