You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Cricket - Best Seats

Brownie

I'm going to my first cricket match next month (England v Sri Lanka in Durham) and was wondering if anyone has advice on best areas to sit?

I want a decent view but also somewhere with a bit of atmosphere because we're planning on drinking all day and having a good time!

Cheers.

I was going to say the castle side has always been best when I've been if I remember correctly gets Sun most of the day too

This. We watched Stuart Broad's 6 wickets against Australia from the North East stand. We had a great time. My daughter was introduced to men buying her drink. She absolutely loved it.

Cheers lads. I get the feeling that the best view will be shit atmosphere and vice versa so it's hard to know what to go for.

There are no bad views...cover and less atmosphere, open to the elements and the best atmosphere

Try and get behind the bowler's arm if you can. The more at a right angle you are to the stumps the less you can see as a ball whizzes down at 100mph. 

Yeah but this is where the cricket puritans sit, so if you want a mix of atmosphere and a decent view go for 7 minutes past, 22 minutes past or the same on the opposite side. This is a bit of an 'ish' obviously.

Thanks agains lads and lasses.

I've gone for Block 31 which is on the Castle side (it's about 5 past or 10 past on the clock).

Hopefully we'll have the same weather as we've had for the last couple of days!

Yeah. I've got my eye on the 20/20 evening game v Lancashire later in the summer. The picture in my head is fabulous

I saw Warney play for Hampshire against Lancs at Aigburth about 15 years ago. Charged a fiver to get in as the game was near enough over going into that day anyway.

Didn't see Warne bowl unfortunately, but he smashed a few fours. 

I think Flintoff cleaned their tail up.  Me and my mates walked into town after that. Madness.

Can't remember much more, as i'm afraid i was very, very drunk.