You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Klopp interview / press conference thread

Arl arse

Since taking over Liverpool have been defeated only once in 10 games under Klopp yet the German showed his perfectionism when considering whether this constituted a good start. “Sometimes I would like to change my personality but I can’t forget this fucking loss against Crystal Palace, if we won this then I would say OK,”

That's pure Shankly

tumblr_nyovgtvVmQ1ruzhcvo3_500.gif

Since taking over Liverpool have been defeated only once in 10 games under Klopp yet the German showed his perfectionism when considering whether this constituted a good start. “Sometimes I would like to change my personality but I can’t forget this fucking loss against Crystal Palace, if we won this then I would say OK,”

That's pure Shankly

• Upvote 6

The media are desperate for him to make a Brendan style "judge me in three years" comment they can put in their lockers.  It seems every time he's interviewed he's asked what his assessment of the first few months are and how long he'll take to turn things around etc.  Loved his dismissal on Sky last night, I'm paraphrasing but it was essentially "we play again in 4 days so I don't have the time to do these assessments, I'll leave that to you"

Great stuff

• Upvote 1

Anyone feel like they want  Brendan back. 

I almost hate feeling this happy about the club, about the direction its headed. Excitement about what the club can do in the next few years. Excited to see which players he can bring in. Pride in the manager. Havent had this feeling in 10 years.

Imagine what its going to be like when he gets Anfield rocking again, because believe me step by step he's re awakening this football club. And when he does and when he works out a system to unpick the packed defences we come up against at Home.

This Juggernaut will be unstoppable.

• Upvote 6

The more you watch these PCs the more you think, do these idiots actually get paid to go there and ask these questions. I'm not sure how long it's been like this because I've not watched PCs in years.

As the managers have to do these wouldn't it be great if they submitted their questions and then the manager decided what to answer, leaving the fucking stupid ones out. PCs would then last less than a minute.

• Upvote 1

The more you watch these PCs the more you think, do these idiots actually get paid to go there and ask these questions. I'm not sure how long it's been like this because I've not watched PCs in years.

As the managers have to do these wouldn't it be great if they submitted their questions and then the manager decided what to answer, leaving the fucking stupid ones out. PCs would then last less than a minute.

They'd be very short press conferences if they left out the stupid questions out!

• Upvote 1

It's getting embarrassing now, and it looks like it's starting to test his patience.

I was just reading an interview with Ian MacKaye the other day which sums it up nicely: "As a journalist, I would encourage you to not ask questions about how things feel. Those questions are really difficult to answer and I think that they ultimately usually provoke clichés".

Sadly, these pressers are just a room full of people looking for easy copy and a headline, which doesn't come from asking specifics about tactics. "Klopp subtly changes formation" isn't very catchy, so instead they go fishing for "Klopp backs under fire McClaren" or such like.

You can see why Pochettino chose not to speak English for a long time.

• Upvote 6

I can't watch the pressers already, cos of the questions.

I usually keep a lid on things but lads, fuck it, we've got someone special on our hands.

Apparently I've been a more pleasant guy to be around recently.

I'm fucking chuffed, I've watched football for a fair while, and I am happy.

• Upvote 2

I can't watch the pressers already, cos of the questions.

I usually keep a lid on things but lads, fuck it, we've got someone special on our hands.

Apparently I've been a more pleasant guy to be around recently.

I'm fucking chuffed, I've watched football for a fair while, and I am happy.

This.

He's made me love footy again, his charisma and attitude are infectious. Must be ace to play for him.

Oh what I'd give for a hug.

• Upvote 2

Anyone feel like they want  Brendan back. 

I almost hate feeling this happy about the club, about the direction its headed. Excitement about what the club can do in the next few years. Excited to see which players he can bring in. Pride in the manager. Havent had this feeling in 10 years.

Imagine what its going to be like when he gets Anfield rocking again, because believe me step by step he's re awakening this football club. And when he does and when he works out a system to unpick the packed defences we come up against at Home.

This Jurgenaut will be unstoppable.

Fixed

This.

He's made me love footy again, his charisma and attitude are infectious. Must be ace to play for him.

Oh what I'd give for a hug.

It's like when we were shite all I thought was football is a farce, it's money, it's a commodity.

Now, although I can still see those things, I love it again. It's more than winning games, it's

It's just boss