You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Spurs (H) - Saturday 11/2/17. 5:30pm BT Sport

Preston Red

It goes to prove what we already knew, that when a team comes to play open football we can fuck then up.

All today did was reinforce to teams that they shouldn't do that against us.

Firmino is bang average. We should have kept Joe Allen and played him as a 'false 9'. Same outcome, and £20m saved.

Finding fault in a performance like that is like cooking a truly perfect fry up and complaining that a single baked bean got taken off the plate before it was served to you.

Well that was a much better performance by the boys but as we know, its not teams that are prepared to go toe to toe with us that give us the problems.

But instead of trying to pass spurs to sleeps, the boys went for the jugula from the start. Mane's speed destroyed them in the first 20 minutes and he was exceptionally unlucky not to have scored 4 never mind a hat trick. Im sure he like us, will welcome the 2 he did score. There was no doubting when he went one on one with the last spurs defender who the winner was going to be and Sadio sent the stadium into raptures with his finish.

2 minutes later he was creating havoc and a bit of panic again to score again. Spurs just couldnt get hold of him. It looked like we'd go on and rattle 4 or 5 past Lloris but it wasnt to be.

In defence, Lucas was having a good game and clearly wasnt taking any chances with the ball as it was swiftly despatched either forward or out for a throw. Matip tried to be a bit more cultured but on one or two occasions seemed to get caught and dispossed.

All of the team had very solid games. Bobby, and lallana in particular ran their bollocks off all game to harry the spurs players. Coutinho while not on blob is clearly getting back there. Wijnaldum was the centre of industry in midfield and actually looked a yard or two quicker than of late.

Have to say mignolet came for and caught every cross into the box. Why the fuck couldnt he have been so assured last week FFS!?

Kane simply didnt get a look in tonight. I thought we might have a job on our hand during the warm up though because he knocked one in from an accute angle but as I said, the defence was solid and he didnt get a look in. Same with erikson who was subbed around 70 ineffective minutes.

Have to say I was disappointed in Dele as he wants to be called now. He was a bit of a nark all night and just how he got away with not being carded I dont know. Mind, Anthony Taylor was ref so maybe that explains it. Some of the cards he gave us after what spurs got away with was a bit of a joke in my opinion.

Lots of people might have Mane as MoTM for his 2 goals but for me, it was Bobby with his constant running and chasing of seemingly lost causes.

Long time to wait for the next home against arsenal and if leicester draw their cup game, our Monday night game against them will be postponed so the player will have plenty of rest. No excuses there then!

Possibly the best performance of the season. Absolutely dominant.

Spurs could have got to within 6 pnts of Chelsea with a win, so they had reason to make an effort, but just had no answers to our complete ownership of the pitch.

We're back baby, and that was a pleasure to watch.

Lovin the Widgy-Hendo-Combo.

I'll keep pointing it out - Can is a bigger disaster to our style of play than anything served up by the back 4. Just like Sturridge since he's last his pace, they are suited to a more deliberate pace. No harm, good players like - bit not for this side. Horses for courses and Can is a Gold cup horse running in the Epsom derby.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

Fair play to Lucas impeccable effort not put a foot wrong, must say I didn't fancy him against these, good to see Ali got little or nothing, apart from the booking. Spurs boss went to great lengths to explain why he didn't sign here, one of the influences being Gerrard not turning up at a meeting, at least his favourite team won!

I'll keep pointing it out - Can is a bigger disaster to our style of play than anything served up by the back 4. Just like Sturridge since he's last his pace, they are suited to a more deliberate pace. No harm, good players like - bit not for this side. Horses for courses and Can is a Gold cup horse running in the Epsom derby.

He only played about 13 minutes so it seems a bit harsh to bring him into a debate that has little to do with him. Save it for the Emre Can thread.