You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

January Transfer Window 2016

aRdja

I think Philippe would have scored today, personally. Two big game players out in him and Sturridge and it's no wonder why we failed to score. Add Origi who was started to cause all sorts of problems and Ings who was settling in and it's not really a mystery why we're so toothless up front.

I'm not really questioning the quality of the players themselves more the fact that it's worrying If Klopp is getting players forced on him. I might be wrong but he's regularly said he's still getting used to watching other premier league teams he didn't know too well and I can't imagine he said get me long and caulker. No disrespect to them.

• Upvote 2

Does Long offer us a decent goal return? He's been good this season but isn't he a 10 chances to score 1 kind of striker. Him and Ings would seem to occupy the same spot in the squad and if it takes £3m or £4m extra to roll the dice on an unknown quantity from abroad with a bigger potential upshot then we should do that. 

I started thinking about how I'd react if rival premier league teams signed the players we do (or are trying to). If Chelsea,City,Arsenal,United signed Long,Caulker,Lambert et al I would be laughing my bollocks off thinking 'what the fuck are they thinking, it's only downhill for them'. But if Palace,West Ham,Watford etc, signed them I'd be thinking 'hmm not bad players, it's about their level'. Sadly our aspirations seem to be closer to the latter group now.

I don't expect us to be competing for the elite level of player but we should be spending all our money on trying to buy the next Suarez or the next Coutinho etc. Not just spunking all our money on players who might slightly improve us (which isn't hard at the moment).

It's not the fault of the above players, it's more just them being the straw that broke the camels back after years of mismanagement by us.

• Upvote 1

I think they have a database of players with different attributes like for caulker they would have age height premier league appearances headers won etc and caulkers names come up.

same with long it ll be goals per game ratio, assists, km per game covered, tackles made all the sort of shit klopp wants from a forward. at 29 he doesnt fit that fsg model of buying young. if he can be amything like ings looked he can be decent for us. 8m rejected is way more than I d be prepared to pay but I d love an irishman playing for us.