You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Sadio Mane

Paco

Former Liverpool striker Sadio Mane has broken his silence after he married '19-year-old' Aisha Tamba in Senegal last weekend.

While little is known about Mane's new wife, there were conflicting reports about her age, including claims she was 26, but it is understood she is 19 years old.

Mane has now broken his silence on their wedding, laughing off any jokes about their marriage.

"Honestly, I am happy [with] the fact the president has congratulated me just as much as, well, I would say not just my team-mates," he said on Tuesday while speaking with local media.

"I think that all the people have congratulated me and wished me [luck] so I am happy and I hope that it'll be okay."

Mané also made light of jokes surrounding his marriage to his 19-year-old wife.

Aisha Tamba: 6 fascinating things to know about Sadio Mane's Beautiful wife  - Pulse Sports Nigeria

Aisha Tamba and Sadio Mane's love story has been shrouded in secrecy for years. 

The revelation of their love story adds a touch of mystery to their union, leaving fans intrigued and eager to learn more about the moments that transpired behind closed doors, as it is still unknown when their relationship began.

However, the 31-year-old Teranga Lions star is understood to have been secretly courting his bride since his Liverpool days, amid false rumours linking him to popular UK-based South African football journalist, Melissa Reddy.

Her father revealed her daughter and the Al Nassr star usually communicated traditionally by sending letters.

Pulse Sports gathered that Mane had since made a vow to marry Aisha from the very day they started dating, as revealed by her father, who has nothing but respect and love for the famous footballer.

It also understood that Mane ensured her education and her family was well taken care of while engaging in philanthropic deeds in his hometown, Bambali. 

Aisha Tamba

2 hours ago, Bjornebye said:

Hang on is she 26 or 16? 

A man in his 30's fancying a 16 year old isn't lust, it's a fetish. Weird. 

Always thought he was a brick short of a full load to be honest, different cultures etc etc. 

2 hours ago, Bjornebye said:

Hang on is she 26 or 16? 

A man in his 30's fancying a 16 year old isn't lust, it's a fetish. Weird. 

Except he was in his late 20’s when she was 16 (and that assumes she’s only 19 now). 

Just now, Bjornebye said:

How old is she then Aws?

No idea but one report says 19 and one says 26. You seemed to assume he was a man in his 30’s fancying a girl of 16 which doesn’t seem to be the case. 

Just now, aws said:

No idea but one report says 19 and one says 26. You seemed to assume he was a man in his 30’s fancying a girl of 16 which doesn’t seem to be the case. 

Yeah, a man in his 30's. So if she IS 16 it's weird. I doubt she's 16. Stop caring so much. 

Just now, Bjornebye said:

Yeah, a man in his 30's. So if she IS 16 it's weird. I doubt she's 16. Stop caring so much. 

I don’t care a bit.  You seemed a bit perturbed by an allegation in the Daily Mail that even they have backed away from.  

On 11/01/2024 at 10:24, Bjornebye said:

How old is she then Aws?

Sadio Mane's new wife Aisha Tamba says she is determined to remain humble and won't be changed by the fame and wealth of her husband.

Aisha, 18, married the 31-year-old former Liverpool forward in an Islamic arranged marriage ceremony in Keur Massar, near Dakar, Senegal on Januray 7th. The arranged marriage instantly caused a stir on social media, with Aisha now set to swap her life living with up to 30 relatives in Dakar for living with Mane in Saudi Arabia, where he plays for Al-Nassr alongside Cristiano Ronaldo.

Speaking through a relative, Aisha said: "I am looking forward to my new life and I know that it will be very different. But I do not feel any pressure because Sadio’s fame and money will not change me. This is not what I’m interested in. I will remain a humble person committed to my faith.

6 minutes ago, TheHowieLama said:

There is no issue if you respect his culture is there?

You can respect a culture and find part of that culture unpalatable based on your own personal morality.

There are plenty of practices that are 'allowed' based on culture/legality that should be abolished.

• Upvote 1

9 minutes ago, TheHowieLama said:

And there are some that should be abolished for the betterment and safety of those that suffer at the hands of them.

Or do you think that organisations such as 'GirlsNotBrides' or 'EndFGM' are illegitimate and that the preservation of religion/culture should trump all which seems like a dangerous path to go down.

religion/culture should trump all 

It's the same conversation that is being had in multiple threads on both Forums.

Nose in or butt out -- or only in certain instances - ie. morality/natural resources?

As for this specifically I would suggest that it is an example of a culture being affected by others morality.

They obviously went to great pains to hide it until she was of age - seems obvious why. There are no suggestions by anyone - Father included - that there were any physical relations.

TBH the comparisons to the two organizations you mentioned are well wide of the mark in this case imo.

16 minutes ago, TheHowieLama said:

TBH the comparisons to the two organizations you mentioned are well wide of the mark in this case imo.

It's the next logical step to the presupposition that culture/religion trumps all and if that's the case then nothing done in accordance with cultural/religious teaching is off limits (assuming it's actually in line with religious teachings instead of just done in the name of a deity, or done under the guise of religion, by a subset of individuals).

It's why I'd draw a distinction between those organisations and organisations fighting for people who's suffered at the hands of catholic priests or organisations trying to protect homeless kids in India from abuse and trafficking.

But you're right, it's a broader GF type discussion rather than one to be had in a thread specifically about Sadio Mane.

8 minutes ago, TheHowieLama said:

They obviously went to great pains to hide it until she was of age - seems obvious why.

Because he was plying his trade in the West, where paying for a 15 year old girl to be educated until she's old enough to marry you would probably not be viewed sympathetically.