You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Summer 2017 Transfer Thread

Anubis

Phil wouldn't have won us today's game a decent defender may have

I don't know how you can say that. We were 1 goal from winning and Coutinho is a better player than henderson, can and Wijnaldum. Of course some decent defending would have helped (I'm not sure one single defender fixes all ills), but I can't see how you can dismiss the contribution Coutinho can bring, especially with one of the poorest midfield displays since basel.
  • Upvote 1

I don't know how you can say that. We were 1 goal from winning and Coutinho is a better player than henderson, can and Wijnaldum. Of course some decent defending would have helped (I'm not sure one single defender fixes all ills), but I can't see how you can dismiss the contribution Coutinho can bring, especially with one of the poorest midfield displays since basel.

Fair play but the piss poor midfield scored 3 goals the piss poor defending conceded 3;goals

Also, Spurs seem like they're about to sign Davinson Sanchez. How is he not a CB target of ours? His potential is extremely high.

He was the only bright spot of that Europa League final. Bit rash but an absolute beast and won't get bullied by some of the yard dogs in this league. I think Spurs are paying 35m.

I don't know why Klopp and Rodgers are/were against using a proper defensive midfielder when we have persistently conceded goals under both. We also can't keep hold of the ball long enough and even when we are in the lead we invite pressure back onto us.

Even when we went 3-2 up we still had enough time to invite them back into the game.

They all play for Southampton. They have the exclusive rights on tall defenders. To compensate, today in injury time we brought on a boy, who was tall. He gave away a stupid foul, as boys do being played out of position, and that pressure led to their equaliser. 2 points dropped. But don't worry everyone, it's a fine squad and only Southampton have keys to solve out problems.

Fucking dead on and all the fucking apologists for the shambles that is our defence both how it is set up and the personnel that make it up need to wake up and get a fucking grip...

None more so than Jurgen Klopp

• Upvote 1

“As a manager of a football club, I have bosses. That decide, for example, just in general, if we sell a player or we don't sell him. Then I have to accept it.

“If they don't sell him, then I am not involved any more. I'm responsible for all of our players, not just one or two or three, but all of them.

“I can't say anything about it, the only thing is I work with the players I have. That's what I'm always doing.

“How can it change something for me? I didn't make the decision.

“You have to ask the club. I didn't see the club insiders today. You have to ask them.

“I don't think (it changes anything). It was pretty clear what the club said about it. That's all.”

So, whatever happened to Klopp having the last word on transfers? Also got to love how the offal reports the whole post-match conference except for that bit above. Cunts.

I don't know why Klopp and Rodgers are/were against using a proper defensive midfielder when we have persistently conceded goals under both. We also can't keep hold of the ball long enough and even when we are in the lead we invite pressure back onto us.

Even when we went 3-2 up we still had enough time to invite them back into the game.

Rather see him take Pochettino's/Rafa's approach and use two. The play moves so quickly in that area that one isn't enough, even if it was someone like Casemiro or Kante. 

Rather see him take Pochettino's/Rafa's approach and use two. The play moves so quickly in that area that one isn't enough, even if it was someone like Casemiro or Kante. 

I think it was Ranieri who answered when asked about formations that they played three in midfield; Drinkwater in the centre and Kanté left and right.

“As a manager of a football club, I have bosses. That decide, for example, just in general, if we sell a player or we don't sell him. Then I have to accept it.

“If they don't sell him, then I am not involved any more. I'm responsible for all of our players, not just one or two or three, but all of them.

“I can't say anything about it, the only thing is I work with the players I have. That's what I'm always doing.

“How can it change something for me? I didn't make the decision.

“You have to ask the club. I didn't see the club insiders today. You have to ask them.

“I don't think (it changes anything). It was pretty clear what the club said about it. That's all.”

So, whatever happened to Klopp having the last word on transfers? Also got to love how the offal reports the whole post-match conference except for that bit above. Cunts.

Some people will still say he has the final word on in and outs.

• Upvote 3