You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Should Corbyn remain as Labour leader?

Sugar Ape

Should Corbyn remain as Labour leader?  

218 members have voted

1. 1. Should Corbyn remain as Labour leader?

The Tories will definitely take us out, they’re fucked forever if they don’t as their base will never forgive them. We will end up leaving with something very similar to May’s deal probably. That won’t be the end of it though, Farage and his crew will cry foul, and the campaign to rejoin will begin instantly. We will be arguing over this shite for the next 20 years.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Section_31 said:

I'm not fishing or whatever but I still don't get what's antisimetic about accusing Israel of dabbling in British politics. If you changed Israel to Russia or either the USA it wouldn't be an issue would it not? 

Watson and Yvette Cooper have said it is though so it must be true.

Well if playing that card gets them off with continuous war crimes, can you really blame them for continuing to use it. 

Nazi scum. 

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

17 hours ago, Rico1304 said:

I think the bit about the rich hating Corbyn and then swiftly moving to Jews may be more problematic. The whole cabal thing. 

Did anyone "move to Jews"? Or did Willsman say that the Israelis were involved?

Y'know, there's a word for people who conflate the Israeli Government and "the Jews"...

1 hour ago, Section_31 said:

I'm not fishing or whatever but I still don't get what's antisimetic about accusing Israel of dabbling in British politics. If you changed Israel to Russia or either the USA it wouldn't be an issue would it not? 

Watson and Yvette Cooper have said it is though so it must be true.

This.  All fucking day.

There is solid evidence of an agent* of the Israeli Embassy planning a campaign against British politicians and of the then Chair of Labour Friends of Israel discussing large sums of money and a list of names with that agent.  How can it be "anti-Semitic" to draw the dots between those facts?

(*OK, so the Israeli Government have thrown him under the bus since he got caught and they claim he was going rogue.  The same claims were made about the News of the World phone-hackers.  The point is, he did what he did knowing that he worked in a culture in which that sort of behaviour would be rewarded.)

• Upvote 1

Fair to say Corbyn's policy of ambivalence towards a second referendum is going to cost Labour .

Too late now to try to disown Brexit and look both ways.

A quick post about the YouGov poll in Friday’s Times. Topline Westminster voting intention figures are CON 19%, LAB 19%, LDEM 24%, BREXIT 22%.

I was completing YouGov surveys after Remmie posted that you get paid £50 for doing them (failed to mention that you have to complete multiple surveys for about 2 years to get paid), and they stopped asking me to do political surveys after I kept saying I’d vote Labour.

I’d take their surveys with a huge pinch of salt, they were miles out at the last election, so their methods are questionable. Survation were the only ones whose surveys in the run up to the last election bared any resemblance to the actual result. 

• Upvote 2

27 minutes ago, magicrat said:

Fair to say Corbyn's policy of ambivalence towards a second referendum is going to cost Labour .

Too late now to try to disown Brexit and look both ways.

A quick post about the YouGov poll in Friday’s Times. Topline Westminster voting intention figures are CON 19%, LAB 19%, LDEM 24%, BREXIT 22%.

What's not really being reported is that Corbyn's tactics on Brexit brought May down. 

He gave them nothing to fight so they ate each other. 

Personally I don't see how they could or should out Farage Farage by going after that so called working class Brexit vote, but nor do I like the way the usual suspects in the party are trying to again turn it into a voice only for the London liberals.

9 hours ago, Section_31 said:

I'm not fishing or whatever but I still don't get what's antisimetic about accusing Israel of dabbling in British politics.

He said much more than that, though. Bit weird to point at the uncontroversial stuff and ignore the rest of it.

6 hours ago, Vincent Vega said:

I was completing YouGov surveys after Remmie posted that you get paid £50 for doing them (failed to mention that you have to complete multiple surveys for about 2 years to get paid), and they stopped asking me to do political surveys after I kept saying I’d vote Labour.

I’d take their surveys with a huge pinch of salt, they were miles out at the last election, so their methods are questionable. Survation were the only ones whose surveys in the run up to the last election bared any resemblance to the actual result. 

Survation were way out on the European election and YouGov were very close.

7 hours ago, Section_31 said:

What's not really being reported is that Corbyn's tactics on Brexit brought May down. 

He gave them nothing to fight so they ate each other. 

Personally I don't see how they could or should out Farage Farage by going after that so called working class Brexit vote, but nor do I like the way the usual suspects in the party are trying to again turn it into a voice only for the London liberals.

May was on hiding to nothing mate. She was never going to get the majority she needed once the GE blew up in her face. Too many headbangers and no majority. I don't really credit Corbyn for killing her off. 

I've seen a few polls showing Labour Brexiteers being a lot less entrenched than Tory ones. I agree Labour shouln't be trying to outdo Farage. He should be exposed as often as possible for the snake oil salesman he is.

I fear it is almost too late for Labour swing behind a second vote . The Lib Dems whatever you feel about them have the momentum and Remainers will not get behind Corbyn a second time when there is a anti -brexit party ahead in the polls.

I know the Guardian has never been Corbyn's biggest fans but fuck me , five separate negative pieces on him today , they've even got the fat,smug twat from Peep Show pitching in. Not a single negative piece on the Tories or any of the leadership contenders.

On 31/05/2019 at 22:50, Numero Veinticinco said:

It is busted. It’s shit in a lot of ways. Like you, I think it’s too costly to pull out. 

Now, explain how I’m a luvvie who supports austerity and you, who has come around to the same opinion, isn’t. 

My god numero you're very thin skinned, being called a luvvie is hardly the worst insult in the world,  to quote Michael Palin in the life of Brian ' you should spend a day in my shoes mate what I would give to be called a luvvie'

Anyway to try to answer your post. There are a pool of prominent pro EU posters here that seem to jump on any possible anti EU opinion. Scaffolders from Scunthorpe and brickies from barnsley get sneered at. It seems the EU can do no wrong whereas the view in the country is imo more evenly divided and dare I say more open minded.

The EU imo and many others has been a fucking horror show for over a decade. It's condoned austerity and pushed the evil of privatisation,  we can all see the outcome of the Thatcher push to privatise in the eighties, the country has skly high utility bills, service is awful and let's not mention the rail service. It Privatisation is theft and the EU deserves to be scrutinised, here's a article I linked before.

https://corporateeurope.org/en/power-lobbies/2017/11/european-commission-preparing-new-privatisation-push

It's because of issues like the above Ithat stopped me voting to stay in the EU.

The EU expansion into easten Europe is imo an economic ploy to enlarge the European workforce whilst poking a  stick at russia, I give you Poland and Hungary.

Free movement sounds wonderful but in reality it gives bosses a vast array of cheap and ready labour on tap. It's hardly a sin to be sceptical.

The paradox is although Corbyn is also called an 'elitest" a 'luvie' etc his views on the EU are more in tune with the voters in labour heartlands than people give credit.  An example is his caution over the single market. 

However after saying all that  and through gritted teeth Ii may be coming round to to veiw that staying in may at this time be the best option

I'm worried about the lurch to the far right and our alignment with the USA. They seem to have their eyes on the prize and that prize is our health service.

Anyway numero have a good day and fon't take the luvvie to heart it really wasn't meant as an insult as such more a gentle rib tickle. Excuse any grammatical errors I'm on my phone and am a bit of a thick cunt.

1 hour ago, Gnasher said:

My god numero you're very thin skinned, being called a luvvie is hardly the worst insult in the world,  to quote Michael Palin in the life of Brian ' you should spend a day in my shoes mate what I would give to be called a luvvie'

Anyway to try to answer your post. There are a pool of prominent pro EU posters here that seem to jump on any possible anti EU opinion. Scaffolders from Scunthorpe and brickies from barnsley get sneered at. It seems the EU can do no wrong whereas the view in the country is imo more evenly divided and dare I say more open minded.

The EU imo and many others has been a fucking horror show for over a decade. It's condoned austerity and pushed the evil of privatisation,  we can all see the outcome of the Thatcher push to privatise in the eighties, the country has skly high utility bills, service is awful and let's not mention the rail service. It Privatisation is theft and the EU deserves to be scrutinised, here's a article I linked before.

https://corporateeurope.org/en/power-lobbies/2017/11/european-commission-preparing-new-privatisation-push

It's because of issues like the above Ithat stopped me voting to stay in the EU.

The EU expansion into easten Europe is imo an economic ploy to enlarge the European workforce whilst poking a  stick at russia, I give you Poland and Hungary.

Free movement sounds wonderful but in reality it gives bosses a vast array of cheap and ready labour on tap. It's hardly a sin to be sceptical.

The paradox is although Corbyn is also called an 'elitest" a 'luvie' etc his views on the EU are more in tune with the voters in labour heartlands than people give credit.  An example is his caution over the single market. 

However after saying all that  and through gritted teeth Ii may be coming round to to veiw that staying in may at this time be the best option

I'm worried about the lurch to the far right and our alignment with the USA. They seem to have their eyes on the prize and that prize is our health service.

Anyway numero have a good day and fon't take the luvvie to heart it really wasn't meant as an insult as such more a gentle rib tickle. Excuse any grammatical errors I'm on my phone and am a bit of a thick cunt.

Agree.

3 minutes ago, Jairzinho said:

Nope. This is utter, utter bollocks. As you're well aware. Nobody thinks anything close to this.

Well ok that may be a bit of an exaggeration but criticism to the EU on here is very limited. As a  example when i used the eu forth rsil package to flag up the eu pushing more privatisation the EU was defended. 

The  bias in favour of the eu on here is certainly not a true reflection of the country at large, I'm not saying it should be it just isn't.

3 minutes ago, Numero Veinticinco said:

Well, you said 'eu forth rsil package', so I was a little confused. Who 'defended' the EU pushing 'more privatisation'? 

Quite a few, and quite a few do not believe the policy on rail privatisation. Hence the 'How come we got state run railways in Europe then? Blah blah blah.

The EU gets an easy ride on here, especially when you consider it's response to the major events, Greece being the obvious example.