You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Klopp Kopped.

thompsonsnose

Heh - ye strap on - repped.

34edenb.jpg

Important to remember he was kept out of the original Gimp XI by N'gog I trust.

He only partnered Silverling at CB in season 2, also the year chauncey started with two upfront.

Durango was the only one in that Gimp XI that was flattered by his picture.  Actually, maybe not the only one.

• Upvote 1

Tony Evans of the national press talking about putting klopp on a pedestal, he of the press which has done nothing other than churn out feature after feature after picture spread after interview with his nursery teacher all week.

Section knows

I'm surprised Evans hasn't tried to link Klopp's love of baseball caps and tracksuits to his own younger days, in an effort to big up his scal credentials.

Whenever Tony Evans raises his head, it always makes me think of this sketch from Man Stroke Woman......

There is a semblance of a point in what Evans is trying to say, but he needs to take a step back and think it through. First of all the press have been most guilty of hyping Klopp. Then after that, if you are looking at fan reaction, show some balance. We are allowed to enjoy the good news of Klopp arriving after it had all gone stale under Brendan. But nobody is demanding anything of Klopp. He will, rightly, get time and money to do his job. We're just looking forward with renewed hope. It's called being a football fan.

• Upvote 3

There is a semblance of a point in what Evans is trying to say, but he needs to take a step back and think it through. First of all the press have been most guilty of hyping Klopp. Then after that, if you are looking at fan reaction, show some balance. We are allowed to enjoy the good news of Klopp arriving after it had all gone stale under Brendan. But nobody is demanding anything of Klopp. He will, rightly, get time and money to do his job. We're just looking forward with renewed hope. It's called being a football fan.

Well said

Tony Evans of all people with a valid point, that Liverpool fans are too quick to put managers on a pedestal.

http://www.espnfc.co.uk/club/liverpool/364/blog/post/2658910/jurgen-klopp-faces-tough-liverpool-expectations

What a load of bullshit

The press have gone into over drive over this. Most of us are really excited to have a top coach here and most of us will give him the time to try and build and shape the team how he wants it

Getting excited by a new manager like Klopp is what football is all about. We can't influence a single fucking thing that happens on that pitch but we still pay our money and support the club we love. Every fan does, and almost every fan has "hope". Winning something....promotion, league cups, F.A cups, Champions league, Uefa cup, even qualifying for Europe. What would be the point if no football fan had hope?

Also, almost every club in the world goes through what he said. Mangers leave, rarely with their head held high. When they arrive, many people are optimistic and hopeful. If they don't achieve things, they get sacked or leave and everyone is down. That is the fucking same for almost every club in the world. We all just have different goals and targets.

Total bollocks article

• Upvote 3

i actually opened an article to see photos of him coming in for his first training session. 

I just cannot believe how excited I am.  Sure, it could all fail considering it is Liverpool FC but the lift this appointment has given everyone is amazing

Can you post a link to the article or the pics please Jhinge ?

I see this thread has brought a few lurkers out so here is another one, who is still grinning about landing Jürgen Klopp. I am back to looking forward to the match rather than dreading it.

And he is as cool as. He even says cool. Ergo, he's cool.

*Back to lurkage*

• Upvote 10

Tony Evans of the national press talking about putting klopp on a pedestal, he of the press which has done nothing other than churn out feature after feature after picture spread after interview with his nursery teacher all week.

He doesn't work for the times any more, mate. Henry Winter is replacing him.