You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Summer 2017 Transfer Thread

Anubis

The only option we have is just stop going.

This is it! That would work, but the problem is you have to get everybody to buy in to it! It's no good getting 10000 people not to go to home games, it has to be at least 45000, plus almost empty away ends when we're away!

The problem is you'd never get that many to do it!

This is it! That would work, but the problem is you have to get everybody to buy in to it! It's no good getting 10000 people not to go to home games, it has to be at least 45000, plus almost empty away ends when we're away!

You'ii get the lads who have followed them all there life but I doubt you'd get the Souvenir bag carrying Selfie taking half and half scarf wearing brigade on side mate,they'ii be right on to Thomas cook on the Monday demanding a refund because some people where demonstrating.

But when are we?

When the window closes, VVD's at Chelsea, articles start coming out that Klopp's not happy with things and we're getting bummed in either European competition.

Once the rumours of a split with the owners start, there won't be much that'll stop the momentum. People generally tend to choose to believe that kind of thing, or even will vilify the manager as a stooge for defending the owners. 

I still reckon we'll avert it by having a half decent end to the transfer window though, but Coutinho's cuntishness hasn't helped.

• Upvote 1

When the window closes, VVD's at Chelsea, articles start coming out that Klopp's not happy with things and we're getting bummed in either European competition.

Once the rumours of a split with the owners start, there won't be much that'll stop the momentum. People generally tend to choose to believe that kind of thing, or even will vilify the manager as a stooge for defending the owners.

I still reckon we'll avert it by having a half decent end to the transfer window though, but Coutinho's cuntishness hasn't helped.

Many will turn on the manager before they do FSG.
  • Upvote 1

Give the ball to N'Gog near the goal, it's going in.

It's easy to mock John Henry for that one, but was it a lack of knowledge about N'Gog's goal scoring talents or an accurate take on how easy it was to cut through our midfield and defence once N'Gog lost the ball?

I don't think even the most optimistic supporter would defend the club if the window closed with Coutinho going and no replacement being brought in and nothing being done on the VVD and Keita fronts (I am talking at least another centre half and midfielder in those two's place)

A window where that ends up being the case and where Salah alone would represent our first team starter business would be a fucking disaster of a window - one where we will have come out of it weaker than when we went it and done so with CL footy (qualifier permitting) the supposed key to attracting better and keeping your best players.

The thing is it is pretty likely isn't it.

So, any sign of this FSG statement at 11? Cant see anything on the offal. Phil's gone as far as Im concerned. barcelona give us £150m cash and he can go. Never been one to keep someone at the club if they dont want to be here.

Fuck Phil. Fuck Barca.

He stays UNLESS we get his replacement sorted first.

I don't trust either Klopp or FSG any more.

And if Barca want him £150m or fuck off.

If Barca don't pay that, let the little cunt rot in the reserves for a year, fine the fuck out of him every week and fuck up his world cup place.

And there's thousand will take our place.

I'm not quite sure we're at the buoycotting stage lads.

To be honest brownie, it's not just a question of boycott, it's a question of just not being arsed with it anymore, it's not just this one issue, it's all of it. It's fucking soul destroying watching a team that just accepts not competing. This isn't a sport anymore, it's just a show, with a bunch of walking billboards prancing about. If it wasn't for the fact you could never get your ticket back, there'd be thousands walk away I reckon. I mostly go to see the lads and have a pint. It's becoming an expensive shit pint.

So where is this 11am statement then?

Pffft

No idea, all I know is I am deffo going to believe the same sources when they say Klopp and FSG hate each other and FSG are trying to sell Coutinho, and trust them on what's going on in transfers, then I'm going to slag people off based on it.

To be honest brownie, it's not just a question of boycott, it's a question of just not being arsed with it anymore, it's not just this one issue, it's all of it. It's fucking soul destroying watching a team that just accepts not competing. This isn't a sport anymore, it's just a show, with a bunch of walking billboards prancing about. If it wasn't for the fact you could never get your ticket back, there'd be thousands walk away I reckon. I mostly go to see the lads and have a pint. It's becoming an expensive shit pint.

I don't even go any more mate because i'm in the same boat as you, it's more of a social thing for me but it's just too expensive, especially considering it's a 300 mile round trip.

My lad's 6 now and will be ready to go from next season I reckon so i'll probably get my ST back then and evolve from a social thing with the lads to something to do with my son.

You'ii get the lads who have followed them all there life but I doubt you'd get the Souvenir bag carrying Selfie taking half and half scarf wearing brigade on side mate,they'ii be right on to Thomas cook on the Monday demanding a refund because some people where demonstrating.

That's pretty scathing and somewhat uncalled for.