You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Crystal Palace at home

Kevin D

You need someone canny who can appeal to their sense of history and desire to set their name into the record books. I think Ancelotti is doable. I don't think Ayre head or leather glove man have a hope of persuading him though. If he comes it'll be because (like Section says) he wants to get the old girl going again. I think a gentlemen like Ancelotti would take a great deal of pride in having achieved that. 

The problem is that to get Ancelotti FSG would need to sack Rodgers, Ayre, the rest of the committee, Pascoe, Marsh, Achterberg, the groundstaff, the tea ladies, tear up all of their moneyballs theories, and go to him and say "We'll give you £40m plus anything you make in sales every season, we don't give a fuck if you sign 19 year olds, 29 year olds, or 39 year olds. No gimp with a laptop is going to going to tell you that you can't sign someone, you have full 100% autonomy to do whatever the fuck you want, now please sign here, Carlo, sir. Thanks"

And they won't.

• Upvote 1

The problem is that to get Ancelotti FSG would need to sack Rodgers, Ayre, the rest of the committee, Pascoe, Marsh, Achterberg, the groundstaff, the tea ladies, tear up all of their moneyballs theories, and go to him and say "We'll give you £40m plus anything you make in sales every season, we don't give a fuck if you sign 19 year olds, 29 year olds, or 39 year olds. No gimp with a laptop is going to going to tell you that you can't sign someone, you have full 100% autonomy to do whatever the fuck you want, now please sign here, Carlo, sir. Thanks"

And they won't.

Is that right? I thought Ancelotti had worked with just about every type of setup going and was savvy enough to make them work.

Is that right? I thought Ancelotti had worked with just about every type of setup going and was savvy enough to make them work.

I didn't say he hadn't, or that he couldn't, but to get him here? Now?

I think to take on this level of challenge he'd want more autonomy than, for example, at Chelsea, Real Madrid or PSG.

We look like United under Moyes last season.

And if we fail to win our last match against Stoke, we'll finish with fewer points than they did under Moyes last season.

Moyes > Rodgers, almost quite literally.

I think to take on this level of challenge he'd want more autonomy than, for example, at Chelsea, Real Madrid or PSG.

Ok, I see what you mean now. He's one of the few I see that could find a way to succeed (relatively) given the constraints, we've decided to set ourselves.

You need someone canny who can appeal to their sense of history and desire to set their name into the record books. I think Ancelotti is doable. I don't think Ayre head or leather glove man have a hope of persuading him though. If he comes it'll be because (like Section says) he wants to get the old girl going again. I think a gentlemen like Ancelotti would take a great deal of pride in having achieved that. 

Leather glove man haha, makes him sound like some insidious Bond villian.

PA-10044662.jpg

"Now with the power of telekinesis i will make you spontaneously human combust Mr Bond, but not before i destroy your beloved Liverpool".

• Upvote 1

Ancelotti lives in Vancouver off-season and will be retiring here soon.

Perfect opportunity for you to have a word then......

stock-footage-male-murderer-in-balaclava

NEKO: "Good evening, Mr Ancelotti. You will do exactly as I say and nobody gets hurt."

CA: "Sì. Sì. Please, take whatever you want. My money, my wife....."

NEKO: "When you are asked, Mr Ancelotti, you will take the Liverpool job. If you refuse, I will return, and my next visit will not be so pleasant. Is that understood?"

CA: "Che cazzo?!"

• Upvote 4

All of whom have shitloads more cash than us. We need a manager to mould a side greater than the sum of its parts. Does Ancelloti have any kudos in that regard? Where has he unearthed a few nuggets? Cos we need a few nuggets. Ancelloti, obviously, manages good players well. How would he get on with our expensive barrel of pig shit?

And they won't.

Exactly. We're not appointing Rafa or Ancelotti. Don't waste your time thinking about it. There's maybe an outside chance of Klopp. I'm not convinced we'd be looking at someone quite as unremarkable as Monk, for example, but we're looking at someone like De Boer

They have beaten us 6-2 on aggregate this season. That is fucking embarrassing. It'll take them 4 seasons to spend what we did in one, but we've still been bummed by them.

Pardew>Rodgers.

Indeed. Pardew > most other Brit managers. Have long thought so. He also spoke more genuinely of Gerrard than our guy yesterday in my view. I'm sure that is in part due to my inherent dislike of most of Brendans public utterings though.

That was an embarrassing performance yesterday. We looked clueless going forward and ridiculously open at the back.

The club propaganda at the end was fucking disgusting as well. Pull the other one eh lads, we all know that we're shite.

• Upvote 2

Spineless this Liverpool side. Absolutely fucking spineless. Weak both mentally and physically. Weak, weak, weak...

Rickie Lambert came out and said the result didn't matter. That just about sums up the mentality of this Liverpool side. Not good enough. Not good enough at all.

• Upvote 2

The result didn't matter! When fans pay a large percentage of their income to watch these guys plus it's the last home game of the season with a club legend playing his last ever game is say the result mattered. I can take losing the best sides have bad results but we are being battered all over the pitch by mediocrity

• Upvote 1

The result didn't matter! When fans pay a large percentage of their income to watch these guys plus it's the last home game of the season with a club legend playing his last ever game is say the result mattered. I can take losing the best sides have bad results but we are being battered all over the pitch by mediocrity

It's annoying isn't it. And more annoyingly I doubt Stevie had the attitude the result didn't matter either. He would've been gutted we lost. It's just sad his team mates were only too happy to hide behind the fact it was his last game and put in another half-arsed performance. Instead of going out there and giving him the send off he deserved.

When I used to play football on the park with my mates it still mattered winning. Look at Suarez in the gerrard friendly, you can see he wants to win its in his DNA. Making excuses has become our DNA. As soon as you find a good excuse for failure you'll soon begin to find any excuse acceptable. Our players come across like it's just a job, picking up a wage doing the daily grind. They are supposed to be sportsmen instead of showing fight and a will to win most the time it's just lethargic and resigned. For all Rodgers text book motivational tools we are uninspired.

• Upvote 4

When I used to play football on the park with my mates it still mattered winning. Look at Suarez in the gerrard friendly, you can see he wants to win its in his DNA. Making excuses has become our DNA. As soon as you find a good excuse for failure you'll soon begin to find any excuse acceptable. Our players come across like it's just a job, picking up a wage doing the daily grind. They are supposed to be sportsmen instead of showing fight and a will to win most the time it's just lethargic and resigned. For all Rodgers text book motivational tools we are uninspired.

*sighs*

Pretty much sums us up mate. Pathetic.