You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

ISIS - To Attack or Not?

Guest Numero Veinticinco

3 hours ago, TK421 said:

You just seem to be approaching it with such a heavy handed manner; maximum jail time, maximum this and that, without knowing anything about the facts of the case.  

In my view, at the age of 15, she is a victim in all of this and society has failed her.  We owe her a duty to try and salvage something of a normal life and make sure the unborn child's interests are prioritised. 

If she came back after a week that would be fair. She didn't though, as a adult she will charged with being a member of a terrorist organisation and she will go to jail. Given the chance I'd say the majority in that refugee camp would choose a British prison over their current accommodation. 

1 minute ago, No2 said:

If she came back after a week that would be fair. She didn't though, 

Yeah pretty sure had she just said "lads, this is a bit of a shit hole and your all loons" they've have driven her to the Turkish border for the first flight home. 

58 minutes ago, Lee909 said:

To be fair to her if she doesn't like beans her full English would be egg on toast. Not sure she would go for a plate of sausages, bacon and black pudding

There are veggie breakfasts. I’m not having that as an excuse.

19 minutes ago, TK421 said:

I don't think that's a foregone conclusion by any means, despite the bluster of Javid et al. 

I'd be confident the British justice system will find a way by hook or by crook to lock her up. In this case I don't they will need to resort to creative measures, her interview there alone is enough to prove she was a part of an illegal organisation. 

1 minute ago, No2 said:

I'd be confident the British justice system will find a way by hook or by crook to lock her up. In this case I don't they will need to resort to creative measures, her interview there alone is enough to prove she was a part of an illegal organisation. 

I wouldn't be surprised if there have been zero successful prosecutions of people like her returning from Syria.  So if she is sent to jail, it could be a first. 

1 hour ago, Lee909 said:

Yeah pretty sure had she just said "lads, this is a bit of a shit hole and your all loons" they've have driven her to the Turkish border for the first flight home. 

You are correct, so in the absence of that possibility maybe some recognition that she would have liked to do that 3 years ago rather wait until the whole thing fell apart before heading for the exit.

2 hours ago, Lee909 said:

I don't think Rogan is balanced anymore

A few years back maybe, but these days he just talks over anyone not agreeing with him gives platforms to some major dickheads who he seems to agree with with the easy ride he gives them. Stopped listening a while back, only pick out a podcast if it's someone interesting. 

Agreed. He comes across as very pretentious and up himself. That mike Tyson episode was horrible. My favourite bit was when cus d’amato came up and rogan then went on to tell iron mike what he was like for 10 minutes. Or when Tom segura talked to joe rogan about Mike Tyson as if he wasn’t even there

23 minutes ago, Babb'sBurstNad said:

The general public. It helps legitimise the notion that bombing the buggery out of places works. 

And you think it doesn't? That would be news to Assad, French and British air forces in Lybia, Iraqi army in Mosul, Kurds in Raqqa etc.  

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

1 hour ago, SasaS said:

And you think it doesn't? That would be news to Assad, French and British air forces in Lybia, Iraqi army in Mosul, Kurds in Raqqa etc.  

I'd say, at best, it's brought mixed results, and helped sanitise the process of killing people, so we're less reticent to enter into an interventionist mindset. One that has the potential to destabilise entire regions, as our forward planning in the middle east is essentially the equivalent of tyrant whack-a-mole.

14 minutes ago, Babb'sBurstNad said:

I'd say, at best, it's brought mixed results, and helped sanitise the process of killing people, so we're less reticent to enter into an interventionist mindset. One that has the potential to destabilise entire regions, as our forward planning in the middle east is essentially the equivalent of tyrant whack-a-mole.

It works militarily is what I mean, if you want to defeat an enemy, bombing the shit out of the said enemy works. ISIS was militarily defeated by a coordinated effort on and off the battlefield, and I don't see any other way of dealing with them.

Now, propaganda effort would probably focus on stories how great life is now they are defeated, not so much on them wanting to get back because they are defeated. Dream of the Islamic State is dead, they will have to regroup and resurface, probably in the northern Iraq as the Sunny or one of the Sunny factions, which would not be so appealing to westerners.

• Upvote 1

6 hours ago, Captain Turdseye said:

It wasn’t actually, no.

I suspect that you’re a tad racist and I’m absolutely certain that you’re a cunt but it was aimed at the biggest, baddest racist on the forum. 

This biggest baddest racism on the forum, do you think he might be a bit of a headcase?