You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Should Corbyn remain as Labour leader?

Sugar Ape

Should Corbyn remain as Labour leader?  

218 members have voted

1. 1. Should Corbyn remain as Labour leader?

Latest Times/YouGov Poll

LD 24

BXP 22

Lab 19

Con 19

I think Corbyn is a sleeper agent infiltrated into Lab by Tory Central Office 40 years ago.

I'm struggling  to explain his incompetence over Brexit any other way

Especially his latest pronouncement

• Upvote 1

On 29/05/2019 at 00:45, moof said:

Jesus fucking Christ. All these crocodile tears for a war criminal. You bad cunts

Stronts has a strong affinity for war criminals.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

36 minutes ago, mattyq said:

Latest Times/YouGov Poll

LD 24

BXP 22

Lab 19

Con 19

While I'm a little sceptical of those figures, under our FPTP system, they would still give Labour almost twice as many seats as the Lib Dems.

1 hour ago, TK421 said:

I think we're just arguing over semantics here and what constitutes a war crime.  I've answered your question to the best of my knowledge and ability, and do not appreciate your sardonic tone.

I only have a lay interest in this and accept the distinction of war crimes vs crimes against peace, as defined following Nuremberg.  I would say that Campbell has a case to answer for in respect of crimes against peace and believe he should be prosecuted on the evidence available. 

No. He's explaining to you why he hasn't committed a war crime. And you, in the depths of your ignorance, have no response.

5 hours ago, Nelly-Torres said:

There's nothing to see here... 

Apart from a speaker at the Board Of Deputies calling for the "sacrifice" (or, if you will, murder) of Jeremy Corbyn. 

Great bunch of lads, etc, etc... 

https://mobile.twitter.com/luqmankhan555/status/1134113618499448835

Have just been looking at who that was. Lionel Kopelowitz, ex-president of the Board, and also ex-president of the European Jewish Congress.

But never mind that, let's just talk about the "tolerant left" instead.

22 minutes ago, Red Phoenix said:

Have just been looking at who that was. Lionel Kopelowitz, ex-president of the Board, and also ex-president of the European Jewish Congress.

But never mind that, let's just talk about the "tolerant left" instead.

You could mention his apology. You know, if you were being fair and balanced.

11 minutes ago, lifetime fan said:

You could criticise him. 

You know, if you were being fair and balanced. 

I didn't mention him in the first place, so there was nothing to balance.

In any case, criticism is superfluous when the person concerned has already made a fulsome apology for his careless language. And besides, I like to leave the one-sided Jew-bashing to those who are more practised at it.

Dehumanising people and calling for their violent death seems to be quite the modus operandi for right wing ultra zionists, so we shouldn't be surprised at the vile calls for Corbyn's murder/to be slaughtered like an animal. 

It's interesting to read that the "shocked and appalled" Louise Ellman was allegedly the next speaker up at the Board Of Deputies shindig. I wonder if she'll do a tour of the countries news networks to condemn what happened? Or will her memory fail her? Again. 

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

39 minutes ago, Strontium Dog said:

You could mention his apology. You know, if you were being fair and balanced.

Yeah sorry for not mentioning that he's now sorry, I'm sure his apology will go a good way in helping this whole thing blow over. Oh wait, it doesn't need to blow over because it's barely even been reported in the first place. Finding out who he actually was ended up being a bit more of a shock than seeing that he'd also apologised.

I shouldn't have even felt the need to post it! It should've been reported properly in the first place.

5 minutes ago, Strontium Dog said:

I didn't mention him in the first place, so there was nothing to balance.

In any case, criticism is superfluous when the person concerned has already made a fulsome apology for his careless language. And besides, I like to leave the one-sided Jew-bashing to those who are more practised at it.

So you just wanted to comment on the topic without criticising someone so obviously in the wrong? 

The point is you never ever provide balance on this topic unless forced to do so. 

• Upvote 1

5 minutes ago, Red Phoenix said:

Yeah sorry for not mentioning that he's now sorry, I'm sure his apology will go a good way in helping this whole thing blow over. Oh wait, it doesn't need to blow over because it's barely even been reported in the first place. Finding out who he actually was ended up being a bit more of a shock than seeing that he'd also apologised.

I wouldn't bother. The weasling out of and the complete inability to find it in himself to condemn somebody who has called for the murder of an MP tells you all you need to know about the kind of person you're dealing with. 

But, hey, suggesting that people shouldn't really advocate murder is apparently "jew-bashing" now. 

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

8 minutes ago, Nelly-Torres said:

I wouldn't bother. The weasling out of and the complete inability to find it in himself to condemn somebody who has called for the murder of an MP tells you all you need to know about the kind of person you're dealing with. 

In fairness to Strontium Dog, like most people here he’s picked his side... he obviously dislikes Corbyn, so he doesn’t *have* to be fair and balanced wrt him. I’m the same with a lot of politicians, I have no interest in being fair and balanced towards loads of them; Boris Johnson, Theresa May, Chuka Ummuna, Nigel Farage, Jeremy Hunt, Wes Streeting, etc in the UK or Tony Abbott in Australia... cos in my view, they’re all massive cunts.

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, lifetime fan said:

So you just wanted to comment on the topic without criticising someone so obviously in the wrong? 

The point is you never ever provide balance on this topic unless forced to do so. 

I was literally providing balance to the topic. If it wasn't for me, you would never have known the elderly gentleman in question had apologised for his clumsy pun.

I mean, it's not like I'm absolving the guy for his comments, as people here did when John McDonnell talked about lynching Esther McVey, for which he still hasn't apologised.

8 minutes ago, Nelly-Torres said:

But, hey, suggesting that people shouldn't really advocate murder is apparently "jew-bashing" now. 

Was fine explaining a bit more about what I thought of it, but can see what you mean. And if being fair and balanced is the main issue here you'd think there'd be a bit more of a concern about the almost complete lack of media coverage. If this was a situation where the whole thing was the other way around it'd be plastered all over the place.

There's some serious hypocrisy going on with this whole thing that's for sure. If he was just some random guy that was speaking I could maybe try and understand the lack of coverage a bit more, but not when the guy has had the positions that he has.

1 minute ago, viRdjil said:

In fairness to Strontium Dog, like most people here he’s picked his side... he obviously dislikes Corbyn, so he doesn’t *have* to be fair and balanced wrt him. I’m the same with a lot of politicians, I have no interest in being fair and balanced towards loads of them; Boris Johnson, Theresa May, Chuka Ummuna, Nigel Farage, Jeremy Hunt, Wes Streeting, etc. cos in my view, they’re massive cunts.

Erm, I'll treat literally everyone and everything in a fair and balanced way. That's the side I've picked - the one that is fair and equitable.

If you want to call anyone unbalanced, you should start with those trying to spin bad jokes about Jeremy Corbyn into death threats. Those are the types who have no interest in being fair.

1 minute ago, Strontium Dog said:

Erm, I'll treat literally everyone and everything in a fair and balanced way. That's the side I've picked - the one that is fair and equitable.

If you want to call anyone unbalanced, you should start with those trying to spin bad jokes about Jeremy Corbyn into death threats. Those are the types who have no interest in being fair.

It wasn’t an attack Strontium Dog. I was merely saying there shouldn’t be any pressure for anyone to be “fair and balanced”. I’m certainly not. I don’t think you are, but I’ll take your word for it. Most people here aren’t. 

Just now, viRdjil said:

In fairness to Strontium Dog, like most people here he’s picked his side... he obviously dislikes Corbyn, so he doesn’t *have* to be fair and balanced wrt him. I’m the same with a lot of politicians, I have no interest in being fair and balanced towards loads of them; Boris Johnson, Theresa May, Chuka Ummuna, Nigel Farage, Jeremy Hunt, Wes Streeting, etc in the UK or Tony Abbott in Australia... cos in my view, they’re all massive cunts.

Agreed.

It's the tedious, entirely transparent, pretence that he's being "fair and balanced" that is so boring.