You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Happy to let Gomez make his mistakes at LFC?

neilpoole2005

Guest Pistonbroke

Would have made a hero of himself if he had buried that header that skimmed the net. Pity, he had a very good game today and as others say, he's coming on nicely after a somewhat shaky start. He is playing outside his favoured role though. Still young and learning, but the massive positive is he's improving. 

Guest Pistonbroke

I like the look of this kid. Pacey. Skilful. Seems to have a bit of awareness about him. I think long term we could have a good player on our hands here

Barcelona and Real will be monitoring him soon. The Spanish love a versatile player. 

If England play that system in the World Cup he should get the nod and he will do well. I’d like to see us do it too, but even if Klopp is going with a back four, I’d still like to see Gomez in he middle and TAA at right back, based on current options.

No,no,no!

I want him benched until England go out or to pick up a niggly injury that keeps him out. He will be ripped to pieces when he is part of another England WC shambles,or at best they do a par for the course Quarter Final job.

Thought he was MOTM yesterday he's definitely come on this season I see him as a CB eventually

Yeah, seeing his improvement has been great.  I'd almost given up on the club being able to bring kids through anymore, but it's fair to say Klopp is making it a priority rather than just talking about it like most previous managers.

Yeah, seeing his improvement has been great. I'd almost given up on the club being able to bring kids through anymore, but it's fair to say Klopp is making it a priority rather than just talking about it like most previous managers.

We bought him from Charlton for a hefty fee for a teenager at the time. It was a good bit of scouting for a change.

To be fair to the lad he was excellent at left back in crazy Brendans time in charge until that long injury break put his future in doubt,maybe even his career. But after a very rusty comeback he has grown into his role and reminds me of Carragher at left back where you knew he was an excellent defender but was filling in and doing a job for the team before taking a natural position. I'd rather Gomez stayed where he is until he can play alongside a half decent centre half and NOT Lovren. Matip,Klavan, Gomez and Another would be ok until the end of the season with TAA and Robertson as stand in full backs is ok in my eyes. I've not mentioned Moreno because I don't trust him in the same way I mistrust Lovren.

Gomez is doing well but let's not push him into a position where his mistakes will be magnified if we do. Not yet anyway. Btw I think this Robertson lad also has a chance to be a reliable full back at the club and looks to offer balance to our back line.