You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Should Corbyn remain as Labour leader?

Sugar Ape

Should Corbyn remain as Labour leader?  

218 members have voted

1. 1. Should Corbyn remain as Labour leader?

21 hours ago, Section_31 said:

Has anyone posted that vid of the old bloke in the pink kecks saying he should be killed yet?

I've just seen what you were on about (see above).

It's mad. As is the chair not condemning his words, but instead being more concerned about the words being captured on a live stream!

Just now, TK421 said:

His role in the illegal war against Iraq should be prosecuted, in my opinion.

Which war crime, exactly, did he commit? I mean, it’s a fairly strong claim. Surely there’s some specific war crime he has commit for him to be called a war criminal. You say ‘his role’. He, a press secretary, commit what war crime? 

Just now, Numero Veinticinco said:

Which war crime, exactly, did he commit? I mean, it’s a fairly strong claim. Surely there’s some specific war crime he has commit for him to be called a war criminal. You say ‘his role’. He, a press secretary, commit what war crime? 

Those that moof referred to earlier.  There is a prima facie case against Campbell which is more than sufficient to bring a prosecution under principles of international law flowing from Nuremberg. 

Just now, TK421 said:

Those that moof referred to earlier.  There is a prima facie case against Campbell which is more than sufficient to bring a prosecution under principles of international law flowing from Nuremberg. 

No, there isn’t, this is why I’m asking for specifics. I’m asking specifically what he did and which war crime/s he committed, only then can I make a counter argument or accept that he has committed war crimes.

I’d suggest you click the link moof posted, then go to the section below and read about war crimes. 

43 minutes ago, Nelly-Torres said:

I've just seen what you were on about (see above).

It's mad. As is the chair not condemning his words, but instead being more concerned about the words being captured on a live stream!

Wasn't sure who the bloke was, saw some Twitter fume but he just looked like a mental old fella to me.

2 hours ago, Jairzinho said:

No, it doesn't necessarily have to be either. And it certainly doesn't need to be the second one. I honestly thought you were replying to someone else or joking as you'd taken such a bizarre leap.

He could have simply had doubts about the validity of the information. He could have simply realised that certain people wanted war (or, want war all the time). He isn't a fucking imbecile. The idea that he was "duped" is hilarious. Well, it would be if the lying cunt's actions hadn't lead to the deaths of hundreds of thousands of people. 

He knew it was a load of shite, but it was his job to sell the war. To sell a war that would lead to the deaths of hundreds of thousands of people. He's a vile, deceitful, sociopathic, fucking cunt, and if he was from the Middle East, Africa or the Balkans he'd be spending the rest of his life behind bars.

I have zero interest in whether he technically qualifies as a war criminal or not. Due to where he was born, and who he represented, he'd never be found guilty of being one.

You can have doubts about something personally but when your own intelligence agencies are telling you that a nuclear attack could be imminent you tend to go with what's on the table.

You're making a lot of assumptions here. Just because one person sent him a memo saying that the "intelligence and facts may be fixed around the policy" doesn't mean that the intelligence is bullshit. It means that they are pushing an angle to try and get the UN security council to allow the invasion. They are focusing on the threat Saddam imposes.

It's not like Saddam was an honourable man in all this. He committed genocide on his own people by gassing hundreds of thousands of Kurds. He invaded Kuwait illegally and also tried to assassinate George Bush. This man was perpetually and flagrantly in defiance of every UN resolution against him, using trucks to drive armaments away from UN inspectors whenever they'd show up.

35 minutes ago, Numero Veinticinco said:

No, there isn’t, this is why I’m asking for specifics. I’m asking specifically what he did and which war crime/s he committed, only then can I make a counter argument or accept that he has committed war crimes.

I’d suggest you click the link moof posted, then go to the section below and read about war crimes. 

https://www.opendemocracy.net/en/opendemocracyuk/britain-loves-war-criminal/

4 minutes ago, TK421 said:

I guess I’ll read all that and guess at the specifics then? Then it will be easier to say ‘no, that’s not what I meant’. Cool waste of my time. 

Is there, at least, a list of specific war crimes committed by Campbell in that link? 

Just now, Numero Veinticinco said:

I guess I’ll read all that and guess at the specifics then? Then it will be easier to say ‘no, that’s not what I meant’. Cool waste of my time. 

You won't need to guess.  It's perfectly clear in the text and takes five minutes to read.

5 minutes ago, Numero Veinticinco said:

You, as you are the one I’ve been talking to. But you seem completely unwilling to directly answer my question. 

It's my view, shared by the author, that Campbell was complicit in a "common plan or conspiracy" (Nuremberg) relating to "planning, preparation, initiation or waging of a war of aggression" (Nuremberg again).  Due to his role in sexing up the dossier presented to Parliament. 

A dossier of evidence produced before the invasion, in September 2002, declared intelligence had established "beyond doubt" that Iraq's leader Saddam Hussein had continued to produce chemical and biological weapons and was making efforts to develop nuclear weapons.

It also claimed Iraq could deploy biological weapons within 45 minutes of an order to do so.

"We didn't find weapons of mass destruction there and that was the basis by which we went in. so on that basis, we weren't right to go in." (Lord Falconer)

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-scotland-scotland-politics-33198974

4 minutes ago, TK421 said:

It's my view, shared by the author, that Campbell was complicit in a "common plan or conspiracy" (Nuremberg) relating to "planning, preparation, initiation or waging of a war of aggression" (Nuremberg again).  Due to his role in sexing up the dossier presented to Parliament. 

Final time. Which specific war crime did Campbell commit? Because what you’re describing isn’t a war crime. As for the ‘we didn’t find WMDs’... yes, that’s not Campbell committing a war crime. I’ll read the article later and respond in full. 

20 minutes ago, Numero Veinticinco said:

Final time. Which specific war crime did Campbell commit? Because what you’re describing isn’t a war crime. As for the ‘we didn’t find WMDs’... yes, that’s not Campbell committing a war crime. I’ll read the article later and respond in full. 

I think we're just arguing over semantics here and what constitutes a war crime.  I've answered your question to the best of my knowledge and ability, and do not appreciate your sardonic tone.

I only have a lay interest in this and accept the distinction of war crimes vs crimes against peace, as defined following Nuremberg.  I would say that Campbell has a case to answer for in respect of crimes against peace and believe he should be prosecuted on the evidence available.