You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Summer Transfer Ballache 2016

Bjornebye

Dave O’Connell ‏@DaveOCKOP 6m6 minutes ago

Acc to Croatian source Jutarnji, Klopp identified Dinamo Zagreb teenager Ante Coric as a top target this season and invited him to Liverpool

Big, big talent. Comparable to Halilovic and Kovacic when he was in the Croatian league.

Anfield Leak ‏@AnfieldLeak 8s8 seconds ago

Klopp also wants another centre-half to compete with Dejan Lovren and new recruit Matip. [Chris Bascombe]

Apparently Nastasic could be a target. Bascombe also saying Kolo and Skrtel will leave and that Chilwell will probably happen.

Is Bascombe thinking Sakho is going to serve a long ban, that he is too average to compete in this battle, or he is permanently whacked out on goofballs?

Big blow because all the reliable journo's have pointed towards him being Klopp's number one target. 

If the rumours being bandied about of 180k a week were true, and he still said no, it just shows how difficult it is to attract world-class players to Liverpool these days. 

LFC fans out there, don't get excited about Dahoud. Only an insane amount of money would persuade BMG to sell him after Xhakas departure.[E]

That's Gotze, Dahoud and Dembele we've missed out on so far.

Oh well the committee is still in place and is making signings, thankfully the fans who know everything assured everyone that Klopp would attract players that other managers couldn't.

• Downvote 4

Big blow because all the reliable journo's have pointed towards him being Klopp's number one target.

If the rumours being bandied about of 180k a week were true, and he still said no, it just shows how difficult it is to attract world-class players to Liverpool these days.

That amount would be around what he is on now. When he joined Bayern he was the second highest player at the club. They have renewed players since for more though

Yeah, we may be interested in Dahoud, but we won't get him. 

Also: 

Matt ‏@FalseFirmino 21s22 seconds ago

Gotze's stance will push #LFC to consider other options as Klopp weighs up where to strengthen his squad. (Paul Joyce)

I'm generally just a lurker on this forum but there's only so much more I can take......

Fuck me JP is boring. I'm convinced he's a slow burning WUM who supports another team. How can anyone still be brandishing a Rodgers avatar and not be on a massive wind up?!

This is my last response to one of these kind of posts as even when I prove someone is talking shite they can't accept it.

If it's boring hearing facts and you just want to believe your own opinion which is factually wrong don't come on a forum and just speak to yourself in a mirror.I said Klopp doesn't want to play possession football which he said himself when he took over, I also said he's looking for high energy players who get around the pitch which everyone else has said.

You've got me on the avatar though mate, why would any LFC fan have a picture of an ex player or manager.Anyone doing that is clearly a troll and not a LFC fan.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 6

I want a time machine so we can go back for Steve McMahon.

Bring John Barnes & Peter Beardsley back if you manage to get hold of one. Oh & Stevie Nicol please mate. Have a word with Hansen see if he fancies it as well. I'd ask for Lawrenson too but I really can't stand the prick. So see if Gillespie will have it. Cheers.

I acknowledge the sheer class of Barnes and Beardsley, both of whom rightly get lauded from time to time.

McMahon was maybe a little underappreciated, though. A quality midfielder and a tough bastard. Would love to have his equivalent now.

Dunno about Gotze, that kind of "I'm staying put" quote needs to be taken with a huge pinch of salt given what happened with the likes of Torres and Coutinho.

But, if it is accurate and he's committed himself next season, we have to go for players of a comparative level. Signing a load of anonymous European teenagers and hoping they will live up to the expectations just wouldn't be good enough. 

Dunno about Gotze, that kind of "I'm staying put" quote needs to be taken with a huge pinch of salt given what happened with the likes of Torres and Coutinho.

But, if it is accurate and he's committed himself next season, we have to go for players of a comparative level. Signing a load of anonymous European teenagers and hoping they will live up to the expectations just wouldn't be good enough. 

When you are the 8th best team in your league, you do not play European football and there are 4 clubs in your own league who have more money then you do, it's pretty much impossible to sign proven top class players. People will need to lower their expectations.

It's all well and good to say we need to sign "winners", leaders and established players. The reality is that they won't come.

The last "established" player we were able to sign (Milner) only did so because we offered him exorbitant wages and the chance to play centrally. 

When you are the 8th best team in your league, you do not play European football and there are 4 clubs in your own league who have more money then you do, it's pretty much impossible to sign proven top class players. People will need to lower their expectations.

It's all well and good to say we need to sign "winners", leaders and established players. The reality is that they won't come.

The last "established" player we were able to sign (Milner) only did so because we offered him exorbitant wages and the chance to play centrally.

This is true. Few standout players at Europe's best clubs are going to opt for Liverpool over the usual Manchester or London teams. Therefore, we have to be clever and look for top class elsewhere; there's no reason why we cannot sign players good enough to get us back into contention under the right management, but we're looking more at standout players from the next tier of clubs rather than established superstars from Spain and Germany, currently plying their trade in the Champions League.

• Upvote 1

I think some top-level players would come if we had more ambition than to play them with players just out of nursery with no track record of any success between them.

Klopp probably isn't the manager for you then.
  • Upvote 1