You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Trent Alexander Arnold

Arl arse

We actually looked most dangerous when he deigned to overlap on the right during a spell in the second half, but for a while around the 70 minute mark, he was almost playing at left back. Very odd, as was the way we didn't target Everton's left when Mykolenko was hobbling towards the end of the first half. I appreciate he's not long back from a lengthy injury, but this inverted full back tactic has to die. It doesn't help the team, and neuters Salah who was completely isolated for much of the game last night.

I think Trent is our most talented player, our biggest asset that pretty much any team in the world would want. No fucking way should we even contemplate selling him, it would be madness. That said, his defending for their 2nd goal was like a school boy. 

I'd be selling him this summer, but got a feeling he's going on a free the one after.

He doesn't look like he's interested in doing the dirty work and whether he plays in midfield or right back there's dirty work involved (or there should be) and that's under any manager.

2 minutes ago, Colonel Bumcunt said:

The closest thing there is to KDB in terms of chance creation. 

Any other manager builds a midfield around him. 

Chances are he doesn't sign a new contract now, let's be really honest here. 

KDB works really fucking hard and is always switched on to what's going on around him. Can you say the same about Trent?

14 minutes ago, Colonel Bumcunt said:

The closest thing there is to KDB in terms of chance creation. 

Any other manager builds a midfield around him. 

Chances are he doesn't sign a new contract now, let's be really honest here. 

No other real similarities though. KDB is a proper midfielder, he puts in a shift too. Trent goes missing when the going gets tough and I have my doubts he can play in midfield effectively. Might as well give him a try for a few games though since Endo, Jones and Szob have all fallen off a cliff in terms of their form.

I’m baffled as to how people can still be watching him game in game out and just completely wipe from their memory every few minutes the complete lazy shite that he does.  To say we absolutely need to give him a new contract is comical.  He’s the biggest problem in the team and has been for years.  It’s okay saying put him in midfield but he literally doesn’t move.  When the ball is dropping in our box to their players he’s on the turn running away gambling that it will fall to us which is completely pointless anyway because if it does fall to us he starts walking into the middle of the pitch where he just bounces the pass backwards or can’t receive it in the first place because he’s stood behind an opposition player.

The amount of times last night where he was just stood next to somebody with the ball or in a completely pointless position where he just played a pointless 5 yard pass was ridiculous.

If he signs a new contract then we will have completed our conversion into being Arsenal as he will be our Ozil.  He will end up getting countless managers sacked before somebody with some balls comes along and tries to force him out despite nobody wanting to pay the ridiculous wages we will be paying him.  He will be in a for a shock at any club he turns up at.  I’m praying it’s Madrid.

• Upvote 1

29 minutes ago, A Red said:

I think Trent is our most talented player, our biggest asset that pretty much any team in the world would want. No fucking way should we even contemplate selling him, it would be madness. That said, his defending for their 2nd goal was like a school boy. 

It's nothing less then shambolic.

How is it even possible to leave Calvert Lewin with a free header 5 yards from goal? Fight for it you lazy coward!

He's a real talent but where do we play him? He can't defend so RB should be out of the question. He can't play as a no 6 as he can't tackle a fish pudding. Attack? Nah...

It's frustrating to have such a good player but nowhere to play him.

• Upvote 1

5 minutes ago, JustTosh said:

How is it even possible to leave Calvert Lewin with a free header 5 yards from goal? Fight for it you lazy coward!

He's a real talent but where do we play him? He can't defend so RB should be out of the question. He can't play as a no 6 as he can't tackle a fish pudding. Attack? Nah...

I would play him as an attacking midfielder with 1 central striker ahead of him (not Nunez) bit like Gerrard behind Torres. Behind him Macallister and behind him a holding midfielder (not Endo)

5 minutes ago, A Red said:

I would play him as an attacking midfielder with 1 central striker ahead of him (not Nunez) bit like Gerrard behind Torres. Behind him Macallister and behind him a holding midfielder (not Endo)

How many goals is he scoring in that position?

18 minutes ago, JustTosh said:

Aside from occasional free kicks and Hollywood passes, it sounds like we're talking about a fairly average performer, who gets too many hall passes because he's "local".  

Perhaps.

6 minutes ago, s(k)aturation said:

Aside from occasional free kicks and Hollywood passes, it sounds like we're talking about a fairly average performer, who gets too many hall passes because he's "local".  

Perhaps.

Oh yeah the same theory that means Curtis Jones gets slagged off more because he’s local. Or, oh no wait.

I haven't just plucked goals and assists off a goals tree, its a fully costed proposal that would massively improve the quality of life and prosperity of Reds the world over.