You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Should the UK remain a member of the EU

Anny Road

317 members have voted

1. 1. Should the UK remain a member of the EU

• Yes
    • No

13 minutes ago, AngryofTuebrook said:

I know.  This is just how your weird imagination works. I could literally launch twin bombing raids on Brussels and Strasbourg and you'd find a way to call me a shill.

Well for someone who carps on and on about the eu bringing peace you dont seem at all concerned when its leader threatens a border on a country thats only recently dropped borders after a 30 year sectarian war. 

The condemnation over this impulsive overreaction tells it's own story. Its not just the idiot little englanders its people from diverse viewpoints and from across the globw. The archbishop of Canterbury, the Irish prime minister  Sinn Fein, the DUP to name just a few.  Both remain and leave saw the possibility of trouble. It's an action that showed gross incompetence and abuse of power and the guilty should resign.

I'll leave it there now, I've bored everyone to death with it and well just have to disagree.

34 minutes ago, Gnasher said:

I'll leave it there now, I've bored everyone to death with it and well just have to disagree.

You know, when you make a point and then someone responds to it - especially when they're broadly in agreement with you - you don't have to keep banging on and on and fucking on about whatever fucking nonsense is farting about in your imagination. 

Can you at least accept that we agree on the point that you've bored everyone with this flapdoodle.  

5 minutes ago, AngryofTuebrook said:

You know, when you make a point and then someone responds to it - especially when they're broadly in agreement with you - you don't have to keep banging on and on and fucking on about whatever fucking nonsense is farting about in your imagination. 

Can you at least accept that we agree on the point that you've bored everyone with this flapdoodle.  

Aye ok. Heres Numeros excitable mate, he wants to tell you about your mates..

9 minutes ago, Gnasher said:

Aye ok. Heres Numeros excitable mate, he wants to tell you about your mates..

I don't think James O'Brien knows any of my mates.

Why are you obsessively banging on about the fact that the EU fucked up the other day, when nobody- not even the EU - claims that they didn't?  Who do you imagine you're arguing with?  What point do you imagine you're making?

The EU fucked up from an aesthetics point of view with the Article 16 shenanigans. What they replaced it with is essentially the same thing. The idea was to stop the UK government bringing in vaccines from the EU through N Ireland onto mainland Britain and the new arrangement will do exactly that.

Their actions were thoughtless, they weren't reckless nor did they threaten peace. The side that hate the EU would welcome a border and the side that don't want a border voted to remain in the EU.

27 minutes ago, AngryofTuebrook said:

I don't think James O'Brien knows any of my mates.

Why are you obsessively banging on about the fact that the EU fucked up the other day, when nobody- not even the EU - claims that they didn't?  Who do you imagine you're arguing with?  What point do you imagine you're making?

It raises a few issues. The obvious being the fundamental structure of the eu is flawed. Remember I used to send links about Kinnock saying Baroness Warsi should be eu president?  Well Von der Lyen is proving the equivalent, and its dangerous.

1 She won a vote where she was the only candidate. .2 . Shes from the aristocracy so hardly in touch with the people  3. She's a center right politician. 4  She's incompetent. 5. Unless she resigns shes almost impossible to get rid of. 6. Shes a cunt.

It seems on every major issue the EU is found wanting, from Vaccinations to climate change.

Heres a fair article from the New York Times.. I think she should resign, I think if she stays the eu will lose some of its authority.

9 hours ago, Gnasher said:

It raises a few issues. The obvious being the fundamental structure of the eu is flawed. Remember I used to send links about Kinnock saying Baroness Warsi should be eu president?  Well Von der Lyen is proving the equivalent, and its dangerous.

1 She won a vote where she was the only candidate. .2 . Shes from the aristocracy so hardly in touch with the people  3. She's a center right politician. 4  She's incompetent. 5. Unless she resigns shes almost impossible to get rid of. 6. Shes a cunt.

It seems on every major issue the EU is found wanting, from Vaccinations to climate change.

Heres a fair article from the New York Times.. I think she should resign, I think if she stays the eu will lose some of its authority.

7. GILF 

25 minutes ago, Gnasher said:

Ouch... I suggest Angry and his mates watch these truth bombs whilst gulping down a large whisky 

Who the fuck are you arguing with?

You seem to have created a scenario in your own head where you believe everyone who voted remain sees nothing wrong in the EUs handling of the vaccine roll out. You're weird man.

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, Gnasher said:

Erm I'm not sure, shes got a bit of Thatcher about her which puts me off.

Beggars can’t be choosers. In my case I’d be like a rat up a drainpipe. 

Probably wouldn’t shag Thatcher though. Although there might be more warmth to her now than there was when she existed in the land of the living. 

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Bruce Spanner said:

LATEST IN BREXIT: Top tale from Politics Home’s Adam Payne: The EU has told the British shellfish industry the ban on mussels, cockles, oysters, clams and scallops is indefinite, after DEFRA said it was only until the spring. Labour and the Lib Dems are demanding DEFRA explain how they messed up.

Turns out this particular EU policy has always been in place for non-member states, of which, we are now one:

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/politics/brexit-shellfish-eu-oysters-cockles-b1796002.html

'I notice with this EU border row our press has conveniently forgotten that the UK threatened to invoke article 16 last month. or that Gove was adamant that no doses of the vaccine would be going from the UK to Europe until the UK had had its fill. In neither of these cases has the UK apologized and yet scream murder when the EU threaten to do the same thing they have already done. This collusion between Government and press is getting out of hand. The other thing I read today: British Loyalist extremists threatening British workers who work at the British border - BBC: "we have asked the EU for comment".'

https://www.thelondoneconomic.com/politics/reminder-that-boris-johnson-threatened-to-trigger-article-16-two-weeks-ago/30/01/

• Upvote 2

1 minute ago, Bruce Spanner said:

'I notice with this EU border row our press has conveniently forgotten that the UK threatened to invoke article 16 last month. or that Gove was adamant that no doses of the vaccine would be going from the UK to Europe until the UK had had its fill. In neither of these cases has the UK apologized and yet scream murder when the EU threaten to do the same thing they have already done. This collusion between Government and press is getting out of hand. The other thing I read today: British Loyalist extremists threatening British workers who work at the British border - BBC: "we have asked the EU for comment".'

Our press? So it's just "our press"  You been smoking angel dust? The condemnation has been fucking world wide.There are articles from different countries in the last few pages. Even the archbishop of Canterbury tried to calm the waters. Canada, Korea and Japan expressed concern. There is an article from the New York Times on this very page.  There is also a write up by a German for the times on this page. 

Plus both Irish governments and Sinn Fein were aghast. You can pin a lot on the press but to try to pass this off as a bit of uk based biased reporting is bizarre.

• Downvote 1

2 hours ago, Bruce Spanner said:

LATEST IN BREXIT: Top tale from Politics Home’s Adam Payne: The EU has told the British shellfish industry the ban on mussels, cockles, oysters, clams and scallops is indefinite, after DEFRA said it was only until the spring. Labour and the Lib Dems are demanding DEFRA explain how they messed up.

@Liverpool lad

Gnasher I can't read and understand things for you, I'm sorry, it's just not possible.

Go back, re-read, guide your finger along so you don't miss words out.

It says that the UK media has ignored it's own governements threats to invoke article 16 two weeks earlier than the point you currently have a deranged hard on for, at no point is there an insinuation that the EU did not fuck it up, it's stating that the UK governemnt, and media, have some fucking brass neck to try and score political points when they have intimimated they would do the very same. No mention of anything else, no reference to the EU from the world media, no lack of condemntaion for the EU. I have no idea how you can get it so wrong consistently.

It's genuinely baffeling how bad your wilful disregard for anything which challenges your warped version of truth is. Anything is recieved and rejected without critical resolve or attempt at understanding.

I meant what I said yesterday, I can't engage with you anymore it is utterly fucking pointless.

I have never used the ignore function on here before, but today I am as I can't stand to see you spam the shit out of threads with nonsense, argue in circles, misread constantly and otherwise stem debate with wilful ignorance and stupidity.

• Upvote 3

The uk press did not ignore Johnsons bluster it was a different scenario and under different circumstances. The reaction from the Irish Government's and Sinn Fein should give you and the eu lickklespits who repped your stupid post some idea on the difference in gravity between the two situations, but like yourself their blind devotion to the eu makes for blind stupidity.

Edit. I suppose the reason the worlds media gave greater coverage to this action by the eu compared to Johnsons bollocks is they are all biased Brexiteers. That must include the Irish government and Sinn Fein.

1 minute ago, Gnasher said:

The uk press did not ignore Johnsons bluster it was a different scenario and under different circumstances. The reaction from the Irish Government's and Sinn Fein should give you and the eu lickklespits who repped your stupid post some idea on the difference in gravity between the two situations, but like yourself their blind devotion to the eu makes for blind stupidity.

Mate, I respect that you have a different opinion to me and I admire your conviction in arguing your point, but I'm fucked if I'm going to be called a 'lickspittle'. Could you wind in the name calling please?

3 minutes ago, Rushies tash said:

Mate, I respect that you have a different opinion to me and I admire your conviction in arguing your point, but I'm fucked if I'm going to be called a 'lickspittle'. Could you wind in the name calling please?

Ok I apologise. Sorry. 

• Upvote 3

A word to the open minded, dont listen to Spanners conspiracy bollocks.

I'm as big a critic of our media than anyone but their are good reasons why the worlds press and Irish leaders have given an awful lot more airspace to the actions of the eu compared to the Johnson bluster and the reasons are not as Skippy implies that they are biased Brexiteers or are anti EU.

Gerry Adam's is not anti EU, The Irish PM is not anti eu, the German newspapers are not anti EU. The BBC is not biased against the EU. It's a fucking nonsense crackpot theory and it's a line trotted out by Skippy Spanner  to shelter the magnitude of EU incompetence.