You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Summer Transfer Ballache 2016

Bjornebye

Maccarone might try to curry flavour by signing with us, but his naan will have the final say. From what I've heard, there was a definite saag in his performance levels this season.

Am I doing it right?

He's no Lionel Freshy.

Niang has only scored 5 goals in 47 appearances according to Wiki. 

Anybody watched this cat play?

For Milan. Those figs pretty inflated by about 20 goalless apps when still 18 by the looks of things.  In all comps this season he's had 8 in 17, 5 in 14 while on loan for Genoa last season as well.

Watched him once or twice, he's a bit like Origi - v quick, bit of skill but never totally convincing with it and can pick up a few goals when on form. Ultimately still developing.

I've seen Niang a few times and he caught my eye as having great potential. If we are keeping a fitter Sturridge to be our older striker, with a fast developing Origi to maybe even get the nod over Sturridge, and Ings to return, then there's room for Niang as the fourth choice.

He could develop and in a couple of years it could easily be Origi and Niang as our best two strikers. It's a little gamble, but one that's reasonable given the other forward options we have, even more so if we add Gotze.

Brahimi is a great player. One of the best in the world in terms of dribbling and beating defenders. The rumour is probably false though, as I don't think we would even consider paying his release clause (60m Euros).

He was someone I so wanted us to sign instead of Lallana in 2014. Instead he went to Porto for only 7m Euros.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

Apparently we offered Milan Balotelli for Niang. Turned down. Could see us offering a few million to see the deal done maybe?

Can see Milan playing hardball and wanting him for nothing as they know we just want rid and want his wages off the books. 

That Brahimi video on the page before informs me he is right footed and doesn't score loads. Bottom of the list.

19 in 34 for Yarmolenko this season apparently. Didn't we already sign him a couple of months ago? Gone a bit quiet there.

Not sure. I think Everton are pretending to sign him.

72 points was enough for Leicester to win the league, if only the Benteke money had gone on a half decent striker.

He's a decent striker, but clearly the completely wrong choice for us in terms of style. At least we'll get some money back for him.