You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Where are we all now with Brendan?

Paco

Where are we now with Brendan?  

128 members have voted

1. 1. should we sack Brendan now?

• yes, sack him now
    • Don't be ridiculous

To be fair I don't think the owners will shirk away from sacking him, even if they do look like idiots again, because they did it with Comolli after one of our other 'clever' schemes. It'll probably be an entirely new system with entirely new staff next season. The chronic waste seems to have gone through the roof the more they fuck around.

The whole back room shuffle thing was a fucking embarrassment for both club and manager whoever was responsible for it because it showed them both in a bad light.

As a sole means of improving on last season it was faintly ridiculous but I think upgrading any position at the club can only be a good thing. Continuing on to improve the manager and committee might have been an idea.

• Upvote 1

Everyone knows Rodgers should have gone after the 6-1 and the shambles of the season generally, but the final nail in the coffin was the fact he blew his second chance over the summer. Marsh and Pascoe were seemingly yes men who Rodgers placed little value in beyond that. Rodgers was made to get rid of them but he could have got a top coach in. Rodgers hasn't got a clue tactically - he's completely clueless. But Rene Meulensteen and Pako Ayesteran do and he could have got one of them in to help him. His arrogance and insecurity wouldn't allow anyone on his staff who's ever actually fucking won anything as a coach so it was let's get lower league journeyman O'Driscoll in who's achieved less than Rodgers and Gary Mac (great player but done nothing as a coach and a failed manager) to placate the fans. 

And he's still behaving like a twat by cutting his nose off  to spite his face by waging war on all the committee buys while giving every chance to the garbage he bought like Lovren and Lallana to try and prove himself right. Not to mention blowing the budget on Benteke after saying he doesn't want a target man and not having a fucking clue how to set the team up and how to play around Benteke.

It's already ugly. The ground emptying at 70 odd minutes and the air of despondency. It's worse than with that cunt Hodgson because I see no end. We are in a hole and I just don't trust anyone to make the right decisions.

When the fixture list came out people pointed to all those tough away games but assumed we'd win all the home ones. After the shambles of the last home game of last season when Palace wiped the floor with us, we needed to put a marker down with good performances against Bournemouth and West Ham to accompany 6 points. That would have helped settle things. Instead we've been just as poor in both games and not scored (a bogus goal and a good one disallowed for them saw us steal 3 points against Bournemouth) so the home crowd will feel just as despondent as they did at the end of last season.

Away from home we were dross at Stoke in a terrible game but Coutinho scored from nothing, so it was a really good result. Arsenal was a decent result and performance but they scored a legit goal and how would we have responded to that given the collapse at the Emirates last season as soon as we went behind?

I think we'll raise our game and put in performances in these big away games coming up, but how many goals or points we get is another matter. I thought we played well at City early last season but it didn't stop us going 3-0 down (and City weren't even playing well). At Anfield I think it'll be a drag, although we usually stuff Norwich at least and Carlisle and the Europa League 'should' be an opportunity for a few decent wins and performances, so momentum can be built. The problem with Rodgers is whenever we start to build momentum it goes to his head and we just bottle it again whenever we look like achieving something. He's got the uncanny knack of putting his mouth in his mouth as well, as the praising of Lovren before West Ham showed again.

Don't really understand the moaning about the coaches. Their cv's are good enough to both be managers in the championship. Reckon they'll be very useful coaches.

So is Neil Warnock's. 

We need top level experience. Particularly for Europe. Pako and Meulensteen have won European Cups as coaches. O'Driscoll won a play off once (just like the manager). If Rodgers had any real experience or know how then we wouldn't need top coaches.

So is Neil Warnock's.

We need top level experience. Particularly for Europe. Pako and Meulensteen have won European Cups as coaches. O'Driscoll won a play off once (just like the manager).

Plenty of good coaches never manage or have much worse records, I don't really see your point. Even if you rate Ayesteran and Meulensteen as a level apart I reckon they'd be polishing turds rather than cups here.

And he's still behaving like a twat by cutting his nose off  to spite his face by waging war on all the committee buys while giving every chance to the garbage he bought like Lovren and Lallana to try and prove himself right. Not to mention blowing the budget on Benteke after saying he doesn't want a target man and not having a fucking clue how to set the team up and how to play around Benteke.

I think it might be this that forces FSG to pull the trigger with Rodgers. He's more than likely used the lack of a decent striker as his main excuse for last seasons' poor showing and, having got £32.5 million out of them to solve the problem he's not going to have a leg to stand on if we're still failing to score regularly a few months into this campaign. They might keep him in place until next summer if there isn't an appropriate replacement readily available but, as most of us concluded at the end of last season, he's lost this group of players and, once that happens there's nothing any manager can do.

I don't have any illusions about how a new manager is going to get on though. This league is getting more and more competitive with each passing season and a club riven with internal divisions isn't going to get very far. The schism, if one really does exist, between the coach and recruitment team needs to be resolved. Rodgers is only partly responsible for the mess the club finds itself in at the moment. How the people responsible for missing the glaring flaws in most of the signings we've made in the last few windows have survived this far is beyond me.

I think it might be this that forces FSG to pull the trigger with Rodgers. He's more than likely used the lack of a decent striker as his main excuse for last seasons' poor showing and, having got £32.5 million out of them to solve the problem he's not going to have a leg to stand on if we're still failing to score regularly a few months into this campaign. They might keep him in place until next summer if there isn't an appropriate replacement readily available but, as most of us concluded at the end of last season, he's lost this group of players and, once that happens there's nothing any manager can do.

I don't have any illusions about how a new manager is going to get on though. This league is getting more and more competitive with each passing season and a club riven with internal divisions isn't going to get very far. The schism, if one really does exist, between the coach and recruitment team needs to be resolved. Rodgers is only partly responsible for the mess the club finds itself in at the moment. How the people responsible for missing the glaring flaws in most of the signings we've made in the last few windows have survived this far is beyond me.

isnt it better that they're the managers players so hes accountable?

Interesting listening to comolli on 5 live the other night. He said hes never bought a player a manager didn't want.

I don't want him gone, he deserves at the very least till the next transfer window. I was fully supportive of him until the last game, that result put me on the fence.

For me the biggest question marks wasn't the relegation form at the end of last season or even the mediocre start to this season.

His two main transfer targets last season were Lovren and Lallana which he's gone balls out for! Dempsey also springs to mind as another, you have to wonder if he had full control over transfers what a Rodgers team would look like?

Im hoping for a modern day 12 Angry Men.

I think we have already had the major shift of opinion, the evidence is clear to see. He isn't up to the job. More people will fall off the fence as the season goes on. All I am reading on forums is people saying when for them they decided, the villa semi final, the stoke game, the CL surrender and more recently the hammering. 

We are just about to face a run of very difficult away games where we generally do not get many points. I can't see him coming out at the other end still in a job.