You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Sadio Mane

Paco

4 minutes ago, Strontium said:

Because he was plying his trade in the West, where paying for a 15 year old girl to be educated until she's old enough to marry you would probably not be viewed sympathetically.

Yea, thassa why I said

it is an example of a culture being affected by others morality.

16 minutes ago, TheHowieLama said:

The next step to mitigate "culture/religion trumping all" is governmental regulation?

Shouldn't individual rights be that step?

It's whatever best solves the 'problem', whatever that problem may be, the idea that you can't evolve beyond ideas written thousands of years ago doesn't seem the best solution.

Again though, like you said, probably not the thread for that.

7 minutes ago, SasaS said:

I don't get the nonce bit   if this is an arranged marriage and it seems it is, there was no relationship and no one probably even asked her anything.

Schoolyard (Dark?, Gallows?) humour rather than a serious accusation in almost all (if not all) cases I would imagine

Marriage is available in England and Wales to both opposite-sex and same-sex couples and is legally recognised in the forms of both civil and religious marriage. Marriage laws have historically evolved separately from marriage laws in other jurisdictions in the United Kingdom. There is a distinction between religious marriages, conducted by an authorised religious celebrant, and civil marriages, conducted by a state registrar. The legal minimum age to enter into a marriage in England and Wales is 18 since 27 February 2023.[1] Previously the minimum age of marriage was 16, with parental permission (Age of Marriage Act 1929). This also applies to civil partnerships.[1]

4 hours ago, Fugitive said:

Pretty sure the Muslims don’t allow sex before marriage but I’m not exactly clear on their stance regarding fingering. 

If you've been done for stealing something in Saudi, there's very little chance of that.

• Upvote 1

• 3 months later...

This has been a very good week for Sadio's legacy. Many of the mentality monsters are still here but they have looked and performed like they're scared.

I've always thought Sadio was our physical leader, he set the tone, straight from the kick off he was smashing someone, now we look like conceding from every kick off.  He would have filled his boots this week with the chances we created.

• Upvote 3

6 minutes ago, No2 said:

This has been a very good week for Sadio's legacy. Many of the mentality monsters are still here but they have looked and performed like they're scared.

I've always thought Sadio was our physical leader, he set the tone, straight from the kick off he was smashing someone, now we look like conceding from every kick off.  He would have filled his boots this week with the chances we created.

Mane used to miss fucking loads of sitters.

If we're pining for forner players, Rush or Fowler would have been a better bet.

If he had said he was a great finisher and we were missing that aspect of his game that would be a good point.

Mane took every challenge personally. Deeply. And held a grudge. That aspect we do not have in any player right now.

18 minutes ago, TheHowieLama said:

If he had said he was a great finisher and we were missing that aspect of his game that would be a good point.

Mane took every challenge personally. Deeply. And held a grudge. That aspect we do not have in any player right now.

We were the better side in the two league games. We didn't need anyone to take anything personally, we just needed someone to stick the ball in the net.

We are now at the potential crisis stage though & need players to stand up although we had one or two full blown crisis when Mane was playing for us so I'm not absolutely certain he would have solved it on his own.

On 15/01/2024 at 18:04, Torvald Utne said:

Poor guy, has to listen to an 18 year old girl chat shit, I can only take it for a few minutes at a time.

And 30 of her relatives !!

I used to struggle when her mother in law stayed for a week.

1 minute ago, Mook said:

We were the better side in the two league games. We didn't need anyone to take anything personally, we just needed someone to stick the ball in the net.

We are now at the potential crisis stage though & we need players to stand up although we had one or two full blown crisis when Mane was playing for us so I'm not absolutely certain he would have solved it on his own.

The misses were a conclusion to a panicked performance. We passed the ball out of play more times this week than we have in 5 years. I've already said he set the tone, he wouldn't have allowed that sloppiness take hold.

2 minutes ago, No2 said:

The misses were a conclusion to a panicked performance. We passed the ball out of play more times this week than we have in 5 years. I've already said he set the tone, he wouldn't have allowed that sloppiness take hold.

Why did he let it take hold in early 2021, when the likes of Burnley & Everton were beating us at home during a wretched spell?

45 minutes ago, Mook said:

Why did he let it take hold in early 2021, when the likes of Burnley & Everton were beating us at home during a wretched spell?

Covid football doesn't justify a response, as far as I'm concerned it didn't happen.

• Upvote 1

There were a lot of fans (not on here and I'm sure most of you that visit other Liverpool platforms or spend some time browsing social media will remember), on his back and giving him plenty of stick in his final season, uttering many of the cliched phrases we've heard plenty of times over with Fab, Hendo etc, and now hearing about Mo.

Miss him for sure, his departure came as somewhat of a shock. It's like that old proverbial saying goes, you never quite know how much you'll miss someone until they're gone.

• Upvote 1

9 minutes ago, Binomial said:

There were a lot of fans (not on here and I'm sure most of you that visit other Liverpool platforms or spend some time browsing social media will remember), on his back and giving him plenty of stick in his final season, uttering many of the cliched phrases we've heard plenty of times over with Fab, Hendo etc, and now hearing about Mo.

Not at the end of it they weren't. 1/3rd of the way through, yea. At the end , no.

9 minutes ago, Lee909 said:

In the league 

Mane 1 goal every 2.17 appearance (90 in 196)

Nunez 1 goal every 2.95(20 in 59)

One played LW one is a CF

Ive said I think Nunez would be better from the left, the stats support it, but the sample is a bit too small to draw any conclusions. 

IMG_0604.jpeg