You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Georginio Wijnaldum

Unrighteous

I think Vlad was spot on earlier. He's a modern day water carrier, but not the star. This is not to damn him with faint praise. He has a lot of athleticism, more strength than meets the eye, good technique and stamina to keep going all day. He usually gives it simple and is available for a pass. I think he can weigh in with a few more goals, and that will probably come, but for me he's well worth his place in the squad, and he has done well enough this year, with room for improvement.

I saw his shot today that hit the bar from outside the area, leading to Coutinho's goal. That was a seriously good show of skill. That goes in, it's up there as contender for goal of the season.

Yep. Great technique, outside of the right, looping, swerving, dipping.

Yeah, but he's had about 20 other shots this season that have been as useful as a wet fart.

Good squad option but should be nowhere near the first 11 next year. Kieta, coutinho and Lallana please.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Downvote 1

Like I said, well worth his place in the squad. If we strengthen the midfield in the summer then for him to be in the side next season, with everyone fit and firing. you would have to think he will need to show a bit more. But for now he's doing well enough. He's played his part in an improving Liverpool team.

I'd give him 7/10 for the season.

• Upvote 1

Like I said, well worth his place in the squad. If we strengthen the midfield in the summer then for him to be in the side next season, with everyone fit and firing. you would have to think he will need to show a bit more. But for now he's doing well enough. He's played his part in an improving Liverpool team.

I'd give him 7/10 for the season.

I'd rate him a 5.

I wasn't for this signing, but I must say he's been decent. A very good goal today, and overall 6 goals and 9 assists are decent numbers for a centre mid. I don't want to flog a dead horse, but the man he replaced.. Joe Allen in four seasons for us, scored 5 goals and made 2 assists... to put then into perspective.

I wasn't for this signing, but I must say he's been decent. A very good goal today, and overall 6 goals and 9 assists are decent numbers for a centre mid. I don't want to flog a dead horse, but the man he replaced.. Joe Allen in four seasons for us, scored 5 goals and made 2 assists... to put then into perspective.

Upgrade on Allen that also needs to be upgraded

Guest Pistonbroke

You could see the difference once he managed to score. He's not good enough for our club if we want to go places imo. He'd look decent in a team that dominates games a lot and scores for fun, he's pretty much useless if you are in a battle. 

He did plenty of battling at Stamford Bridge.  Just don't think he's suited to having to sit deep, pressing high he's as good as anyone in the squad.  6 goals, 11 assists, mixed performances in a number of roles.  Looking forward to seeing how he can improve next season.

That was Clyne you big racist.

There's a non zero chance that I am the big racist here.

I'm sure it was headed down by number 5. I'm pretty sure it was Wijnaldum and not Clyne.

I have to admit that while I really do like Gini for his goal contribution (both goals and assists), there are definitely times where he just utterly disappears in games.

However, that goal yesterday was so vital, and scored at just the time when we absolutely needed it, that I suspect I'll forgive quite a lot of quiet games in the near future.

Also, if we successfully bring Keita or someone similar in, and are planning on Phil playing a bunch in midfield, then he would probably be the one to drop to the bench.  Having midfield options like Henderson and Wijnaldum on the bench is really quite good; just a couple of seasons ago players at that level would have been among the best players in our team.

tl/dr: While I would be concerned about Gini as a fixture in our starting lineup, as a backup CM he'll be absolutely brilliant.  One of those players who you'd look at on the bench and think "yeah, he can come in here and change the game with a run that bursts into the box."